talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Flying back today - but I’ll this has probably been the best holiday I’ve ever been on. Maui is absolutely incredible.

Here’s a pic of the sun rising above the clouds from the highest point on the island.

And a cool shot from the coolest hike I went on the trip.B2542242-B201-4526-BA01-FE72B1B7C4C8.jpeg

7095E54A-9433-4104-95F7-4C1E191568C3.jpeg

Looks fantastic. The second pic looks like something straight out of LOST series (which was also shot in Hawaii, so that makes sense...) :D 

• Upvote 1

On 05/01/2022 at 11:35, Stan said:

PXL_20220103_211100117.jpg

On 23/01/2022 at 19:22, Dr. Gonzo said:

B2542242-B201-4526-BA01-FE72B1B7C4C8.jpeg

20211019-191259.jpg

Are we having a sun set picture contest or what?

Difference is with mine and yours is that I had to walk up a fucking mountain to take mine 🤣. Impressive how the Romans built a path leading right up to a fortress at the top though. Steep as fuck, but so brilliantly constructed.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

20211019-191259.jpg

Are we having a sun set picture contest or what?

Difference is with mine and yours is that I had to walk up a fucking mountain to take mine 🤣. Impressive how the Romans built a path leading right up to a fortress at the top though. Steep as fuck, but so brilliantly constructed.

Mines a sunrise, not a sunset also xD

I also had to go up a volcano for mine. But if you look closely, what looks like an ocean in my pic isn't an ocean at all... those are clouds.

Colder than a witch's tit up there (that's for @Bluewolf, so that phrase doesn't go extinct). Went from warm as fuck to below freezing and then back down the mountain to warm as fuck.

34 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Mines a sunrise, not a sunset also xD

I also had to go up a volcano for mine. But if you look closely, what looks like an ocean in my pic isn't an ocean at all... those are clouds.

Colder than a witch's tit up there (that's for @Bluewolf, so that phrase doesn't go extinct). Went from warm as fuck to below freezing and then back down the mountain to warm as fuck.

What the fuck, I genuinely thought you were sat close to the sea. 

But now I see it now that you've mentioned it. You beat me for being the highest then..

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

What can I say... getting high is one of my skills.

Did you manage to get any Maui Waui out there? Hawaii does look amazing it has to be said. I'm guessing the flight isn't too long for you either is it? 

Speaking of heights, I'm back down the Costa del sol for a week in March(but to a different part), and I'm going up Monte Calamorro in a cable car. From up there you can see every city and town along the Costa del sol and if it's a clear enough day, you can see Gibraltar and Morocco. I'm also going to check out Mijas, a little village in the mountainous region. Then I think some island hopping in the Canaries(which would involve volcanos) for a few weeks is on the cards in May or June if the covid situation doesn't change again.

After that, and if covid doesn't fuck everything up this time, I will be heading somewhere west towards the Americas, where yet? We'll see..

Edited by Carnivore Chris

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Then I think some island hopping in the Canaries(which would involve volcanos) for a few weeks is on the cards in May or June if the covid situation doesn't change again.

Can highly recommend Teide volcano and national park in Tenerife. There's also an impressive observatory there; it was sadly closed due to covid situation when I was there so I missed out on it :( But still, the views are majestic. I also booked a paragliding flight from Mount Teide, and would highly recommend it, too :)

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, nudge said:

Can highly recommend Teide volcano and national park in Tenerife. There's also an impressive observatory there; it was sadly closed due to covid situation when I was there so I missed out on it :( But still, the views are majestic. I also booked a paragliding flight from Mount Teide, and would highly recommend it, too :)

I was looking at that national park the other day funnily enough, it looks amazing. The main 2 islands on the cards are Tenerife and Fuerteventura as I haven't been to either, but visited both Gran Canaria and Lanzarote as a kid.

Did you end up on any of the other islands? 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I was looking at that national park the other day funnily enough, it looks amazing. The main 2 islands on the cards are Tenerife and Fuerteventura as I haven't been to either, but visited both Gran Canaria and Lanzarote as a kid.

Did you end up on any of the other islands? 

No, unfortunately. I had hotels and a car booked in Fuerteventura originally, but at the time I arrived to Tenerife, it got moved to level 4 and only essential travel was allowed between islands. It was possible later after a few months, but with situation changing unpredictably, I didn't want to get stuck there and miss my next flight.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Did you manage to get any Maui Waui out there? Hawaii does look amazing it has to be said. I'm guessing the flight isn't too long for you either is it? 

