talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jan Oblak - Chelsea looking to activate €100m buy-out clause

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

So if this were true, that would be close to 300 million spent in two seasons, almost 190 million this season (with rumors of Fekir and another CB still to come) 

Yet if Liverpool don't win anything, Klopp isn't under pressure? :what:

That’s because they don’t have a process :ph34r:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Would he want to leave? Atletico can compete for all the same honours as Liverpool.

That's probably why it will take such a lucrative deal you make the move happen. Financially there would need to be enough in it for him to justify the relocation and other inconveniences. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

That's probably why it will take such a lucrative deal you make the move happen. Financially there would need to be enough in it for him to justify the relocation and other inconveniences. 

I think they can offer him anything Liverpool can financially too mate.  I mean, they're offering Griezmann €25m a season to stay! O.o. Even Barça haven't offered him anywhere near that to move!

Its all about if Oblak feels he requires the move to a new league and if Atlético Madrid think they can earn money in the deal and capture what they think is an equivalent as a replacement. They're (Atlti) strange in that aspect and they have been proved right many times before!  The only issue Atlético Madrid have right now in this sense is the impression they give to their own fans in terms of what I wrote further up and if Griezmann also leaves which the club really doesn't want to happen because he is practically impossible to replace.

31 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

"Other clubs can go out and spend more money and collect top players. I want to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I could spend that money”.

No different than anyone else Jurgen. Hang your head in shame.

It is a bit different given Liverpool made profits in the transfer market in Klopp's first two full seasons in charge

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

"Other clubs can go out and spend more money and collect top players. I want to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I could spend that money”.

Who knows what we'll end up doing mate.

Maybe this is leverage to buy someone else. Maybe this while story is 100% media fabrication and never even happened at all....

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

It is a bit different given Liverpool made profits in the transfer market in Klopp's first two full seasons in charge

And? We’re talking about spending, as in the fee being paid. Income comes from commercial and selling. Teams can’t be berated for spending £89million of commercial revenue, but it’s ok if players have been sold to fund a purchase. The price is the price and Klopp was saying prices are silly and he’d do it differently, even if he had the money. He’s got the money and he’s doing it no differently than any other team by breaking a world transfer fee for a keeper. 

Not saying it’s wrong, just don’t act holier than thou when you’re the same as everyone else when it comes to transfer fees paid.

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

And? We’re talking about spending, as in the fee being paid. Income comes from commercial and selling. Teams can’t be berated for spending £89million of commercial revenue, but it’s ok if players have been sold to fund a purchase. The price is the price and Klopp was saying prices are silly and he’d do it differently, even if he had the money. He’s got the money and he’s doing it no differently than any other team by breaking a world transfer fee for a keeper. 

Not saying it’s wrong, just don’t act holier than thou when you’re the same as everyone else when it comes to transfer fees paid.

When is that quote from? I assume he was talking about the oil money clubs but I could be wrong. Either way, I think it's fair to say last summer has completely distorted everything in the transfer market.

You're also making this assumption he's going to break the bank for Oblak based on nothing more than unreliable newspaper reports!

7 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Are we meant to sit idly by while Man United spend 15 times a small nation's GDP on Pogba and Lukaku? Or while Man City do the same thing, but for players that are actually good?

On 04/06/2018 at 12:53, LFCMike said:

When is that quote from? I assume he was talking about the oil money clubs but I could be wrong. Either way, I think it's fair to say last summer has completely distorted everything in the transfer market.

You're also making this assumption he's going to break the bank for Oblak based on nothing more than unreliable newspaper reports!

On 04/06/2018 at 16:10, Dr. Gonzo said:

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Are we meant to sit idly by while Man United spend 15 times a small nation's GDP on Pogba and Lukaku? Or while Man City do the same thing, but for players that are actually good?

It’s was the Pogba deal. As I’ve said, no shame in spending money when/if you’ve got it to spend. Again, my point entirely was that he claimed he’s different and even with money available, he’d do it different. He’s no different than any of the daft cunts in football throwing round millions on players that just aren’t worth it.

5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

It’s was the Pogba deal. As I’ve said, no shame in spending money when/if you’ve got it to spend. Again, my point entirely was that he claimed he’s different and even with money available, he’d do it different. He’s no different than any of the daft cunts in football throwing round millions on players that just aren’t worth it.

Klopp signs players for big money when they are good. Mourinho spends big money on players that are old or can dab. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Klopp signs players for big money when they are good. Mourinho spends big money on players that are old or can dab. 

Still big money, still spending it when he said he wouldn’t. All hypothetical of course, you still haven’t signed him yet. Just accept Klopp is the same as other managers and stop making exscuses. 

Isn't "if you can't beat em, join em" saying he's a hypocrite though? Because he couldn't do it his way so now we're going to spend lots of money to try to do it the shite way that kills the sport.

Liverpool (and the other top 6 clubs) are also trying to make it so the oversees TV money goes proportionately to what clubs are watched the most. So clearly, we're trying to take away from the relatively equal share of profits in the league and stratify the top clubs at the top - thus guaranteeing we get more money... which will give us more money to spend. And make smaller clubs desperate.

I'm not particularly thrilled by that, tbh. It's going to make the league less interesting if it happens. And yeah, it's going to mean that we're going to do more big spending.

10 minutes ago, Spike said:

I love it when football fans argue when it's moral to spend hundreds and millions on transfers.

Especially when it fucks up the market and you end up buying Danny fucking Drinkwater for 35 million. 

35 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Apparently Liverpool are the same as Man City and Man Utd in the transfer market so maybe, who knows?

If (and it’s a big if) you spend a world record fee on a goalkeeper, what’s the difference? Genuinely? Liverpool would spend just as much as City, United, Chelsea etc if they had the income (or a rich sugar daddy). With the new stand, TV revenue and ever growing sponsorship deals for shirt sleeves and ankle socks, you’ll be spending the big bucks. Your purchase of VVD was the beginning, not a one off. Purchasing players for world record fees is going to put you in the same bracket whether you like it or not.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived