talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

What are the rules like in Croatia by the way? I might go there. Wearing a mask on a plane is fine by me, but never outside.

There is Greece but no direct flights from.the UK.

Think like most countries as of earlier this week there's no quarantine on arrival but there is testing and a form to fill for where you are going to stay. 

Not sure about regional. They have had a slight increase in cases when borders opened though, again as like most countries you'd imagine.

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

Think like most countries as of earlier this week there's no quarantine on arrival but there is testing and a form to fill for where you are going to stay. 

Not sure about regional. They have had a slight increase in cases when borders opened though, again as like most countries you'd imagine.

It just doesn't sound appealing at all to go somewhere(Andalucía) and wear a mask outside in 40 degree heat..I'd have a red and white face and literally be wearing Man United colours. I'd look like @DeadLinesman when he's got his face paint on for the City derby.

That is other than the beach I think, but surely the beach would leave you at more at risk of contracting the virus, since it'll be packed? xD

Wearing them in shops, public transport, etc is fine as people have to work in them, it's only fair, but outside while walking seems extreme.

I'll have to look into a few places. Maybe the Canaries? As it's all regional rules as you said.

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Haha 2

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Carnivore Chris said:

It just doesn't sound appealing at all to go somewhere(Andalucía) and wear a mask outside in 40 degree heat..I'd have a red and white face and literally be wearing Man United colours. I'd look like @DeadLinesman when he's got his face paint on for the City derby.

That is other than the beach I think, but surely the beach would leave you at more at risk of contracting the virus, since it'll be packed? xD

Wearing them in shops, public transport, etc is fine as people have to work in them, it's only fair, but outside while walking seems extreme.

I'll have to look into a few places. Maybe the Canaries? As it's all regional rules as you said.

Malta seems quite relaxed. Literally checking every day for any changes for our trip in Sept xD

Expecting UK to be added to list of countries allowed to visit/not self-isolate on arrival from 15th July.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Malta seems quite relaxed. Literally checking every day for any changes for our trip in Sept xD

Expecting UK to be added to list of countries allowed to visit/not self-isolate on arrival from 15th July.

You should be alright in Malta as it stands but it's whether anything changes throughout the next few months.

If I'm off the 27th-31st then I might aswell go somewhere while I can and then work all year and take advantage of it. 

Netherlands would be relaxed I'd have thought but I'm after beaches. San Sebastian could be one. How did you get there when you went? Bilbao airport, then a train?

I'm going to make some phonecalls this week, phone a few hotels and airlines to make sure they are running and conjure something up. If I'm off that week(in 2 weeks time), then I may aswell go somewhere rather than be sat at home wanking for 7 days. 

s-l1600.jpg

Just bought that ready for when they become mandatory B| @nudge

I've decided not to go away though as there is no point. You'd spend shitloads and it would be an average experience. It's too hot in Spain to be wearing a mask ALL the time. Sunbathing with a mask on? There is no sense at all.

I actually saw a nice apartment to rent in Malaga for a good price. It is designed for 4 people but it has a big terrace, etc. I'll have to book that in the future, the apartment is a perfect location as well.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

s-l1600.jpg

Just bought that ready for when they become mandatory B| @nudge

I've decided not to go away though as there is no point. You'd spend shitloads and it would be an average experience. It's too hot in Spain to be wearing a mask ALL the time. Sunbathing with a mask on? There is no sense at all.

I actually saw a nice apartment to rent in Malaga for a good price. It is designed for 4 people but it has a big terrace, etc. I'll have to book that in the future, the apartment is a perfect location as well.

Should have gone for this one:

BMmask_master-1_1024x.png?v=1587063471

:D 

• Haha 1

I've just booked Amsterdam for 2 weeks today, 3 days xD

No over the top mask rules there like in Spain and I might as well have a day in Rotterdam while over there since it's only an hour train and I've never been to Rotterdam.

I wasn't planning on going back there for a long time but there are little options right now and The Netherlands doesn't seem to really have many daily cases now, nor are they strict on bullshit like masks on the streets, etc. Besides, the option is this or sat at home all week that week doing nothing.

Also the hotel and flight was cheap as fuck.

Come @Stan, @Lucas, @nudge :hh:

• Subscriber

No over the top mask rules there like in Spain and I might as well have a day in Rotterdam while over there since it's only an hour train and I've never been to Rotterdam.

