talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What's the worst prediction you've ever made?

football forum

Saw this question on Twitter and I´m curious to share my terrible predicitions and also to read yours.

My worst , which I remember sharing with my co-workers during lunch, is definitely this: "Hey, we´re not playing well but we definitely have what it takes to beat Germany at home." :dam:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mexico beating Chile 3-0 in the 2016 Copa America.

Also, some of you may remember but I made a very bold prediction on the old forum saying that the final will be Brazil - Argentina in tha last World Cup and made a full paragraph as to why Brazil would beat Germany. How wrong was I xD

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

Mexico beating Chile 3-0 in the 2016 Copa America.

Also, some of you may remember but I made a very bold prediction on the old forum saying that the final will be Brazil - Argentina in tha last World Cup and made a full paragraph as to why Brazil would beat Germany. How wrong was I xD

The good old Profe Osorio implosion. xD 

12 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

I predicted the world to end in 2012.

I predicted Pakistan to disintegrate in 2015.

I predicted Jesus to comeback in 2017.

Just unlucky mate keep plugging away.

I will never forget that I predicted OX to never fully break through at the top level because England was a production line of fast dark skinned wingers who can't deliver consistent quality finishing crossing and passing, was hosed for it, labeled a racist and told he would be world class.

Suck my balls

• Administrator

Probably not the worst but most recent, I predicted that Roma and Liverpool 'would get nowhere close' to winning the Champions League this season. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/06/2018 at 20:38, Eco said:

I predicted Inter to win Serie A this year....

I thought Kondogbia would be a great signing for Inter. :dam:

One of my worst is one of when I was a kid: 

"That Dyanmo Kiev side has two guys good guys Rebrov and Shevchenko, but I still think Rebrov will the best of the two."

I´m so dumb!  xD

• Subscriber
On 6/3/2018 at 09:53, Marc said:

I bet on Leicester to go down when they won the league.

I thought we would when we appointed Ranieri. I thought it was a disaster appointment.

Strangely, what happened in the league in 2016/17 is what I expected to happen in 2015/16.

Anyhow...

- I predicted Chelsea to win the league in both 2015/16 and 2017/18.

- In World Cup 2014 fantasy football I put pretty much my entire back five as Spain players on the basis they hardly ever concede. First game, they lose 1-5 to Holland.

- I said Lucas Moura would be better than Neymar.

- I said Peterborough would beat Leicester in the cup this season. Leicester won 1-5.

- I, like many, thought Brazil would beat Germany in 2014.

- I ridiculed my mate a silly amount when he said Portugal would win Euro 2016, and stepped it up a notch when he stood by that claim after the group stages.

• 3 months later...
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, Salford Kel said:

That David Moyes was the second coming of Sir Alex Ferguson. That was pretty much as bad as it gets and the sad thing is I genuinely believed it for years before we got him

I think whoever stepped in to Fergie's massive boots was destined to 'fail', per se. Especially with the way social media and journos can circle round any person they want like vultures. It was such a huge gap to fill that Moyes was always fighting a losing battle. 

Is it true that Fergie hand-picked him to take over?

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think whoever stepped in to Fergie's massive boots was destined to 'fail', per se. Especially with the way social media and journos can circle round any person they want like vultures. It was such a huge gap to fill that Moyes was always fighting a losing battle. 

Is it true that Fergie hand-picked him to take over?

Yea, can see why to a degree as I felt the same but he just didn't have that mentality to delegate. There's a really good Rio Ferdinand interview where he says that Moyes wanted to oversee everything but, without wishing to sound disrespectful to Everton, you just can't do that at a club of United's size. One of Fergie's biggest strengths was his ability to delegate and trust his staff

1 hour ago, Salford Kel said:

Yea, can see why to a degree as I felt the same but he just didn't have that mentality to delegate. There's a really good Rio Ferdinand interview where he says that Moyes wanted to oversee everything but, without wishing to sound disrespectful to Everton, you just can't do that at a club of United's size. One of Fergie's biggest strengths was his ability to delegate and trust his staff

That and giving Ferdinand videos of Phil Jagielka to watch for how he could improve his game.

Archived