talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

@nudge 

What do you know about Tokelau? I'm thinking about a late 2019 or early 2020 trip and one idea is Fiji - Samoa with a visit to Tokelau in the meantime. I can't find a whole ton of information on it.

My other options: Antarctica or around the world (at some point)

Just now, Cannabis said:

Do you work?

I start a new job as of next year paid in euros. Right now I'm doing a voluntary job for a press that I'm good friends with, but I don't get paid. As of next year I will.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Blue said:

@nudge 

What do you know about Tokelau? I'm thinking about a late 2019 or early 2020 trip and one idea is Fiji - Samoa with a visit to Tokelau in the meantime. I can't find a whole ton of information on it.

My other options: Antarctica or around the world (at some point)

Nothing much really xD I've heard the name, but other than that, it's just another Polynesian island group to me... 

52 minutes ago, nudge said:

Nothing much really xD I've heard the name, but other than that, it's just another Polynesian island group to me... 

Damnit, it appears the best way to get there is via ferry from Samoa. I have no idea which one though! xD

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Blue said:

Damnit, it appears the best way to get there is via ferry from Samoa. I have no idea which one though! xD

Well there is only one (called MV Mataliki and run by the government), apparently xD Runs from Apia every two weeks,  the trip takes about 24-36 hours each way and the tourists are only taken if there's enough space as priority is given to locals. Apparently one needs a travel permit too!

35 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

How's the injury mate? All back to normal now?

Yeah mate, I still can't properly bend one of the fingers, but it's getting there on its own, doesn't bother me or hurt.

it'll always be deformed but it will eventually function as normal I'd have thought. Interior demolition jobs are dangerous though, people always get hurt. It's a bit of fun smashing fuck out of shit but there are risks. It's not a job I usually do to be honest and was a temporary thing at the time before getting into a job(that I'm in now) that I had lined up.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

Just now, Toinho said:

What NZ tips do you have for me mate? Only doing South Island. Can’t remember if you mentioned anything in here. 

I have only been Queenstown, but Milford Sound and even Stewart Island can be easily done. I didn't do the latter as I called it off last minute. Also make sure you stop by some ice bars. Lovely time, even if it's only for 30 minutes!

I don't remember a whole lot of the tour names to be honest as they were booked on the go but the town I can tell you a lot about. I even have some photos if you want to see. It is all walking distance.

I have more knowledge about North Island, as I spent 2 weeks there.

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Gone passed a few of your cafés so you should be fine for a few. :D

The only problem is, I have checked the weather and it's set for heavy showers and strong gale forced winds all weekend xD. I'm not exactly going for the sun or beaches, although due to Amsterdam being one of those cities where it isn't wise to get taxis/drive a rented car, it means doing quite a lot of walking from 1 place to the next. But oh well, fuck it, it'll still be class.

What's your reason for going there other than to hit the red lights to get your 20 minutes for 50 euros? :ph34r:

Edited by The Rebel CRS

15 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

The only problem is, I have checked the weather and it's set for heavy showers and strong gale forced winds all weekend xD. I'm not exactly going for the sun or beaches, although due to Amsterdam being one of those cities where it isn't wise to get taxis/drive a rented car, it means doing quite a lot of walking from 1 place to the next. But oh well, fuck it, it'll still be class.

What's your reason for going there other than to hit the red lights to get your 20 minutes for 50 euros? :ph34r:

The weather's not been great for the duration I've been here but it's not been terrible.

As for why I've been here, it's to hit the red lights to get my 20 minutes for 50 euros my first time here so it's mainly the usual tourist spots such as the Van Gogh museum. Obviously checking out the red light district, had a few peep shows and checked the sex museum but nothing huge.

If needs be, you can get transport cards that give unlimited transport for buses, metro's and trams for a set amount of hours if that helps (especially as you're there for a couple of days).

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

The weather's not been great for the duration I've been here but it's not been terrible.

As for why I've been here, it's to hit the red lights to get my 20 minutes for 50 euros my first time here so it's mainly the usual tourist spots such as the Van Gogh museum. Nothing fancy other than obviously checking out the red light district and a few peep shows.

If needs be, you can get transport cards that give unlimited transport for buses, metro's and trams for a set amount of hours if that helps (especially as you're there for a couple of days).

Well I've worked out that the Anne Frank House is 2.5 mile from the hotel so I think it might be ideal just to get an uber to there and then mooch around from there. If you get taxis directly to other places(which aren't even far from the Anne Frank house), they can take you on long routes. But getting one of those transport cards would defo make sense.

I'd get a bicycle myself if the weather was decent. It would be ideal if it was like today here. It was cold as fuck, but sunny, fresh and felt like a nice winter day. It would be spot on if it was like that, as they have some nice parks and stuff like that to visit there as well.

55 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Well I've worked out that the Anne Frank House is 2.5 mile from the hotel so I think it might be ideal just to get an uber to there and then mooch around from there. If you get taxis directly to other places(which aren't even far from the Anne Frank house), they can take you on long routes. But getting one of those transport cards would defo make sense.

I'd get a bicycle myself if the weather was decent. It would be ideal if it was like today here. It was cold as fuck, but sunny, fresh and felt like a nice winter day. It would be spot on if it was like that, as they have some nice parks and stuff like that to visit there as well.

Which hotel are you staying at, out of curiosity?

3 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Anne Frank House is best done about an hour before close time I reckon. Less people.