talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

• Administrator

Who's going on fucking holiday this year, not just me right? Spill the fucking beans. I paid out nearly £1700.00 for 7 nights at a 5 star hotel in Zakynthos in June for the missus and I (thank you Credit Card for covering that bastard).

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g775851-d1453176-Reviews-The_Lesante_Luxury_Hotel_Spa-Tsilivi_Zakynthos_Ionian_Islands.html

I can't tell you how much I need this holiday as well, work is raping my sanity.

3405087_90_z.jpg

• Administrator

never been on a 'lads' holiday but going on a stag do to Magaluf in May lol. Absolute carnage ensues.

Then going Mykonos in June with the missus. Should be a good summer.

1 hour ago, StanLCFC said:

never been on a 'lads' holiday but going on a stag do to Magaluf in May lol. Absolute carnage ensues.

Then going Mykonos in June with the missus. Should be a good summer.

Haha, forgot I've got a stag in Benidorm in June as well. Going to be carnage.

Went to Dublin last weekend to celebrate over a year with my Girlfriend.

If you are thinking of going to Dublin I do recommend staying in the hotel we stayed in called The Clarence Hotel. It's very spacious, fair priced, it backs on to Temple Bar, they've got a great bar and restaurant, and to top it off it's owned by U2 and they're known to regularly frequent the bar when in The City.

Drinking & Nightlife

Temple Bar is everything you'd want from a drinking street in Ireland. Pubs and Restaurants everywhere. Everybody is overly friendly. Drinking is expensive. Even for someone that lives in London I thought the drinking was expensive. You're looking at on average around six euros ninety for a pint of Guiness. If you go with a female tell her spirits are a no no. They charge you for the vodka and then the drink so they can cost more than nine euros. Despite being a Rugby location watching any sporting event was easy as they're not bounded by the shitty UK laws. Every other pub had the football and the boxing on when it was Saturday.

Tourism

The Guiness Tour was as good as you'd expect. Was pretty surprised you could only have one Guiness with your voucher so you had to choose between pouring your own pint or getting a drink in The Gravity Bar. But they made the tour as good as they possibly could make it. We also visited Trinity College, The Goal, and the shopping centre whilst we were there. Trinity College felt a bit expensive just to effectively look at a scroll but the Victorian Goal was a great visit even if it was a decent walk away from the Temple Bar Street. If you're going away as a couple for more than three days I do recommend the coach tour around Wicklow Mountains. It took a whole day but that was definitely the highlight from the tourism perspective.

I'd definitely recommend going. I'm not really one for sightseeing or walking but Dublin was a great experience full of interesting people and places which made it an enjoyable experience. Just remember what I said about the spirits.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Went to Dublin last weekend to celebrate over a year with my Girlfriend.

If you are thinking of going to Dublin I do recommend staying in the hotel we stayed in called The Clarence Hotel. It's very spacious, fair priced, it backs on to Temple Bar, they've got a great bar and restaurant, and to top it off it's owned by U2 and they're known to regularly frequent the bar when in The City.

Drinking & Nightlife

Temple Bar is everything you'd want from a drinking street in Ireland. Pubs and Restaurants everywhere. Everybody is overly friendly. Drinking is expensive. Even for someone that lives in London I thought the drinking was expensive. You're looking at on average around six euros ninety for a pint of Guiness. If you go with a female tell her spirits are a no no. They charge you for the vodka and then the drink so they can cost more than nine euros. Despite being a Rugby location watching any sporting event was easy as they're not bounded by the shitty UK laws. Every other pub had the football and the boxing on when it was Saturday.

Tourism

The Guiness Tour was as good as you'd expect. Was pretty surprised you could only have one Guiness with your voucher so you had to choose between pouring your own pint or getting a drink in The Gravity Bar. But they made the tour as good as they possibly could make it. We also visited Trinity College, The Goal, and the shopping centre whilst we were there. Trinity College felt a bit expensive just to effectively look at a scroll but the Victorian Goal was a great visit even if it was a decent walk away from the Temple Bar Street. If you're going away as a couple for more than three days I do recommend the coach tour around Wicklow Mountains. It took a whole day but that was definitely the highlight from the tourism perspective.

