talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

21 minutes ago, Stan said:

Haha I did a boat tour as part of our Heineken tour last time I went. And went to a place called The Greenhous Effect which was very good. 

Didn't get to go to Anne Frank museum last time so may go this time. Think I went to Lost in Amsterdam as well. So busy so we had to go st different times to actually get in and get seats cos we wanted to stay there a while. 

You will have to book tickets in advance as it always seems very busy, which is the only reason why I've never been in.

You definitely aren't spoilt for choice when it comes to museums either way.

The street performers around Dam square were brilliant through the day last week.

I was in Lost in Amsterdam on my first night and some random Russian fella started showing me his art work on his phone off his facebook page, as he designed a lot of tattoos and alsorts. He had some talent, although clearly influence heavily by psychedelic drugs xD. I in fact saw him in a few different places. He was one of those people who you just seemed to see fucking everywhere. He was as mad as a character as you'll meet, although not in a negative sense.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

On the way home in the airport they told me I could go through the non-eu and Switzerland section when going through passport control. Just as well, as there was literally nobody there, while the EU one was jam packed. I asked for a stamp on my passport(which took some doing as they were refusing like wankers) and the fella even took offence and asked me if it was because of Brexit. I only simply wanted a stamp as you never get them but believe it would be nice to have some in your passport of cities/countries you have visited. They wouldn't give me one at all in Feb, very cuntish of them. I only wanted 1 single stamp as a one off, that's all.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

51 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

On the way home in the airport they told me I could go through the non-eu and Switzerland section when going through passport control. Just as well, as there was literally nobody there, while the EU one was jam packed. I asked for a stamp on my passport(which took some doing as they were refusing like wankers) and the fella even took offence and asked me if it was because of Brexit. I only simply wanted a stamp as you never get them but believe it would be nice to have some in your passport of cities/countries you have visited. They wouldn't give me one at all in Feb, very cuntish of them. I only wanted 1 single stamp as a one off, that's all.

I haven’t had mine stamped for quite a while or I’ll try use the auto gate thing. I like seeing the stamps. 

• Subscriber
58 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

5 minutes ago, Toinho said:

I haven’t had mine stamped for quite a while or I’ll try use the auto gate thing. I like seeing the stamps. 

Quite the opposite for me. I wish they wouldn't stamp mine as it's almost full with stamps and visas meaning I'll have to get a new passport soon xD 

10 hours ago, nudge said:

Quite the opposite for me. I wish they wouldn't stamp mine as it's almost full with stamps and visas meaning I'll have to get a new passport soon xD 

Haha think I’ve got maybe 7-8 pages left. Ours seems quite big though. Don’t know if every passport had the same number of pages?

18 hours ago, Toinho said:

I went through the auto gate thing myself, but then you always have 2 people stood outside the plaza with a stamp in their hand.

I'd be surprised if I was to fill it though as there are shit-loads of pages xD

Edited by The Rebel CRS

@Stan I've just been looking at Amsterdam for this weekend, but the hotels and flights are ridiculously priced. It's easter weekend this weekend and I wish I'd have booked somewhere for a few days now. I might look about and just go somewhere completely random. I could get the flight on Friday and come back Sunday, chill out Monday then back to work.

I'm going to look into it now. You can't beat being spontaneous from time to time.

I was thinking of fishing, but it'll be packed as fuck at the lake I go fishing on and it's shit when it's like that. All the bellends will be out and all the campers, etc.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

• Administrator
2 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

@Stan I've just been looking at Amsterdam for this weekend, but the hotels and flights are ridiculously priced. It's easter weekend this weekend and I wish I'd have booked somewhere for a few days now. I might look about and just go somewhere completely random. I could get the flight on Friday and come back Sunday, chill out Monday then back to work.

I'm going to look into it now. You can't beat being spontaneous from time to time.

I was thinking of fishing, but it'll be packed as fuck at the lake I go fishing on and it's shit when it's like that. All the bellends will be out and all the campers, etc.

Yeah we were looking for ages and luckily flights from Luton and back were only something like £60 return and that was bang in middle of summer holidays. 

Guess this weekend being bank holiday as well you're bound to get prices hiked up. 

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah we were looking for ages and luckily flights from Luton and back were only something like £60 return and that was bang in middle of summer holidays. 

Guess this weekend being bank holiday as well you're bound to get prices hiked up. 

If you book it quite a bit in advance then it works out alot cheap. But everything seems to shoot up as it gets closer to the time.

I actually looked at how much flights were a day before I went last time out of interest and it had shot up to 200 quid and that was just one way. I got it dirt cheap 6 weeks earlier for the same flight, probably £70 or so return I think.