I wasn't planning on going back there for a long time but there are little options right now and The Netherlands doesn't seem to really have many daily cases now, nor are they strict on bullshit like masks on the streets, etc. Besides, the option is this or sat at home all week that week doing nothing.

Thanks, but I'll pass. Have a flight back to Bangkok booked in September (will likely have to reschedule though as I don't think they'll reopen the borders by then), and will generally jump on the first chance to go back, so not willing to take any unecessary risks until then...

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Thanks, but I'll pass. Have a flight back to Bangkok booked in September (will likely have to reschedule though as I don't think they'll reopen the borders by then), and will generally jump on the first chance to go back, so not willing to take any unecessary risks until then...

How long are you staying out there for? A few weeks?

I would definitely prefer to be going to a tropical country, it has to be said.

• Subscriber

How long are you staying out there for? A few weeks?

I would definitely prefer to be going to a tropical country, it has to be said.

You mean how long am I going to stay in Thailand? Don't know, a few weeks probably, before I go back to Cambodia. But then again, it all depends on whether or not the borders are opened and if there are flights in the first place... Have a bad feeling nothing will change until 2021.

26 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Congrats, I don't blame you at all. Makes sense as well if there's not much on the agenda here.

Are you able to do pretty much everything you'd usually do over there?What region you staying in this time?

I am all 'Dammed out I think but I'd never say never. I'll be back one day no doubt xD

Edited by Lucas

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Haha I would mate but I've gotta save for weddings! 

Sounds very similar to trip myself and couple mates did last August. Rotterdam for 2 days, Amsterdam for 1. 

I'll be honest, Rotterdam wasn't great. There's barely anything to do there apart from visit De Kuip stadium. And even that's a shithole xD

It's not as free as Amsterdam. The coffee houses have a different vibe to them as Amsterdam. Rotterdam reminded us of being in somewhere like Milton Keynes without the roundabouts xD

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

You mean how long am I going to stay in Thailand? Don't know, a few weeks probably, before I go back to Cambodia. But then again, it all depends on whether or not the borders are opened and if there are flights in the first place... Have a bad feeling nothing will change until 2021.

Yeah I would actually be surprised now if you could fly to Thailand in September as it stands. It'll probably only be the destinations we can fly to now and that's it.

Jamaica is open though :P

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Congrats, I don't blame you at all. Makes sense as well if there's not much on the agenda here.

Are you able to do pretty much everything you'd usually do over there?What region you staying in this time?

I am all 'Dammed out I think but I'd never say never. I'll be back one day no doubt xD

I was going to go to south Spain but the rules are too strict and it'll be packed. I'll go there in October still if it's possible then once everything gets back to normal I can start properly planning Colombia.

I'm all Dammed out myself and didn't plan on going there again for a long time(mainly because I have too many places and countries to visit) but there is nothing here for that week so I might as well go somewhere. Italy would have been itneresting, but I like to plan shit a bit more first, and get an idea of what you're going to do, etc, whereas it doesn't really matter in the likes of Amsterdam as you can just freestyle.

I'm not sure if you can do literally everything that you could, but I know the rules there are some of the least strict and as it stands, you only need to wear masks on public transport. I'll have to fill out a medical form though, but that's nothing.

I'll be staying very close to the Heineken Experience. I've actually stayed there before. Not the greatest of hotels, but the location is class and it's cheap enough. Most hotels in Amsterdam are shit though. Small and nothing to them, nowhere near as good as the Apartment I was planning on getting in Malaga.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Sounds very similar to trip myself and couple mates did last August. Rotterdam for 2 days, Amsterdam for 1. 

I'll be honest, Rotterdam wasn't great. There's barely anything to do there apart from visit De Kuip stadium. And even that's a shithole xD

It's not as free as Amsterdam. The coffee houses have a different vibe to them as Amsterdam. Rotterdam reminded us of being in somewhere like Milton Keynes without the roundabouts xD

There's actually spots I've never been in Amsterdam to be honest, so I will go on a mad explore. I've never been to the Windmills that Lucas went to for example.

What about Haarlem and Utrecht? @Panflute @SirBalon 69 They aren't far and look quite nice with much less tourism than Amsterdam, although the locals may all run away scared when an Englishman appears given current events :ph34r:. I might check one of those instead as they are a very short train journey anyway.

• Subscriber

What about Haarlem and Utrecht?

Haarlem is very beautiful and well worth a visit. Might be a bit "boring" depending on what you like, but it's a charming and peaceful little town... the North Sea beach, Zandvoort racing circuit, Keukenhof Gardens (only open in spring though), Zaanse Schans windmills are all just a short trip away too. 

Utrecht is also very nice, so is Leiden. Both essentially similar to Amsterdam, but less crowded and touristy. But I love the Netherlands in general. Regardless where you go, both bigger cities and small towns and even villages are so damn beautiful and have so much to offer.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Haarlem is very beautiful and well worth a visit. Might be a bit "boring" depending on what you like, but it's a charming and peaceful little town... the North Sea beach, Zandvoort racing circuit, Keukenhof Gardens (only open in spring though), Zaanse Schans windmills are all just a short trip away too. 

Utrecht is also very nice, so is Leiden. Both essentially similar to Amsterdam, but less crowded and touristy. But I love the Netherlands in general. Regardless where you go, both bigger cities and small towns and even villages are so damn beautiful and have so much to offer.

I love the way those cities are laid out, with all the canals. I will have to check one of the 2 out as they both look much better than Rotterdam. Also them being less crowded and touristy makes them more appealing as well.

It would be nice to see the windmills also and it probably has more of a local feel to it.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I love the way those cities are laid out, with all the canals. I will have to check one of the 2 out as they both look much better than Rotterdam. Also them being less crowded and touristy makes them more appealing as well.

It would be nice to see the windmills also and it probably has more of a local feel to it.

You should also take a boat to Schiermonnikoog (or other Wadden Islands) and spend a few days there for something completely different...

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Rotterdam is ok in the Cool district  

2 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

There's actually spots I've never been in Amsterdam to be honest, so I will go on a mad explore. I've never been to the Windmills that Lucas went to for example.

What about Haarlem and Utrecht? @Panflute @SirBalon 69 They aren't far and look quite nice with much less tourism than Amsterdam, although the locals may all run away scared when an Englishman appears given current events :ph34r:. I might check one of those instead as they are a very short train journey anyway.

Haarlem would be boring if your looking for nightlife though.  The Hague is worth a visit.

2 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Yeah I would actually be surprised now if you could fly to Thailand in September as it stands. It'll probably only be the destinations we can fly to now and that's it.

Jamaica is open though :P

I was going to go to south Spain but the rules are too strict and it'll be packed. I'll go there in October still if it's possible then once everything gets back to normal I can start properly planning Colombia.

I'm all Dammed out myself and didn't plan on going there again for a long time(mainly because I have too many places and countries to visit) but there is nothing here for that week so I might as well go somewhere. Italy would have been itneresting, but I like to plan shit a bit more first, and get an idea of what you're going to do, etc, whereas it doesn't really matter in the likes of Amsterdam as you can just freestyle.

I'm not sure if you can do literally everything that you could, but I know the rules there are some of the least strict and as it stands, you only need to wear masks on public transport. I'll have to fill out a medical form though, but that's nothing.

I'll be staying very close to the Heineken Experience. I've actually stayed there before. Not the greatest of hotels, but the location is class and it's cheap enough. Most hotels in Amsterdam are shit though. Small and nothing to them, nowhere near as good as the Apartment I was planning on getting in Malaga.

The hotels are nice if you want to spend 200-300 euros a night, just like London.

44 minutes ago, nudge said:

You should also take a boat to Schiermonnikoog (or other Wadden Islands) and spend a few days there for something completely different...

Yeah I will have to do that one day as I'm only going for 3 days(any longer in Amsterdam and you have no money :ph34r:) but I will bare it in mind in the future.

8 minutes ago, SirBalon 69 said:

Haarlem would be boring if your looking for nightlife though.  The Hague is worth a visit.

I was just thinking of somewhere to explore and chill out on one of the days to be honest. I'm not too arsed about the night life at the moment and just want to walk about and chill out. Well I say that, but things change once you land there xD

2 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Yeah I will have to do that one day as I'm only going for 3 days(any longer in Amsterdam and you have no money :ph34r:) but I will bare it in mind in the future.

I was just thinking of somewhere to explore and chill out on one of the days to be honest. I'm not too arsed about the night life at the moment and just want to walk about and chill out. Well I say that, but things change once you land there xD

Can get the bus to Volendam from the back of the centraal station.  It is about 20 minutes away, very nice small place to see if you want to chill, can get very busy though.