talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

1 more day and I'm off!

As soon as I'm back from there I'm going to book a Barcelona/Tarragona joint trip for June. I've found a mint hotel that is 4 stars and very cheap for what it is. It's also in a perfect location. I don't care for 4 stars and what not, but for that price it's worth it.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

@nudge so I've almost got my trip to Nunavut set in August. What's awesome is I've hired an Inuk to be my tour guide, and we're going to go 4 days on a boat eating traditional inuit meals and searching for wildlife (not hunting). Basically camping in the arctic. I'm very excited for this!

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

@nudge so I've almost got my trip to Nunavut set in August. What's awesome is I've hired an Inuk to be my tour guide, and we're going to go 4 days on a boat eating traditional inuit meals and searching for wildlife (not hunting). Basically camping in the arctic. I'm very excited for this!

Hope polar bears don't eat you! :D

Nah just kidding, sounds great! A proper adventure in a remote territory unspoiled by tourism. Be sure to take a lot of photos, this is surely not a popular travel destination at all so I'm sure many people would be interested to see and learn more about it. Will be looking forward to the video of your trip :) 

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Hope polar bears don't eat you! :D

Nah just kidding, sounds great! A proper adventure in a remote territory unspoiled by tourism. Be sure to take a lot of photos, this is surely not a popular travel destination at all so I'm sure many people would be interested to see and learn more about it. Will be looking forward to the video of your trip :) 

I can certainly understand why Europeans don't look into going there, but Canadians should really visit it more. It's a fascinating area of the world.

I will record it of course and I'll let you know once it's out!

• Subscriber
Just now, Grizzly21 said:

I can certainly understand why Europeans don't look into going there, but Canadians should really visit it more. It's a fascinating area of the world.

I will record it of course and I'll let you know once it's out!

Yeah the combined cost of airfares alone would be an overkill for a normal European traveller's budget I think...  

Just now, nudge said:

Yeah the combined cost of airfares alone would be an overkill for a normal European traveller's budget I think...  

It's a real shame in my opinion. Tromso and Alta are not quite the same. I'm sure they are stunning and you can still view Northern Lights as well as Polar Bears, but they are more European civilizations. Nunavut (as well as north Alaska) are very traditional. Eskimo culture if you will.

Igloos, hunting, fishing, etc. It's also colder in this part of the world. Tromso for arctic standards is actually quite warm.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Grizzly21 said:

It's a real shame in my opinion. Tromso and Alta are not quite the same. I'm sure they are stunning and you can still view Northern Lights as well as Polar Bears, but they are more European civilizations. Nunavut (as well as north Alaska) are very traditional. Eskimo culture if you will.

Igloos, hunting, fishing, etc. It's also colder in this part of the world. Tromso for arctic standards is actually quite warm.

I typed a long reply and then the site crashed :dam:Can't be bothered to type it all again but basically Russia is another option (especially for Europeans) for stunning arctic territories with traditional nomadic (or formerly-nomadic) ethnic group cultures. But most Europeans are usually not too keen on travelling to Russia - nevermind its arctic regions...

I wanted to go on a trip to Kamchatka with my dad a few years ago. While it's sub-arctic so not the same I think it's still very fascinating and would have been a great introduction to the region. Sadly that trip never materialised...

On previous holidays have never worn sun cream, but will need it for Dubai. Which do you reckon? During the day its 35 sometimes hits 40 and at night its 25. Somebody said factor 50, is the spray good as the cream?

On 02/04/2019 at 11:43, nudge said:

I typed a long reply and then the site crashed :dam:Can't be bothered to type it all again but basically Russia is another option (especially for Europeans) for stunning arctic territories with traditional nomadic (or formerly-nomadic) ethnic group cultures. But most Europeans are usually not too keen on travelling to Russia - nevermind its arctic regions...

I wanted to go on a trip to Kamchatka with my dad a few years ago. While it's sub-arctic so not the same I think it's still very fascinating and would have been a great introduction to the region. Sadly that trip never materialised...

I think most of that is in the Asia region, but yes I have heard Russia is similar to the Canadian arctic.

8 hours ago, MUFC said:

On previous holidays have never worn sun cream, but will need it for Dubai. Which do you reckon? During the day its 35 sometimes hits 40 and at night its 25. Somebody said factor 50, is the spray good as the cream?

anyone?

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, MUFC said:

Factor 50 is good. I live in a region with similar temperatures and only use sunscreen if I spend the day at the beach; but it's definitely a good idea if you're outdoors for a while in general. Never used spray but don't think there would be much of a difference...

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Factor 50 is good. I live in a region with similar temperatures and only use sunscreen if I spend the day at the beach; but it's definitely a good idea if you're outdoors for a while in general. Never used spray but don't think there would be much of a difference...

Cheers buddy, if you ever need sun cream rubbing in on a beach let us know.

Only joking.

• Haha 1