• Subscriber

Got to Dubai Tuesday morning, mixing it up. Places to eat, beach, roof-top pool, Dubai Marina (full of rich snobs). Loads of walking during the day, is fucking hot, got nice garden outside the hotel though.

Cruise meal was awesome, some immense sexy women around. Short skirts, cleavage hanging out, and beautiful manicured feet with nice painted toe-nails.

One women on Jumeriah beach was bathing face down without a bra, had to jump in the pool and cool off.

Edited by MUFC
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Am back, Dubai was expensive in December 2015, but now even more due to a lower exchange rate. If you go for around 10 to 14 days, to really enjoy yourself you need to take at least 2 grand.

90% chance I'll return to Croatia later this month. I was there 7 times as a kid, and only once after the Yugoslavian war, in 1997. 

I'll definitely visit Dubrovnik (King's Landing in GoT) :D

• Upvote 1

Currently on a 2 week trip to Majorca, it’s my first time doing Spain “all inclusive” as we’ve got the kids and I have to say I’m embarrassed to be a Brit, we’ve gone 3 star and it shows, the facilities and food are great but it’s wall to wall chavs covered in shit tats and air max with an obesity problem. The Mrs tells me it’s always like this but I’m a virgin to this type of holiday and shocked tbh. Also Glaswegians utterly horrifying, one cunt has UVF inked on his knuckles. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Currently on a 2 week trip to Majorca, it’s my first time doing Spain “all inclusive” as we’ve got the kids and I have to say I’m embarrassed to be a Brit, we’ve gone 3 star and it shows, the facilities and food are great but it’s wall to wall chavs covered in shit tats and air max with an obesity problem. The Mrs tells me it’s always like this but I’m a virgin to this type of holiday and shocked tbh. Also Glaswegians utterly horrifying, one cunt has UVF inked on his knuckles. 

Well that doesn't bode well for my trip there in October xD 

33 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Your missus is right, sounds just like my trip to Majorca as well

11 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Facilities and food are great just the people, also have German chavs to all Bayern fans

Yeah, that's the thing about those all inclusive places. They're great, but yeah... there's something about "typical" holiday destinations like Majorca and those all inclusive resorts, they see so many tourists that they bring in all the chavs out on holiday.

I remember having the same "oh god, it's embarrassing being British" feeling when I was there too. Fuck 'em though, you're on holiday. Enjoy yourself mate, it's time off with your family over the next couple of weeks in an all inclusive resort. Have a good time! Do your best to ignore embarrassing dickheads,  they're not actually a reflection of you (even though it made me think "aw fuck, I hope people don't think I'm like them just because I'm also English") so really they shouldn't embarrass us.

8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, that's the thing about those all inclusive places. They're great, but yeah... there's something about "typical" holiday destinations like Majorca and those all inclusive resorts, they see so many tourists that they bring in all the chavs out on holiday.

I remember having the same "oh god, it's embarrassing being British" feeling when I was there too. Fuck 'em though, you're on holiday. Enjoy yourself mate, it's time off with your family over the next couple of weeks in an all inclusive resort. Have a good time! Do your best to ignore embarrassing dickheads,  they're not actually a reflection of you (even though it made me think "aw fuck, I hope people don't think I'm like them just because I'm also English") so really they shouldn't embarrass us.

Oh I got over it, just took me back the state of it. We have an obesity crisis in the U.K. too massive issue it’s becoming like the states

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Facilities and food are great just the people, also have German chavs to all Bayern fans

Whereabouts on Mallorca are you? It's a beautiful island, with many beautiful family owned Hotels and Hostels, that can even be great if they only have 2 stars. It just depends on the region. 

23 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Dubrovnik is lovely, as is the rest of Croatia. I've just booked to go back there as one of my holidays this year actually. 

I know, I've been to Durovnik several times but last time I was 12. So it will be a different experience now. I'll also visit Mostar again, which is now in Herzigowina I believe. Beautiful, beautiful place. The place my Hotel is at is called Tucepi, at the Makarska Riviera. Beautiful place in itself too. Right along the Biokovo Mountains at the beautiful adriatic sea. Can't wait! :) 

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Considering Liguria for a short late summer holiday. Seeing all this enthusiasm about Croatia now I might just go there instead though xD 

Definitely go in the low season then. Croatia has become very expensive. I remember 30 years ago my parents paid like 1200 Deutschmark for 3 people and 3 a week stay. Now you're lucky if you get a 1 week stay for 2 for that kind of money.