Speaking of heights, I'm back down the Costa del sol for a week in March(but to a different part), and I'm going up Monte Calamorro in a cable car. From up there you can see every city and town along the Costa del sol and if it's a clear enough day, you can see Gibraltar and Morocco. I'm also going to check out Mijas, a little village in the mountainous region. Then I think some island hopping in the Canaries(which would involve volcanos) for a few weeks is on the cards in May or June if the covid situation doesn't change again.

After that, and if covid doesn't fuck everything up this time, I will be heading somewhere west towards the Americas, where yet? We'll see..

6 hour flight from me, so not the best flight but not too bad. The weed in Maui was disappointing though.

If you ever head my way you’ve got to let me know.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I'm also going to check out Mijas, a little village in the mountainous region.

Yes! My parents and I have stayed nearby there several times (Fuengirola). It's amazing. Great scenery. We went to a restaurant up in the hilltops once. I think I had some duck or lamb and it was delicious. I'll try and find the name of it and let you know.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

6 hour flight from me, so not the best flight but not too bad. The weed in Maui was disappointing though.

If you ever head my way you’ve got to let me know.

There's other countries that I want to visit before the USA(especially México, Colombia and Canada) but whenever USA does come up, there can only be California mate, so we might still get high one day yet 😎.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Yes! My parents and I have stayed nearby there several times (Fuengirola). It's amazing. Great scenery. We went to a restaurant up in the hilltops once. I think I had some duck or lamb and it was delicious. I'll try and find the name of it and let you know.

Fuengirola is actually one of the spots I'm going to check out mate.

Benalmádena in Autumn and spring is peaceful and not as jam packed with tourists(atleast it wasn't in October when I visited for the day), even the beaches were only at 5% capacity despite it being 26 degrees. It's only 7 mile from Málaga airport and a close train or bus ride to the likes of Fuengirola and Mijas and you can get the cable car up into the mountains from there. It seems like the perfect base  in order to do some exploring.

8 hours ago, Tommy said:

Since 4-5 years we have those parrots in my city as well! They're loud as fuck if they're in flocks together. 

Nice pics! :)

Those little shits are everywhere nowadays and if not them, then Ring-neck Parakeets. They seem to thrive anywhere and take over the local bird populations. Little bastards xD

15 hours ago, nudge said:

No, unfortunately. I had hotels and a car booked in Fuerteventura originally, but at the time I arrived to Tenerife, it got moved to level 4 and only essential travel was allowed between islands. It was possible later after a few months, but with situation changing unpredictably, I didn't want to get stuck there and miss my next flight.

I think there still are restrictions in the Canaries, but we'll see what happens closer to May or June time.

Fuerteventura does look amazing though, especially its cristal clear waters, sand dunes and great landscapes. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I think there still are restrictions in the Canaries, but we'll see what happens closer to May or June time.

Fuerteventura does look amazing though, especially its cristal clear waters, sand dunes and great landscapes. 

Yep, they use a four-level system, with Level 1 having no restrictions, and Level 4 having the most. The situation is evaluated on regular intervals, so things are changing constantly. Tenerife, Gran Canaria, La Palma, and La Gomera are currently at Level 4; and Fuerteventura, El Hierro, and Lanzarote at Level 3. But frankly, their restrictions are very mild and have barely any impact on enjoying your time there... Arrival controls are very smooth, as well.

I wanted to visit Fuerteventura mostly for its Mars-like landscapes :) 

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yep, they use a four-level system, with Level 1 having no restrictions, and Level 4 having the most. The situation is evaluated on regular intervals, so things are changing constantly. Tenerife, Gran Canaria, La Palma, and La Gomera are currently at Level 4; and Fuerteventura, El Hierro, and Lanzarote at Level 3. But frankly, their restrictions are very mild and have barely any impact on enjoying your time there... Arrival controls are very smooth, as well.

I wanted to visit Fuerteventura mostly for its Mars-like landscapes :) 

Yeah they have those levels everywhere in Spain, but the worst at the moment is having to wear masks in crowded places. So that's nothing to be honest. 

As it stands also, there is no tests going to to Spain or when coming back, so hopefully that doesn't change in March.