talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Davy Klaassen - Werder Bremen Complete Signing

Besiktas are interested in signing Everton midfielder Davy Klaassen, Sky sources understand.

The Turkish club are understood to want Klaassen on an initial loan deal.

The former Ajax captain has struggled to get regular games at Everton since his £23.6m move last June.

• The title was changed to Davy Klaassen - Besiktas Interested
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

He seems as though he wants to stay and fight for his place. He declined a move to Napoli on loan in January and has declined a move to Besiktas this window. 

I'd like him to stay, but for the right price I think Silva may move him along.

Hmm, so it doesn't sound like it's completely impossible, maybe a loan + an option to buy?... Our Director of Sports didn't want to comment, so I guess it's not a completely made up story, haha.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

I doubt we would allow him to leave on loan as we will want confirmation that we can get back some of the money we paid.

I don't think you will have to pay an astronomical fee mind.

Ha, as if we could afford paying an astronomical fee xD I'm not even sure we can meet his wage requirements.

Media sources close to the club are reporting that Everton would be willing to let him go for about half of what you paid for him, hence the 13-14m figure... Looks like he could be a good replacement for Delaney, as we sold him to BVB for 20m just before the World Cup.

• Subscriber

We have allegedly agreed terms with Everton already, and they are willing to let Klaassen go for 15m € (12m now, 3m in installments). Waiting for the player's decision now. 

That would be our record transfer...

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, nudge said:

We have allegedly agreed terms with Everton already, and they are willing to let Klaassen go for 15m € (12m now, 3m in installments). Waiting for the player's decision now. 

That would be our record transfer...

Heard conflicting reports but he's on something between 80k and 100k a week. I'm guessing you lot wouldn't be paying that much?

I like him, it's a shame how things have gone here and I'd like to see him stay and succeed. However if giving him a chance comes at the expense of Dowell or other young attacking midfielders getting opportunities then it wouldn't be my choice.

In the end we've got some of our money back for him. Unless he's willing to take a flat out pay cut (which he might do as apparently his attitude is spot on but he's also a footballer with an agent so probably not) we will still pay part of his wages probably for another season but at least it's a partial reduction on the wage bill.

Hope he does well if this goes through.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Heard conflicting reports but he's on something between 80k and 100k a week. I'm guessing you lot wouldn't be paying that much?

I like him, it's a shame how things have gone here and I'd like to see him stay and succeed. However if giving him a chance comes at the expense of Dowell or other young attacking midfielders getting opportunities then it wouldn't be my choice.

In the end we've got some of our money back for him. Unless he's willing to take a flat out pay cut (which he might do as apparently his attitude is spot on but he's also a footballer with an agent so probably not) we will still pay part of his wages probably for another season but at least it's a partial reduction on the wage bill.

Hope he does well if this goes through.

No, we surely won't be paying that much, according to the latest reports we've offered him 3.5m annual salary, so I wouldn't be surprised if he rejected the offer, or if he waited for a better one to come. He has the same agent as one of our players (Moisander), so maybe that could be helpful. Not sure we can pull this off, but it would be great to sign someone of his caliber again. He'd surely use us as a stepping stone haha, but we need players like that to get back to European competitions, so could be a good thing for both sides.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, nudge said:

No, we surely won't be paying that much, according to the latest reports we've offered him 3.5m annual salary, so I wouldn't be surprised if he rejected the offer, or if he waited for a better one to come. He has the same agent as one of our players (Moisander), so maybe that could be helpful. Not sure we can pull this off, but it would be great to sign someone of his caliber again. He'd surely use us as a stepping stone haha, but we need players like that to get back to European competitions, so could be a good thing for both sides.

3.5m a year comes to about 70,000 a week so not far off.

I think he's a quality player waiting to happen. Would be a good signing for you I'm sure.

• The title was changed to Davy Klaassen - Werder Bremen Interested

Bought for £24m, one poor season, then sold for £12m. A bit of a fail from Everton.

I do think Everton could've given him more time though rather than thinking they need to cut their losses to be honest.

• The title was changed to Davy Klaassen - Werder Bremen Complete Signing

This is such tremendous business for Bremen. I don’t think they could have used the Delaney money any more intelligently tbh. Solid player looking for a different path to redemption and a return to confidence , and Bremen get a very good player who should feel immediately comfortable. 

Enjoyed the Bielefeld goal, that was just lovely team football there.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Chadwell said:

This is such tremendous business for Bremen. I don’t think they could have used the Delaney money any more intelligently tbh. Solid player looking for a different path to redemption and a return to confidence , and Bremen get a very good player who should feel immediately comfortable. 

Enjoyed the Bielefeld goal, that was just lovely team football there.

12 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Given the transfer outlay I'm quite looking forward to seeing how he copes with the expectation in a league he's unfamiliar with.

He should be very familiar with the Bundesliga, a lot of Dutch players go to Germany to play football and most do pretty well. 

Archived