talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Devon early last year... It was a present from my eldest and his wife, really nice, weather was great and believe it or not that is the only time me and the missus have been on holiday alone since we have been together... with mostly me being the only one working and 4 kids to feed and clothe and bills coming out of my bumhole we just never really had holidays as a priority which is a shame but there you go... been trying to persuade her that it's time we cut the kids loose and cracked on with things we want to do, we are not getting any younger and if I am going to see the sights and visit places both beautiful and unknown I would prefer to do it without being pushed around in a wheelchair by a carer and having somebody on facebook trying to turn the whole thing in to some good will charity event... 

That last bit makes me think this is what you'll look like xD 

Lou-and-Andy.jpg

3 hours ago, Stan said:

well, looks like that's being added to the list of places to go! Looks great mate @Lucas

3 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Looks really nice @Lucas! I'm like Stan, definitely one to add to the list.

Would love to go somewhere around this time of the year. 

Cheers lads. 

Definitely a nice time of year to get away, especially if you like that wintery Christmas vibe.

It was very cheap too. It makes you realise how much we are ripped off here. Never felt unsafe either walking the streets. 

3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Looks great mate and despite your reservations sounds and looks like it was a good time for you both... I see things like this and really do feel the need to get my arse in gear and get out and about more... 

Everyone's circumstances are different, but if there is nothing stopping you from getting out there, you totally should.

No regrets mate. You work hard enough in life, I'm sure you and Mrs BW deserve it, go and embrace it.

Edited by Lucas

18 hours ago, Lucas said:

My missus surprised me for my birthday with a weekend away. Didn't know the location till I got to the gate and discovered we were going to Sofia.

Not going to lie, I was apprehensive. Don't know why, maybe because it was into the unknown for me. 

Have to say, I was quite wrong to be worried. Really nice city and actually had a lovely time.

So so so cheap as well. Three course meal and drink for two roughly £30. Beer £1.50 in a lot of bars. Just ridiculous prices.

20191130_175632.thumb.jpg.59b8fc90e60fa2d16ab0aff860a470ce.jpg20191202_133913.thumb.jpg.38ab6b3391780a5dc74fa4258433d272.jpgIMG_20191209_194931_852.thumb.jpg.872cc5a029d87ad1df23f6864ef4dd59.jpgIMG_20191209_194931_860.thumb.jpg.40653e61f56a2c551995393c0bd683ae.jpgIMG_20191209_194931_909.thumb.jpg.e4d9fae26e664899a9a3a13f4d5bcfa1.jpgIMG-20191204-WA0069.thumb.jpg.66ebab510c67e6d4e1e782cea97c758c.jpg20191130_170753.thumb.jpg.2e6035648c27444d9920c25a3fbff261.jpgIMG_20191209_194931_903.thumb.jpg.7d8f29ea839573c91457f65e78f09932.jpgIMG-20191204-WA0081.thumb.jpg.ad7a2c69966fe0561015cc509360a9ac.jpgIMG_20191209_194931_918.thumb.jpg.fecb9d166f0bb12694b6824aec3d6a3a.jpgIMG_20191209_194931_850.thumb.jpg.96ea6b21849d5d7ffaf53c2fabeb4cec.jpg20191130_185140.thumb.jpg.05f906bbaf82af0a39ed558adafdf8db.jpg20191130_160138.thumb.jpg.7365c68be49dcb4996d555f2cbe542c1.jpg

Welcome to Eastern Europe mate, where it's cheap, cheerful and where the big cities have a lot of interesting history. Bulgaria is actually the cheapest country in the EU, so it's great value for money. Sofia is an absorbing city, I am not surprised that you had a good time there.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Devon early last year... It was a present from my eldest and his wife, really nice, weather was great and believe it or not that is the only time me and the missus have been on holiday alone since we have been together... with mostly me being the only one working and 4 kids to feed and clothe and bills coming out of my bumhole we just never really had holidays as a priority which is a shame but there you go... been trying to persuade her that it's time we cut the kids loose and cracked on with things we want to do, we are not getting any younger and if I am going to see the sights and visit places both beautiful and unknown I would prefer to do it without being pushed around in a wheelchair by a carer and having somebody on facebook trying to turn the whole thing in to some good will charity event... 

My parents were the same, always wanted to go somewhere but always had to spend money on other things. They left the UK for the first time this year because we (the 6 kids) pretty much forced them to. We all put together to get them passports and pay for a week in Majorca. They were unsure about it, questioned whether it was worth it, said it was a lot of money to spend on something that would be over after a week, but when they got back they wouldn't shut up about it xD they genuinely loved it, they were like excited children at Christmas. It felt like the roles were reversed seeing them like that, they were adorable xD

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2019 at 09:54, Bluewolf said:

Holidays in the South of England are underrated to be honest.

I loved the holidays down South as a kid to the likes of Devon and Cornwall.

