talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

Getting my trips this year into gear.

Arequipa will be my Peruvian goodbye trip. I haven't decided on this one yet though, as I'm spending a shit ton on my next trip later this year, so it really depends if I can go for this.

Iqaluit in Nunavut is my big trip this year, very close to the arctic circle but with a proper arctic feel. This one is basically confirmed, just getting the tours.

Winnipeg in Manitoba, very short trip which I'm only doing for a CanPL away trip. Valour vs York 9.

Another example of why we on the German site have great respect for nudge - her choices are always awesome (including Bremen9_9) and that holiday looks great but not for wrinklies like me - my travel agent (missus) has booked us in August to try out Montreal before crossing on to the St Lawrence and cruising past Newfoundland and down the US East coats to NYC before a few days with No 1 daughter in NC and hopefully a meet up with Chadwell. Would be great to see her piccies when she returns and as for thinking nudge is a guy - people who thought that have probable been eaten raw before now!!!

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Another example of why we on the German site have great respect for nudge - her choices are always awesome (including Bremen9_9) and that holiday looks great but not for wrinklies like me - my travel agent (missus) has booked us in August to try out Montreal before crossing on to the St Lawrence and cruising past Newfoundland and down the US East coats to NYC before a few days with No 1 daughter in NC and hopefully a meet up with Chadwell. Would be great to see her piccies when she returns and as for thinking nudge is a guy - people who thought that have probable been eaten raw before now!!!

Thanks for the kind words but I think there's some mix up as I'm most definitely not going on any awesome holidays this year xD Just going back to Europe for a few months.

• Administrator

Amsterdam and Rotterdam booked for mid-August. 

Last time I went Amsterdam was in Feb 2016 and it was cold as fuck, snowing, raining, windy. Totally shite and ruined the trip (until you get high). So hopefully going in mid-August will be much better.

Only cost £170 including flights and accomodation for 3 nights.

@The Rebel CRS :D 

27 minutes ago, Stan said:

Amsterdam and Rotterdam booked for mid-August. 

Last time I went Amsterdam was in Feb 2016 and it was cold as fuck, snowing, raining, windy. Totally shite and ruined the trip (until you get high). So hopefully going in mid-August will be much better.

Only cost £170 including flights and accomodation for 3 nights.

@The Rebel CRS :D 

I've been ill since I got back, well not as much now but Saturday-Monday was terrible.

I came down with something the day after I got back, it was horrible xD. The trip itself was as brilliant as ever though and I will be back there again at some point, just not yet as it's Barcelona/Tarragona next and a week fishing down south at the end of August.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I've been ill since I got back, well not as much now but Saturday-Monday was terrible.

I came down with something the day after I got back, it was horrible xD. The trip itself was as brilliant as ever though and I will be back there again at some point, just not yet as it's Barcelona/Tarragona next and a week fishing down south at the end of August.

Very nice. One of my mates I'm going with has been there 7 times already xD 

Going Valencia in September too :D 

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Toinho said:

Still jealous at how close you lot are to Europe. 

Japan on Sunday. Not sure if I’ve mentioned it but I’ve not been before. Taking the gf. 

It is really handy to be fair. 

There's a guy on here who's been Japan loads of times. He might as well be Japanese. You might wanna talk to him :ph34r:

Was in Valencia the other month for Las Fallas, 2nd time in that city. It's very nice, the best thing is the park that runs through the city which used to be a river. Basically sums up the Spanish lifestyle. Great city, not in my top three for Spanish places but very good nonetheless. 

• Administrator
4 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

Was in Valencia the other month for Las Fallas, 2nd time in that city. It's very nice, the best thing is the park that runs through the city which used to be a river. Basically sums up the Spanish lifestyle. Great city, not in my top three for Spanish places but very good nonetheless. 

Nice, yeah have seen that winding park through the city. 

Got any other recommendations on places to visits, eat and drink etc? 

15 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

It'll be Catalunya where I will be heading next.

@Stan Try Coffeeshop New Times when you go there. Their service was unreal and the hash they recommended me was nice as fuck. The Plug is also a good stop for Cali weed, which is very nice, but very expensive.

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

It'll be Catalunya where I will be heading next.

@Stan Try Coffeeshop New Times when you go there. Their service was unreal and the hash they recommended me was nice as fuck. The Plug is also a good stop for Cali weed, which is very nice, but very expensive.

Yeah my mate usually heads to Gray Area (?) to get it as it's not too expensive. 

Cheers. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah my mate usually heads to Gray Area (?) to get it as it's not too expensive. 

Cheers. 

For cheap and good weed Grey Area and especially Boerenjongens(they have about 4 shops) are the better spots. Also Coffeeshop Solo, which is out of the way of the tourist traps and has a more local Dutch feel to it.

As for bars, Hunter's and Stones Cafe are excellent and very chilled spots where you can expect great service. Can't forget Lost in Amsterdam either, I always end up there at some point.

Due to the time of the year the boat tours would be worth doing as well.

Ahh I want to book it again now xD

Edited by The Rebel CRS

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

For cheap and good weed Grey Area and especially Boerenjongens(they have about 4 shops) are the better spots. Also Coffeeshop Solo, which is out of the way of the tourist traps and has a more local Dutch feel to it.

As for bars, Hunter's and Stones Cafe are excellent and very chilled spots where you can expect great service. Can't forget Lost in Amsterdam either, I always end up there at some point.

Due to the time of the year the boat tours would be worth doing as well.

Ahh I want to book it again now xD

Haha I did a boat tour as part of our Heineken tour last time I went. And went to a place called The Greenhous Effect which was very good. 

Didn't get to go to Anne Frank museum last time so may go this time. Think I went to Lost in Amsterdam as well. So busy so we had to go st different times to actually get in and get seats cos we wanted to stay there a while.