talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Definitely go in the low season then. Croatia has become very expensive. I remember 30 years ago my parents paid like 1200 Deutschmark for 3 people and 3 a week stay. Now you're lucky if you get that for 2 people and 1 week. 

Yeah I've been kind of spoiled with quality of choices here as I can get a deluxe room or even a suite with a whirlpool or a private plunge pool in a 4 star hotel for 50-80$ a night depending on season haha. I've been looking for hotels in Europe for a few nights when I arrive and a similar price gets me a windowless tiny room in a budget hotel with very few amenities lol. Not impressed. 

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

gets me a windowless tiny room in a budget hotel with very few amenities lol. 

Haha, I've had that on Malta. For 11 days. It was such a good deal, like 365 Euros, half board, and as mentioned 11 days. I had 3 beds, a tiny flat screen TV, but a just a tiny window that faced... the inside of the hotel, if that makes sense? I don't know how to call it. I just saw a few pipes and the kitchen staff always had their breaks on the ground. 

That was my view:

rAchjaM.jpg

747Xycj.jpg

I mean, for that kind of money, it was totally okay, but I love myself a good view from a balcony on vacation xD

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Oh I got over it, just took me back the state of it. We have an obesity crisis in the U.K. too massive issue it’s becoming like the states

Yeah my fiancé was shocked that Brits can also be fat fucking slobs like in the US

23 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Dubrovnik is lovely, as is the rest of Croatia. I've just booked to go back there as one of my holidays this year actually. 

Wouldn't stay anything less than four stars for the reasons stated above. Sounds horrendous and not something I'd put myself through.

It’s great facilities & food and there’s nice families to it was just a bit shocking first 48 hours. It’s a 3* waterpark hotel me the Mrs & 2 kids 2 weeks all inclusive was £720 x3 my boy was free. 

It’s ideal in May because mine are under 5 and it’s about 20-25 degrees. They don’t notice it and they’re enjoying themselves. 

@Tommy Cala millor on the east coast 

19 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah my fiancé was shocked that Brits can also be fat fucking slobs like in the US

Costs the NHS millions, body positivity is a crock of shit. It’s being called “fat cunt” that got me down the gym years ago 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Cala millor

Ah okay, I'm on the other side of the island south of Palma and the airport but it also means I'm closer to Magaluf so maybe I will see the same as you xD 

• 2 weeks later...

Any warm destinations that people recommend for January? Excluding Australia and NZ and I have no interest in bali. What’s the south of Europe like that time of year? Cold?

Edited by Toinho

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Any warm destinations that people recommend for January? Excluding Australia and NZ and I have no interest in bali. What’s the south of Europe like that time of year? Cold?

Yeah, around 10-15C degrees. So cold for you. 

• Sad 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Toinho said:

Cuba!

I haven't been but want to.

13 hours ago, Toinho said:

South Africa or Namibia, been to the later and can't praise it enough, very beautiful country.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Toinho said:

Quick search I couldn’t find a flight under $3000 😂

Wow... That's a lot. I just checked for flights from Germany out of interest and found a nice "all inclusive" package with flights + 7 nights in a 4 star hotel in Santa Clara for less than 600€ per person :D 

Tempted.

On 16/05/2019 at 05:40, Toinho said:

I'd say Iqaluit or Nuuk in December-March. I'm actually going to the former but in July. Hear it's a great beach destination.

11 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

South Africa or Namibia, been to the later and can't praise it enough, very beautiful country.

Kinda wanna go to South Africa but hate the accent 😬 Zimbabwe is on my list as I have a mate from there but yeh wanna bring the gf and not sure she’d go to any of them. 

19 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

I'd say Iqaluit or Nuuk in December-March. I'm actually going to the former but in July. Hear it's a great beach destination.

I had to google them! Surely Greenland would be fucking freezing in that time? 

Edited by Toinho

Just now, Toinho said:

I had to google them! 

Iqaluit looks fantastic. Not a warm destination but I'm going during the summer, when there is midnight sun.

16 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Iqaluit looks fantastic. Not a warm destination but I'm going during the summer, when there is midnight sun.

So not what I was after in terms of suggestions but yes perhaps two more places added to the list... 

• 4 weeks later...

1480725243984.jpgLooking into a week away in January to little known overseas Australian territory the Cocos (Keeling) Islands. Very close to Christmas Island. Been to neither. Have a little google of the Cocos (Keeling) Islands! Not a lot of flights out of Perth there nor are they cheap but looks lovely. 

Edited by Toinho