talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup Prediction League - Rules & General Discussion

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Round Two is finished and the table is up - Click HERE to be magically transferred to view the standings

An absolutely sensational score by @Batard - anyone will do well to match that in the next round. Not only was it the highest score of the round and season so far, it was also the most perfect scores. Fabulous effort.
I had this reaction when counting his score
Image result for zidane gif

Of course there has to be shout-outs and commendation to @bozziovai and @LFCMike for their 40+ scores. Great effort lads.

Those 3 mentioned so far, as well as @Bluewolf, deserve further credit for the amount of perfect scores they got - Batard with his 6; LFCMike with his 5 and Bluewolf/Bozziovai with 4 each.

Bozziovai went from 26th to 2nd. Batard went from 18th to 1st. Goes to show that there can be a lot of movement in one week!

Well done all. Keep it up!

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Round Two is finished and the table is up - Click HERE to be magically transferred to view the standings

An absolutely sensational score by @Batard - anyone will do well to match that in the next round. Not only was it the highest score of the round and season so far, it was also the most perfect scores. Fabulous effort.
I had this reaction when counting his score
Image result for zidane gif

Of course there has to be shout-outs and commendation to @bozziovai and @LFCMike for their 40+ scores. Great effort lads.

Those 3 mentioned so far, as well as @Bluewolf, deserve further credit for the amount of perfect scores they got - Batard with his 6; LFCMike with his 5 and Bluewolf/Bozziovai with 4 each.

Bozziovai went from 26th to 2nd. Batard went from 18th to 1st. Goes to show that there can be a lot of movement in one week!

Well done all. Keep it up!

A fucking fluke xD

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Batard said:

A fucking fluke xD

mate, I checked it about 5 times to make sure I hadn't counted up wrong. Every time I read through as the score stacked up I was genuinely saying 'what the fuck' to myself.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

mate, I checked it about 5 times to make sure I hadn't counted up wrong. Every time I read through as the score stacked up I was genuinely saying 'what the fuck' to myself.

I’ve just been through them, I clearly had a serious boner for 2-1 scorelines when I made my predictions 

• Administrator

Round three has finished and the LEAGUE Table can be found HERE 

This week's start of the show is @Asura - a massive 33 points to take him this time from 31st to 6th. 

@Batard remains at the top with @Panna King close on his tail.

This league so far does emphasise the point that just cos you're on the staff team, doesn't mean you know it all - myself and @Harvsky used as prime examples :ph34r: 

@Rucksackfranzose, @nudge, @Dan
@Devon Von Devon, @LFCMike @YNWA, @Blue
@Tommy, @Eco, @Chaaay AFC, @Storts
@SirBalon @Bluewolf, @Kitchen Sales, @Batard
@The Palace Fan, @Viva la FCB, @Panna King, @...Dan
@Spike, @Toinho @Lucas, @RandoEFC
@ASF, @UNORTHODOX, @bozziovai, @Mel81x
@BartraPique1932, @Asura, @Marc, @Machado

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Round three has finished and the LEAGUE Table can be found HERE 

This week's start of the show is @Asura - a massive 33 points to take him this time from 31st to 6th. 

@Batard remains at the top with @Panna King close on his tail.

This league so far does emphasise the point that just cos you're on the staff team, doesn't mean you know it all - myself and @Harvsky used as prime examples :ph34r: 

WTF how did that even happen... I got super lucky I guess :drunk:

• Administrator

Table after Round of 16 phase can be found HERE

Well done to @Storts and @LFCMike for their scores of 15 each in what turned out to be a very tricky round to predict for.

@Blue and @Mel81x deserve credit for their shouts of Belgium 3-2 Japan. And even more so for @LFCMike (again!) for an outstanding and bold prediction of Spain 1-1 Russia.

@Batard remains in first spot - can anyone catch him in time?

• Administrator

Table after Quarter-Final phase can be found HERE

So, we're down to the proper business end of the competition and with the quarter-final stage completed, there's a 4-way tie for most points scored; 10 points gained by @Bluewolf, @LFCMike, @Viva la FCB and @ASF. Good score to rack up given there were only 4 games. 

Egg on face moments for myself, @Batard, @bozziovai, @Storts, @Eco, @SirBalon, @Blue, @Mel81x, @UNORTHODOX who all scored an embarrassing 0 points in the round!

Image result for egg on face gif

• Administrator

Table after the Semi-Final phase can be found HERE

The end is nigh!

Well done to @Dan and @Chaaay AFC for their 8-point efforts from only two games played.

We only have two games remaining before the winner of the World Cup Prediction League is determined! 

@Batard has an 8 point lead but is it too little too late for the chasers?

5 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Im going to be the first one to congratulate @Batard on winning the thing. I don't think anyone can catch him now.

The bonus point still need to be added at the end no? For WC winner and top scorer etc.

And @Batard didn't back his country.

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

The bonus point still need to be added at the end no? For WC winner and top scorer etc.

And @Batard didn't back his country.

Complete forgot about the bonus points for predicting the winner at the end of it all. Although I am sure a lot of people would probably not make the cut there seeing as most of us didn't even get close to predicting this kind of a final.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived