talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Well, this is going to make my normal trudge to work in the morning just that little bit more depressing now isn't it...  I have often thought that if I had no responsibilities that I could just mooch off somewhere isolated and mostly untouched and live a life less money orientated... be a simple fisherman or a hut builder maybe... 

If you come to India and want to fish I know a place you can stay for very cheap and just relax. Even the phones dont work properly there which is why I visit it when I go home. No fishing rods though, just nets and catamarans.

6 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Didn't you used to do that prior to the industrial revolution ? :ph34r:

Didn't have the skills back then mate.. it was just up one chimney after another to earn a crust... even in them days all the women loved a cutie like me with my cheeky chappy banter.. 

See the source image

• Haha 3

• Administrator

Other pictures from Madrid. A fine city. 

qyO1UYM.jpg

vJSSUMZ.jpg

AZQOU4T.jpg

uzuKla2.jpg

U9YAAdx.jpg

I'd encourage anyone who ever visits Madrid to go to the Spanish Royal Palace. Absolutely huge and phenomenal place

nzgD4Hi.jpg

PCcYIYZ.jpg

Views from a rooftop bar/restaurant:

cOrFO4x.jpg

ad7s4O8.jpg

Z2n5uSR.jpg

XCuxzUb.jpg

8M4zX2p.jpg

• Upvote 4

On 17/02/2020 at 17:32, Stan said:

Other trips from Madrid. A fine city. 

qyO1UYM.jpg

vJSSUMZ.jpg

AZQOU4T.jpg

uzuKla2.jpg

U9YAAdx.jpg

I'd encourage anyone who ever visits Madrid to go to the Spanish Royal Palace. Absolutely huge and phenomenal place

nzgD4Hi.jpg

PCcYIYZ.jpg

Views from a rooftop bar/restaurant:

cOrFO4x.jpg

ad7s4O8.jpg

Z2n5uSR.jpg

XCuxzUb.jpg

8M4zX2p.jpg

Did you choose to do the Atletico tour over Real? Or just a preference? 

I went to Madrid in 2016. Was decent to be fair.

Probably would plump for Barcelona over the two though, just my opinion though.

11 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Off to Dublin for the first time this weekend. Excited!

Brilliant place. Temple Bar is obviously class. Atmosphere in all the pubs is best I've experienced. No one wants any trouble, just a good time. Live music, can't go wrong.

Good time to go over also as the pubs will be rammed Sunday for the Rugby as it's England v Ireland.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
Just now, Lucas said:

Did you choose to do the Atletico tour over Real? Or just a preference? 

I went to Madrid in 2016. Was decent to be fair.

Probably would plump for Barcelona over the two though, just my opinion though.

Yeah various reasons:

- Done the Bernabeu tour before
- Real were playing at home on Sunday so no tours allowed that day, plus we had other plans Friday/Saturday.
- New stadium I'd never been to so had to pick Wanda - very impressive. 

Barcelona remains one of my favourite European cities but this was 3rd time I'd been to Madrid and I love it even more than the last 2 times put together. It's a fine place and will obviously now be much more memorable anyway!

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Yeah various reasons:

- Done the Bernabeu tour before
- Real were playing at home on Sunday so no tours allowed that day, plus we had other plans Friday/Saturday.
- New stadium I'd never been to so had to pick Wanda - very impressive. 

Barcelona remains one of my favourite European cities but this was 3rd time I'd been to Madrid and I love it even more than the last 2 times put together. It's a fine place and will obviously now be much more memorable anyway!

Ah, didn't realise you'd been before. Fair do's, looks a decent ground.

• Subscriber

Going to do the Philippines trip later this year for a month or two. Visiting friends in one of the smaller islands and then the usual tourist destinations like Palawan and Boracay. Also a few nights in Manila and Angeles City for sure. 

• 2 weeks later...

Barcelona's fine. There has been 32 cases of coronavirus in Catalunya but all are imported from Italy apparently. Madrid on the other hand is now in double figures. 360 in Spain and like half are in madrid. Hopefully it doesn't get out of hand for them!

As I said, everything is as normal here, nobody panicking. It's been an amazing trip so far and this hasn't affected it up to now, fingers crossed it stays that way.

The weed is so fucking good. I'm.just in the club I'm a member of now having a fatty after walking like 10 miles today exploring, most of it up hills. @Dr. Gonzo 

Gona go towards the beach after this. It's a bit windy but like 17 degrees. Been perfect weather to go exploring.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Barcelona's fine. There has been 32 cases of coronavirus in Catalunya but all are imported from Italy apparently. Madrid on the other hand is now in double figures. 360 in Spain and like half are in madrid. Hopefully it doesn't get out of hand for them!

As I said, everything is as normal here, nobody panicking. It's been an amazing trip so far and this hasn't affected it up to now, fingers crossed it stays that way.

The weed is so fucking good. I'm.just in the club I'm a member of now having a fatty after walking like 10 miles today exploring, most of it up hills. @Dr. Gonzo 

Gona go towards the beach after this. It's a bit windy but like 17 degrees. Been perfect weather to go exploring.

17 degrees at the beach fuck that 😂

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

I just found a cruise that genuinely caught my interest

Sent an inquiry. Antarctica, and two of the most isolated islands in the world (Bouvet Island and Tristan Da Cunha)? Take my money, now.

89363475_143484570239315_5040563684326244352_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=KhQPKtnwGsAAX93fd0g&_nc_ht=scontent.flim16-1.fna&oh=4b3ef30634a7a6970b3f4353ea604d30&oe=5E9A046E

Still wanna do Antarctica but it’s insane money!

3 hours ago, Toinho said:

Still wanna do Antarctica but it’s insane money!

I can imagine it's tougher for you given you have to get to Argentina/Uruguay first!

I'm gonna save up for this one though, it's literally the expedition of a lifetime.

On 07/03/2020 at 01:18, Toinho said:

17 degrees at the beach fuck that 😂

It was nice for a stroll mate, was down there yesterday aswell. Today has been warmest day of the trip.

The amount of miles I've walked is unreal. I did a good 17 just on Friday.

Seen absolutely loads of the city from many parks and gardens, to all the attractions in the city centre, the Castle, the beach, the port, markets, the urban areas, last night's game at Camp Nou, the civil war barracks, everywhere. Been a very different experience as it's only the third time I've gone away on my own and the other 2 times were Amsterdam. I've only used a taxi once, to camp Nou(walked back), not used the metro, only been on a bus once(from the airport) and everything else has been on foot. Some serious walking.

Also met some great people, specifically a Venezuelan girl.

The non shaking of hands hasn't worked out though as I've shook hands with people from everywhere at some point, USA, Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Spain, Austria, Belgium, Phillipines....How can you refuse handshakes though? Not easy without looking disrespectful.

Edited by Carnivore Chris

On 06/03/2020 at 22:59, Inti Brian said:

I just found a cruise that genuinely caught my interest

Sent an inquiry. Antarctica, and two of the most isolated islands in the world (Bouvet Island and Tristan Da Cunha)? Take my money, now.

89363475_143484570239315_5040563684326244352_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=KhQPKtnwGsAAX93fd0g&_nc_ht=scontent.flim16-1.fna&oh=4b3ef30634a7a6970b3f4353ea604d30&oe=5E9A046E

So this has taken a bit of a toll. Apparently the ship isn't running the itinerary in 2020 or 2021. However I am not giving up, I'm gonna ask around and see if a private tour is possible.

Bouvet and Edinburg of the Seven Seas must happen!

I've honestly never felt so welcomed by people before. In the hotel, in the cannabis social club, at Camp Nou, on the streets, I was treat like I was a king or something at times. It's probably with being an Englishman speaking Spanish and being open and friendly.

I should have took @nudge's advice 10 years ago when it comes to going away on your own, you end up seeing everything and it offers very different experiences, as it has done on all 3 of my solo trips now. It was fantastic and I must have done like 50 mile walking overall, literally. It's not even an exaggeration. I walked 17 mile on Friday alone. Then on Sunday I probably did the same amount of miles but to another part of the city.

It actually felt like I was there much longer than 4 and 1/2 days due to how much I did and saw and the pure amount of people I met, a high majority being latin-americans and people from the USA.

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...