I've also had 2 fishing holidays in the South East in the last 2 years and loved them. I always feel like I'm in another country when down there. The South East(minus London) is vastly underrated and has shitloads of natural beauty. The countryside down there is another level to anything I've seen in terms of countryside. The amount of Birds of prey, and wildlife in general, you see down there is unreal. Snakes, Badgers, alsorts.

England(in fact Britain, as Scotland has equally as much about it) isn't as bad as we make it out to be. We have a lot to see here, from medieval architecture, to forests, to the lake district, to amazing countryside. The only downside to this country is that our cities, minus maybe Liverpool, are wank.

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

You know what, fuck Christmas, I just want it out of the way so that the days for Barcelona can start counting down. I'm looking forward to it now.

You're going to Barcelona?! That's so cool. First time?

33 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Holidays in the South of England are underrated to be honest.

I loved the holidays down South as a kid to the likes of Devon and Cornwall.

I've also had 2 fishing holidays in the South East in the last 2 years and loved them. I always feel like I'm in another country when down there. The South East(minus London) is vastly underrated and has shitloads of natural beauty. The countryside down there is another level to anything I've seen in terms of countryside. The amount of Birds of prey, and wildlife in general, you see down there is unreal. Snakes, Badgers, alsorts.

England(in fact Britain, as Scotland has equally as much about it) isn't as bad as we make it out to be. We have a lot to see here, from medieval architecture, to forests, to the lake district, to amazing countryside. The only downside to this country is that our cities, minus maybe Liverpool, are wank.

It was nice scenery, we were staying in lodges and the area was so peaceful and the views superb... Beaches were covered in this reddish sand and plenty to explore.. The hills seemed never ending though when we were out walking around.. xD They had a great zoo and we took a trip on a steam train that included a boat ride and that the scenery on that was fantastic.. weather was lovely, took loads of photos and if I can find them I will stick them up, not sure if they were on my other laptop which is knackered or still on my old phone.. 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

giphy.gif

The big question is,  where should I fuck off to for the "big one"? Mexico? Barbados/Saint Lucia? Jamaica? Uruguay/Argentina? Los Angeles? B| It will be in the Americas somewhere either way. @Berserker, @Teso dos Bichos

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

@Carnivore Chris you going to Barcelona is the new '@Toinho going to Japan'. 

Or the new 'me going to Amsterdam'

• Haha 1

• Administrator
Just now, Carnivore Chris said:

The big question is,  where should I fuck off to for the "big one"? Mexico? Barbados/Saint Lucia? Jamaica? Uruguay/Argentina? Los Angeles? B| It will be in the Americas somewhere either way. @Berserker, @Teso dos Bichos

Or the new 'me going to Amsterdam'

If you want to stick with the Amsterdam-esque theme, Barbados/Jamaica/Caribbean area is probably most in line with that. I want to go on a cruise there in a few years' time.

LA wasn't that great but I did go over 10 years ago - if I went again I'd do all the sports stuff if possible. Next time I go America I want to see some sport - be it baseball, basketball, NFL. The latter is the preference.

On 19/12/2019 at 17:57, Stan said:

If you want to stick with the Amsterdam-esque theme, Barbados/Jamaica/Caribbean area is probably most in line with that. I want to go on a cruise there in a few years' time.

LA wasn't that great but I did go over 10 years ago - if I went again I'd do all the sports stuff if possible. Next time I go America I want to see some sport - be it baseball, basketball, NFL. The latter is the preference.

I actually meant California as I'd probably go to a different part other than LA, as it'll be overpriced and probably overrated in LA itself. I remember going through it with Gonzo on here.

If travelling that far, I suppose going to the Caribbean or South America(well certain countries, as some are too dangerous) would make more sense considering how beautiful it is. The culture also suits me down to the ground. More appealing than the US to me.

On 21/12/2019 at 13:28, carefreeluke said:

@Carnivore Chris get yourself down to Andalucía in the future as well..

I've been to Malaga but that's it for Andalucía.

That is a point though, there is loads of Spain to see so I wouldn't rule out returning there not long after Barcelona, as spring/summer will be approaching then after all. País Vasco would be good as well and also seeing more of the Catalan coast as it's full of amazing places to see. I doubt I will go to any of them on this trip though as there is too much I want to see in Barcelona, that I haven't already, and won't have the time.

4 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I've only just noticed this comment mate xD

I'm surprised you've never been to Europe yet still.

Yeah but once i do perhaps i'll live there for years or at least i'll visit at least once a year and we should make it a tradition to hit Ibiza every time and around this time of the year Chrissy. ;)

On 26/12/2019 at 14:50, Berserker said:

Yeah but once i do perhaps i'll live there for years or at least i'll visit at least once a year and we should make it a tradition to hit Ibiza every time and around this time of the year Chrissy. ;)

Ibiza will be a ghost town at this time of year mate with it being winter. Best time to go there, and the other Islas Baleares, is April-September type of time.

2 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Ibiza will be a ghost town at this time of year mate with it being winter. Best time to go there, and the other Islas Baleares, is April-September type of time.

Lol yeah, forgot for a moment it's winter there, with all the heat here.