talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jan Oblak - Chelsea looking to activate €100m buy-out clause

• The title was changed to Jan Oblak - Liverpool Make £89m Bid for Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

What do you expect from a team that's desperate for success? 

I mean yeah we're obviously going to spend a lot, we've got a budget of £200m. But that's a big chunk on one player.

On the one hand, we need a quality keeper because not having one is obviously a major weakness. And good keepers win matches and get points to pull us up the table.

On the other hand we need quality in depth too. We were lucky in the past season with the health of our front 3, not every season we will have them avoid serious injury for most of the season. And our options off the bench for any of them are poor.

Between Allison & Oblak the price is very high. And while we need a keeper, I also think we need to address our depth. But I suppose if we're going to sign a keeper we should be aiming for players like Allison and Oblak, that are developed but still young and developing and are proven at a high level already.

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

£89m for a goalie???

The premiership really has lost the plot if this is true.

The money is ridiculous but what does the position matter? Either of the two we're heavily linked with are going to cost in excess of 60 million and if that's what it takes to get a top keeper then so be it. A top keeper improves this side significantly

Oh my god I will cum rivers. 

We keep saying "oh that's a lot" but let's be honest, 80m is the new 30m. It's basically the starting price for the top top top players in their position, which Oblak most certainly is. 

If we get this over the line it would be immense. 

4 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

Oh my god I will cum rivers. 

We keep saying "oh that's a lot" but let's be honest, 80m is the new 30m. It's basically the starting price for the top top top players in their position, which Oblak most certainly is. 

If we get this over the line it would be immense. 

Precisely. I don't understand the shock at the price, we are well into the new market price levels.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That's a lot of fucking money.

The same was said for VVD and look how that turned out. Its not like we're shopping for a player with just one good season either and if that's the price we have to pay for him I say pay it and be done with it. A good GK at the back can substitute for so many problems defenders have in communication and couple that with a solid CB pairing and things start to look a lot better. I only question why Atleti would even entertain such an offer, figured he was part of the furniture there.

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That's a lot of fucking money.

I agree with @Mel81x. Oblak is 25, I think you should go for him. It´s expensive now but he can give you a decade of excellency and stability at the position. Juventus payed 52 million euros for Buffon back then and today nobody remembers or cares about the price. 

United broke a British transfer record for De Gea and that was 6 years ago long before he was a proven player. Jan Oblak is rated as one of the best keepers in the world and with the current market this sort of fee is expected, this is what it costs to buy a world class player, especially if you're English.

I think someone like Oblak is exactly what Liverpool need, a world class keeper saves you 10 points a season is what the saying used to be, but look at how much worse United would have been this and last season if not for De Gea.

7 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Liverpool is panicking trying to keep up with Citeh, United, and Spurs... even with the "best front three" they had a dissapointing season and they know salah will be gone soon..

Getting excited about expensive signings when they had coutinho and salah(will be gone this summer claims my sources) shows how low that lot has fallen 

Get captured.

That would be a massive signing for Liverpool!  Oblak is total class in every aspect and he's worth that money... I have no idea what his buy-out clause is but if it's more than that and the player is willing to go to Liverpool, then Atlético Madrid should make Liverpool pay that amount because he's worth it and proved himself!

Another aspect as to why maybe (because right now nobody knows what will occur) is because in the event of Antoine Griezmann leaving to Barcelona (or wherever) this would mean two MAJOR players departing from a team that's been competing at the highest of levels and the fans would want similar arrivals to replace them and they know that isn't easy and would be very expensive which means getting all the money in possible.

8 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Oblak is not worth that much.... De Gea is the only GK worth that much and I don't think Man utd would be consider that low offer. Don't see Neur leaving so the only other GK worth that much is maybe Money Donnarumma 

He is worth that because he’s one of the current top three keepers in the world and he’s also worth whatever Atlético Madrid say he’s worth. What’s for sure is that Donnarumma isn’t in that batch and has Infact lowered his rating after this season with below par performances compared to the previous campaign. But he also wouldn’t be cheap!

I’d rather have Oblak to Donnarumma a million times over. 

9 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Oblak is not worth that much.... De Gea is the only GK worth that much and I don't think Man utd would be consider that low offer. Don't see Neur leaving so the only other GK worth that much is maybe Money Donnarumma 

Donnarumma had a poor season. Perhaps the Raiola circus got in his head and I think he´ll be very good, but he still has a lot to learn. If Liverpool wants a sure thing in the goal for the present, Oblak is the best option. He´s better than Alisson as well.

1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

Donnarumma had a poor season. Perhaps the Raiola circus got in his head and I think he´ll be very good, but he still has a lot to learn. If Liverpool wants a sure thing in the goal for the present, Oblak is the best option. He´s better than Alisson as well.

Alisson is also miles above Donnarumma right now as is Ederson for me. 

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He is worth that because he’s one of the current top three keepers in the world and he’s also worth whatever Atlético Madrid say he’s worth. What’s for sure is that Donnarumma isn’t in that batch and has Infact lowered his rating after this season with below par performances compared to the previous campaign. But he also wouldn’t be cheap!

I’d rather have Oblak to Donnarumma a million times over. 

Mate you're arguing with someone who supports Real Madrid, Man Utd and Jose Mourinho. Don't waste your time 😂

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Alisson is also miles above Donnarumma right now as is Ederson for me. 

In my opinion, Alisson right now is certainly better than Donnarumma. Alisson and Handanovic are the best goalkeepers in Italy. I still prefer Donnarumma over Éderson though. 

About Donna, if he doesn´t watch out, Perin will take his place as the starting goalkeeper for Italy.

So if this were true, that would be close to 300 million spent in two seasons, almost 190 million this season (with rumors of Fekir and another CB still to come) 

Yet if Liverpool don't win anything, Klopp isn't under pressure? :what:

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived