talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dragon Ball Z

football forum

Anyone watching it as a kid? I'm 28 and I'm still watching it. It has new episodes, they call them "Super" but if you ask me they are nothing compared to the original Z episodes. Super is designed for kids and I agree 100% with anyone saying that these new episodes are too childish. Nevertheless it's still Dragon Ball and even though I skipped most of the episodes, I really enjoyed it in the end when the big tournament is about to end and the last men standing are giving everything they got to stay alive and win the tournament (and obtain the Dragon balls)

There is also another interesting section of episodes in the future (Trunk's timeline) when again the Z fighters are fighting for survival but in that timeline, Trunks is the one who shines, not Goku. nor Vegeta.

and if you think this is all, nope. There is a new movie coming out this fall. I think my grandchildren will be watching Dragon Ball too xD

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still watching it. I actually like DB Super though, I think its not what it used to be but some of the ideas were very original. They went onto the battle royale fad that's currently going on and the whole plot was structured nicely. 

My favourite saga is Frieza. Just because he was the primary but secret antagonist of all the original Dragonball. The whole story started because of him and it was great to see Goku fight him at one point. 

Cell saga was incredibly fun too, even if it had some flaws. Although Trunks is my favourite character in the entire series.

Majin Buu had great fight scenes but not a great plot around it. I think this is the point of the series where non-saiyans became useless. Even Piccolo.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

I'm still watching it. I actually like DB Super though, I think its not what it used to be but some of the ideas were very original. They went onto the battle royale fad that's currently going on and the whole plot was structured nicely. 

My favourite saga is Frieza. Just because he was the primary but secret antagonist of all the original Dragonball. The whole story started because of him and it was great to see Goku fight him at one point. 

Cell saga was incredibly fun too, even if it had some flaws. Although Trunks is my favourite character in the entire series.

Majin Buu had great fight scenes but not a great plot around it. I think this is the point of the series where non-saiyans became useless. Even Piccolo.

Agree with this, although Cell saga probably my personal favorite. 

Dragonball Z Abridged on YouTube is hilarious 

On 6/3/2018 at 17:21, Blue said:

My favorite saga remains the Cell games even though it didn't make sense how a little kid (Gohan) could surpass Goku, Vegeta and Trunks.

also,  a character who was introduced in the Cell saga now happens to be my favorite one...

• 1 month later...

Loved it, may favorite cartoon as a kid. I love it even now at 31, best series were Dragon Ball Z, and the older when Goku was a kid. Didn't watch GT or any after (none of the movies either). Overall perhaps one of the best series i ever watched of any genre.

1 minute ago, True Blue said:

Loved it, may favorite cartoon as a kid. I love it even now at 31, best series were Dragon Ball Z, and the older when Goku was a kid. Didn't watch GT or any after (none of the movies either). Overall perhaps one of the best series i ever watched of any genre.

trust me, you have to watch this movie:

A1X+AjfmPoL._SL1500_.jpg

and then get ready for the new movie coming on January...

broly-07-13-18-1.jpeg

48 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

DZ sucks balls.

I'm currently on my 6th ball, need to find my 7th to wish you out of existence. Shenron will have the power no doubt.

Archived