talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

2 hours ago, MUFC said:

Might be going Dubai end of mid-April, is it roasting this time of the year or just right? How is it compared to the summer we just had?

I just googled the temperature in Dubai in April and it’s averaged at 33 - so it’s fucking brutal

• Administrator
8 hours ago, MUFC said:

Might be going Dubai end of mid-April, is it roasting this time of the year or just right? How is it compared to the summer we just had?

I went in July in 2011 and it was about 40 degrees. The hotel we were at bad a rooftop pool which they had to restrict access too because the tiles and flooring was getting too hot xD

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Go have some more amazing Chinese food and wash it down with a few beers ^_^

The beers here don’t have enough alcohol in them unless I get shit like Heineken or Budweiser or other shit I don’t really like to drink - and those aren’t even high alcohol content beers.

Baiju is what we’ve been drinking at our meetings and that’s all good for getting drunk but I’ve got to meet with people for work in the morning so I can’t really get as drunk as I’d need to be to not be pissed off at how this trip is just dragging on and on and on.

The way things have been spaced out for work has just made this all the more unpleasant. It feels like it’s never ending

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, tommy_wafc said:

Don't know if anyone uses instagram on here, but just joined and posted pictures of my travels if anyone wants to follow, I always follow people back.

https://www.instagram.com/michaelt2789/

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Just followed you mate, nice page 👍

Likewise. That picture of the Sydney harbour bridge is lovely.

• Like 1

Anyone been to Croatia before? Thinking about doing a trip somewhere between June and September. 

Ideally I would go to Barcelona then Berlin and finish in Split/islands off Croatia. Let me know if anyone has been to any of these places as I never have.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, EastSixth said:

Anyone been to Croatia before? Thinking about doing a trip somewhere between June and September. 

Ideally I would go to Barcelona then Berlin and finish in Split/islands off Croatia. Let me know if anyone has been to any of these places as I never have.

I've been to Barcelona before and hoping to go again in next couple of years. Last time I went was 2008. 

15 hours ago, EastSixth said:

Berlins cool, lots of things to see and places to go, great transport links in the city as well.

Not been to Barcelona since I was about 4! Hoping to visit a mate living there this year though.

17 hours ago, EastSixth said:

If you're travelling all the way to Europe from the USA then you would have to visit Barcelona, there is so much to do there.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

This has been a great trip so far, I've done loads of exploring and met a lot of top people. Currently in a coffeeshop near rembrandt Square. 

question is, will you remember any of it :ph34r:?

If you get a chance to go to a coffee shop called The Greenhouse Effect, I'd recommend it. 

Also if you get a chance to go to The Grasshopper, let me know. We wanted to go but it was madly busy so gave it a miss.

43 minutes ago, Stan said:

question is, will you remember any of it :ph34r:?

If you get a chance to go to a coffee shop called The Greenhouse Effect, I'd recommend it. 

Also if you get a chance to go to The Grasshopper, let me know. We wanted to go but it was madly busy so gave it a miss.

Grasshopper has shit weed I've heard to be fair mate. I've been to 7 others though, mainly out of the tourist traps where the bud is better. Currently in a bar called lost in Amsterdam where you can smoke bud and drink. I was in here last night as well , definitely go if you're ever in dam. 

4 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Grasshopper has shit weed I've heard to be fair mate. I've been to 7 others though, mainly out of the tourist traps where the bud is better. Currently in a bar called lost in Amsterdam where you can smoke bud and drink. I was in here last night as well , definitely go if you're ever in dam. 

Feel good cafe was my local both times I went to Amsterdam when I was young and dumb.