I'd definitely recommend going. I'm not really one for sightseeing or walking but Dublin was a great experience full of interesting people and places which made it an enjoyable experience. Just remember what I said about the spirits.

Is the possibility of bumping into Bono supposed to be a positive?

I'll probably be visiting Ireland some time this year. My friends are about to move over there to a little town near Waterford. Easyjet don't fly to Ireland so this is the year I'll finally be forced to use Ryanair. Hopefully it's not as bad as I've heard. Can't really go too wrong for £12 Bristol to Dublin though.

I was in Dublin at the start of February and it was fucking amazing. Done all the tourist attractions on the bus tour.

Going to Orlando for two weeks in June as well, first time being in the states. Hired a convertable Mustang as you can't go to America and not hire a Mustang.

• Subscriber

Off to Charleston SC in a couple of weeks to visit the Missus, trying to convince her to do a road trip across the south as it's the one part of the States I haven't really explored 

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Spike said:

I want to go to Italy.

Same. Considering Rome or Milan with the missus next year. Not sure if we should go for a long weekend there or spend about a week there. 

Going to Rome in April with the girlfriend. It's her birthday present but somewhere I want to go as well so it's worked out well. 

Apart from that, I've got nothing else booked up but I'm planning another weekend abroad later in the year and a trip to Europe for Football in September/October. I also quite fancy Cologne again to see FC Köln but I'll see what happens with that. 

football forum

Holiday with Mrs. C is great, thought I'd pop in to see how you cunts are all doing.

Visited Funchal, Madeira yesterday which was lovely and I'm now having a coffee over-looking the yachts in Parma.

Doing my bit for TF and handing out flyers for the forum to the locals in the street. There seems to be genuine interest in seeing Phil's bald head so I'm sure we'll see a few newbies in the coming days, the more the merrier I say.

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Holiday with Mrs. C is great, thought I'd pop in to see how you cunts are all doing.

Visited Funchal, Madeira yesterday which was lovely and I'm now having a coffee over-looking the yachts in Parma.

Doing my bit for TF and handing out flyers for the forum to the locals in the street. There seems to be genuine interest in seeing Phil's bald head so I'm sure we'll see a few newbies in the coming days, the more the merrier I say.

xD hurry up and trigger article 50 Theresa 

football forum
2 minutes ago, Cure said:

I hope Cannabis enjoyed his holiday. Missed him.

Don't be wishing my week away buddy, I'm still on holiday. I'm simply having a coffee in a bar with wi-fi and wanted to see how the place was doing.

What's the latest with Mafia Wars?

5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Don't be wishing my week away buddy, I'm still on holiday. I'm simply having a coffee in a bar with wi-fi and wanted to see how the place was doing.

What's the latest with Mafia Wars?

No mafia have been killed. The Freemasons killed Harvey and Stan - must have a grudge against the admins - and the townies are pointing fingers in all directions. Machado finally came out of the closet as the doctor and was killed off. It's fun. You're still in it whatever you may be.

Been devising my own Mafia Wars for when avatars has finished v3. At least if I'm permitted to run it. Will need a bigger crowd as I need a minimum of thirty players for it to run smoothly with my roles.

Edited by Cure

football forum
2 minutes ago, Cure said:

No mafia have been killed. The Freemasons killed Harvey and Stan - must have a grudge against the admins - and the townies are pointing fingers in all directions. Machado finally came out of the closet as the Doctor and was killed off. It's fun. You're still in it whatever you may be.

Been devising my own Mafia Wars for when avatars has finished v3. At least if I'm permitted to run it. Will need a bigger crowd as I need a minimum of thirty players for it to run smoothly with my roles.

Sounds bollocks xD. Mafia Wars always starts rough and then the Mafia get found, I'll have a flick through the thread and see who smells fishy.

1 minute ago, Storts said:

You're still alive xD

I'm immortal :D