The Holiday Thread

football forum

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/09/2019 at 08:41, Toinho said:

Tinder 

6 hours ago, Stan said:

Didn't know Brian swung that way. 

xD

Man I wish that was an option for me! I suck with it though hahaha.

• Administrator
On 21/09/2019 at 19:11, Lucas said:

Got back from Protaras in Cyprus yesterday.

Probably one of the best holiday's I've ever had.

Mix of chill time, Waterpark, Sailing, Kayaking and a quad bike round the island.

Thoroughly recommend.

20190917_113507.thumb.jpg.9f732887e95a7975c5d9db0c9aea46ab.jpg

Hate when people pose in the water. All I wanna see is the scenery of the deep blue water, the horizon and a bit of the land meeting the sea.

Pfft.

(Great pics mate).

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Stan said:

Hate when people pose in the water. All I wanna see is the scenery of the deep blue water, the horizon and a bit of the land meeting the sea.

Pfft.

(Great pics mate).

Definitely took that picture about 18 times until he got it right I bet as well....

Nah, class pics mate. It makes me want to fuck off there now. Looks lovely.

On another note, Thomas Cook have gone bust leaving 600,000 people stranded on holiday. Wow.

• Subscriber
46 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

On another note, Thomas Cook have gone bust leaving 600,000 people stranded on holiday. Wow.

This is one of the reasons why I never even considered booking holidays with a travel agency. I understand how that business model worked in the past with no internet and lack of available information but nowadays when booking a flight and a hotel has never been easier, why would anyone still use it?...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Definitely took that picture about 18 times until he got it right I bet as well....

Nah, class pics mate. It makes me want to fuck off there now. Looks lovely.

Why don't you get away somewhere like that?

Or do you just prefer the trips back and forth over to Amsterdam instead?

My son and myself visited Athens last month and are thinking of going back for 4 nights at the end of October. We really loved it and would now be more confident in exploring a bit more, and also taking a day trip out to possibly Delphi/Nafplio ( there must be so much to choose from!). BUT! I have also been looking at Thessaloniki, and we could actually get a full week there for the same price as 4 nights in Athens.I have heard that the food in Thessaloniki is amongst the best in Greece, but we would not be interested in "" fine dining "", just good, honest Greek food and drink at reasonable prices. I would like to ask firstly if there are plenty of local tavernas /ouzeries and how do prices compare with the Island resorts? Should I rent a car from service like Thessaloniki Car Rental?
Finally, would there be enough to keep us occupied for a full week (my son is 18, and I`m a wrinkly so there would not be any clubbing involved !). Hahaha
Sorry if this post sounds a bit confused, but I`m! Would really appreciate any advice on what is quite a pleasant dilemma to have!

Edited by Dreamer7

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

Why don't you get away somewhere like that?

Or do you just prefer the trips back and forth over to Amsterdam instead? 

I was going to go to Barcelona and Taragona this summer mate but ended up spending a lot on my fishing trips and bought new rods, reels, etc. I was down in the South east with my mate for a week fishing(which was already planned since last year), did another 3 day session down in the midlands and a bunch up north. But I will go somewhere next year definitely.

There is also still time to do a cheeky 2/3 days somewhere before the end of this year as well. Maybe December.

Reason I've been to Amsterdam 3 times this year(well one of the times was actually last December) is because when I first ever went back in 2007 I never truly got to see the city as I went for sensation white and that was pretty much the whole trip then when I went in December last year with the lads, we just got wrecked and I felt as though I still hadn't truly seen the city properly. This is why I then went back in February and again in April. I thought they were great trips, it was the first time I've been abroad on my own and I got to see literally everything in the city pretty much. I'll go back of course, but since I've been 3 times in the last 9 months, I'm less arsed about returning right now. You spend shitloads in such a short time.

It is the perfect city to travel to if you're going on your own though for me as you meet people so fucking easily and the crime rate is very low. Going away on my own has also set the tone. It's better in some senses than going away with the lads(as there is always one who ruins it) or with a woman(arguments start or you have to mainly do what they want), but on your own it's amazing. It has set the tone now. I'm going to do a few more trips to different cities in Europe then probably fuck off somewhere like Mexico or the USA for a few weeks in the coming years.

I've just bought a parrot though now, so I'll have to work out how I can make sure that is looked after whenever I go away anywhere as they are a big commitment to be fair.

4 hours ago, nudge said:

This is one of the reasons why I never even considered booking holidays with a travel agency. I understand how that business model worked in the past with no internet and lack of available information but nowadays when booking a flight and a hotel has never been easier, why would anyone still use it?...

Yeah when I was a kid and would go away with the parents, they would always use the likes of Thomas Cook, but as you say, that was before the internet was a big thing. You're better off avoiding them nowadays.

The reason they'll have gone bust in the first place is due to these reasons also.

Edited by Carnivore Chris

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, tommy_wafc said:

Just got back from a trip in central Europe, Italy, Slovenia Croatia and Austria.

A few pictures from Slovenia, which is an amazing country.

K8I1Cxu.jpg

IMHVEvq.jpg

CL7kvQm.jpg

7FQxsfQ.jpg

Your pictures are ridiculously good.