talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dele Alli Promises Not to Get Sent Off In Russia

• Administrator

We all know what this means then.

Although to be fair, he shouldn't be in the squad if you've not even seen footage of Beckham vs Argentina :ph34r: 

England midfielder Dele Alli insists he has no concerns about losing his cool at the World Cup.

The Tottenham playmaker has become a target as opposition players attempt to take advantage of his fiery streak.

But Alli, who claims he has never seen footage of David Beckham’s red card against Argentina at the 1998 World Cup, expects his football to do the talking in Russia.

I am a big believer that you have to make mistakes to learn from them,” the 22-year-old said.

“And, yeah, I feel I learned from the things I’ve done before, but it’s not something I worry about at all.

“I haven’t seen the incident with Beckham but, you know, I feel I’ve got everything under control.

“That (opponents winding him up in Russia) is not going to be a problem.

“Obviously, I’ve done some things before and people seem to think that will be a problem – but it’s not.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/world-cup-russia-2018-dele-alli-promises-not-sent-off-david-beckham-a8381316.html

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
12 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

To be fair he was 2 years old and I can't remember the last time I saw it. Certainly not in the last decade. It's not something that seems to be repeated, you'd have to go looking for it.

it's usually on World Cup compilation videos (blunders, great moments etc) and if you don't watch those before a big tournament you're not a proper football fan. 

:ph34r: 

55 minutes ago, Stan said:

it's usually on World Cup compilation videos (blunders, great moments etc) and if you don't watch those before a big tournament you're not a proper football fan. 

:ph34r: 

He's busy posing for photos in horrendous jackets to advertise boohooman 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think we need to see his dirty, leg sweeping side side this tournament. We seem to be the only team full of gentleman. We could do with some people that have will to win at any cost like Sergio Ramos.

Could you imagine Argentina or Brazil leaving someone out because they've got the same disciplinary record as Shelvey? We're too PC.

26 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Yeah if he does Stan will run naked across Trafalgar square 

Didn't Stan injure his leg? It'd be more of a hobble naked across Trafalgar square.

Just now, Spike said:

Didn't Stan injure his leg? It'd be more of a hobble naked across Trafalgar square.

In that case the video would be too long. Haven’t got the patience required even naked. 

2 hours ago, Dan said:

Could you imagine Argentina or Brazil leaving someone out because they've got the same disciplinary record as Shelvey? We're too PC.

Could you imagine them taking Shelvey? 

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

What does this even mean, we left out Shelvey to be politically correct?

17 hours ago, Danny said:

Could you imagine them taking Shelvey? 

For his level of ability I doubt it (although their midfield is pretty average), but for his discipline? They wouldn't be bothered I don't think if they thought he'd deliver on the pitch.

Maybe PC wasn't the phrase I was looking for but I think we're too scared of players with baggage.

Archived