talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Paul Pogba Booed Off By Own Fans Against Italy

Didier Deschamps and Antoine Griezmann defended Paul Pogba after he was jeered during France's 3-1 win over Italy on Friday.

Samuel Umtiti, Griezmann and Ousmane Dembele scored as Les Bleus eased to victory in Nice.

However, Manchester United midfielder Pogba was jeered by a section of home fans in the second half after a misplaced pass, and again when he was replaced by Steven N'Zonzi with five minutes remaining.

Samuel Umtiti, Griezmann and Ousmane Dembele scored as Les Bleus eased to victory in Nice.

However, Manchester United midfielder Pogba was jeered by a section of home fans in the second half after a misplaced pass, and again when he was replaced by Steven N'Zonzi with five minutes remaining.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

• The title was changed to Paul Pogba Booed Off By Own Fans Against Italy
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

There has to be more to this than just a misplaced pass.

Being generally shite brings that out of people as well. As was said above he needs players around him to compliment his style of play otherwise it becomes hard for him to find his rhythm.

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Being generally shite brings that out of people as well. As was said above he needs players around him to compliment his style of play otherwise it becomes hard for him to find his rhythm.

He's only played 1 other game in 2018 and scored so where is the build up to this?

You don't just boo someone for having an off day.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

He's only played 1 other game in 2018 and scored so where is the build up to this?

I was reading a post match interview with Deschamps where he said they weren't just targeting Paul Pogba but the whole team as well. I think the general consensus is that they want their team to be performing better than they are. Back on Pogba, I think they just don't like the fact that someone who has a recent history of being utterly useless is playing on their team so when he fucks up it just revalidates their reason for booing. 

I don't think Deschamps will be making him a part of his starting XI at the WC either ways so the crowd can rest easy. He's got a lot of work to do inorder to be considered any good for what he goes for but I think if he keeps his head down and finds a way to make himself useful again he'll do just fine.

1 hour ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Maybe a feeling that he shouldn't be starting for them? 

• Subscriber

France fans were noticeably mardy arsed throughout the Euros as well. Took about ten minutes for the boos to kick in during their first game.

On 02/06/2018 at 11:52, Chaaay AFC said:

Pogba clearly has elite talent, but I always feel he needs so much around him to make him shine. That's what stops him being top tier for me. 

Exactly this. Pogba needs a very specific midfield setup to perform well. This is a dilemma for Deschamps, Tolisso played his way into the starting XI, but he and Pogba don´t seem to work well together. So: N´Zonzi - Kanté - Pogba or N´Zonzi - Kanté - Tolisso ?

9 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Exactly this. Pogba needs a very specific midfield setup to perform well. This is a dilemma for Deschamps, Tolisso played his way into the starting XI, but he and Pogba don´t seem to work well together. So: N´Zonzi - Kanté - Pogba or N´Zonzi - Kanté - Tolisso ?

That's a problem Deschamps has to find a solution to. This French squad has far too much talent to worry about getting the best from Pogba. They have great options, I mean they could maybe even sacrifice a midfielder and play Griezmann as a 10. They have the players more than capable to run that.

Archived