• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Your Teams Predicted Signings?

football forum

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Fabra, South American left back I know nothing about.

Doucoure, I'd happily see him replace Schneiderlin.

Batshuayi, would be an interesting signing and be a good partner/alternative for Tosun.

Arnautovic, would be a big upgrade on Bolasie as long as the manager has the strength to manage him effectively.

Those are the rumours, no idea of the truth of any of them.

• Administrator

we'll need someone to replace Mahrez - can't rely on Diabate and Gray. Definitely need more quality in that respect; not necessarily as good as Mahrez is now as they're huge shoes to fill but someone who has some quality and creative instinct. 

Another centre-back would be good - think we should be aiming to get Dragovic in as he's done well in his loan spell whenever he's been called upon.

I think we need a creative number 10 as well to link midfield with Vardy. Okazaki has his advantages of all the running he does and being an absolute workhorse but even his days are numbered now I think. Mainly through injury and just that we play differently to his strengths now.

I really hope Iheanacho kicks on this season - seen some glimpses of how he can flourish with us in the games against Arsenal and Spurs at the end of the season so hope that continues. If not, I expect us to complete the signing of Grealish or Maddison to be the creative individiuals we need in the side. We have enough competent midfielderd in Ndidi, Silva, Iborra but none of them seem to be able to pick the perfect pass out and provide good service on a consistent basis for strikers.

There's talk of us going for Thorgan Hazard (although looks like he'll go Valencia) and Felipe Anderson linked today from Lazio. He'd be exactly the type of signing we should be aiming for as he is quality. But I can't see it happening at all! Wishful thinking from pure paper talk. 

Crystal Palace: 

New Contracts - I am not sure how we have allowed ourselves to be in this position but we have Wayne Hennessey, Joel Ward, James McArthur and Yohan Cabaye all out of contract. Really, we need to get them all under contract pronto or sign like for like players.

New Goalkeeper - With Julian Speroni approaching 40 and Wayne Hennessey only showing signs of being competent during central renewal, a new Goalkeeper should once again be a priority. We have been linked with a goalkeeper from La Liga who looked bloody impressive the one time I've seen him play against Barcelona, and a 19 year old in France with plenty of first team experience. However the player i would like to see us sign, and I think I'm the only Palace Fan that thinks this is Joe Hart. After two disappointing years and losing his place in the England squad, I think this is the environment he could thrive in under a manager he's worked for previously. 

Holding Midfielder - Hopefully Yohan stays (if not we should go back in for the guy we tried to sign in deadline day). Even if he does, we only have three deep midfielders. Given our new formation I would like to see one more, and the player i think that would fit in that's affordable is Jake Livermore. His team have just been relegated, he's good mates with Andros, he's from London, and knows Roy Hodgson. This could be the ideal fit for him.

Attacking Midfielder - We could need two of these if we don't sign Ruben Loftus Cheek, or three of James McArthur goes, but less of the negativity. With our new system we need a central midfielder that can also play out wide but can run with the forwards and has the pace to keep up with our quicker players. That is not easy to find. So I'll settle for one that will preferably stay out wide. I'd like Adama Traore from Middlesbrough but I don't think Tony Pulis would all the clubs to negotiate. I don't think Michael Antonio is an unrealistic target. He could offer us a bombing forward option too from full back similar to how PVA and Schlupp do too.

Wide Player / Striker - Given Zaha, Townsend and Sako all outperformed our striking options last season as forwards I would like to see us go ahead with the fluid, quick and creative system going forwards. It's not easy to identify somebody in that role. I remember Moussa Dembele sometimes playing wide and upfront for Fulham  before joining Celtic so maybe he would be an ideal addition.

A goalkeeper, attacking midfielder and a forward (someone who can come in for any of the current three) are musts for me. The attacking midfielder and forward could be one player if you can find someone as versatile as Coutinho was.

Would like more than that but think that's being greedy given the outlay on those three plus the two we've already signed.

For me centre back and central midfield are probably the biggest priorities along with a winger.

Centre back needs some experience and class, especially with Mertesacker retiring and with Koscielny's injury. Looks like we are signing Sokratis but I wouldn't be surprised if we went after another. Cover for RB is also required to actually give Bellerin some rest and that's looking like Lichtsteiner on a free.

Midfield definitely needs another option and with Wilshere looking like leaving there is arguably room for two. Rumours have mostly been N'Zonzi because of his link to Emery, but Doucoure has also been floating about. Would have loved Kondogbia but Valencia unsurprisingly snapped him up.

As for a winger not really sure he will end up with but I hope it's looked into. Seriously lack a pure winger at the club. Also Goalkeeper is another, but I see that being prioritised next season.

Archived