talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Fuengirola is actually one of the spots I'm going to check out mate.

Benalmádena in Autumn and spring is peaceful and not as jam packed with tourists(atleast it wasn't in October when I visited for the day), even the beaches were only at 5% capacity despite it being 26 degrees. It's only 7 mile from Málaga airport and a close train or bus ride to the likes of Fuengirola and Mijas and you can get the cable car up into the mountains from there. It seems like the perfect base  in order to do some exploring.

Yeah give me a shout if you want any recommendations. I think I did the cable car several years ago but ended up being really cloudy so couldn't really see much. Had the most chocolate-y hot chocolate as well. Was like treacle xD

My parents went just before COVID. There's a place where there's a new zipwire experience they've put in - my mum did it and loved it. Give it a go. They usually go in March/April or October too, quieter for them. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

My first break of the year is a UK break, got 4 nights booked over near Scarborough.

Don't usually do British breaks but the wife wants to see how this war pans out before booking abroad so we decided a week away for her birthday in an area of the UK we'd not ventured to before.

Should be interesting.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Devil said:

My first break of the year is a UK break, got 4 nights booked over near Scarborough.

Don't usually do British breaks but the wife wants to see how this war pans out before booking abroad so we decided a week away for her birthday in an area of the UK we'd not ventured to before.

Should be interesting.

Are you going to Scarborough fair? :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Are you going to Scarborough fair? :ph34r:

Yeah meeting my friends Simon and Garfunkle there, hopefully it's going to be a peaceful break and I can enjoy the sounds of silence.

Seriously though I'm actually looking forward to packing my walking gear and enjoying a trip to the coast to have a scenic British trip for once, this is gonna be a more active break than my usual sun holidays.

Gonna book end of July abroad hopefully, fancied Turkey myself.

Anyone got any Turkey recommendations?

Done oludeniz, loved it. Open to new areas.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

It's going to rain all week next week, after there has been a drought there for 8 months. I genuinely couldn't think of anything worse, but they won't let me cancel it and change it to Tenerife. What aload of shit. 

Honestly, I could book a trip to Australia in the middle of their summer and it would piss it down with rain and be 10 degrees  :ph34r:@Devil-Dick Willie, @Toinho

Saying that, I wasn't going to South Spain for the weather, or I wouldn't have booked it for March, but you'd still expect it to be sunny and 18 or so degrees, which would be perfect for visiting the Mountainous areas and exploring local towns. I'm only using Benalmádena as a base as it's literally central to everywhere I plan to visit, I know someone there, I'm a member of a cannabis social club(for the evenings) and it's easy to reach from Málaga airport, which is ideal. But heavy rain will pretty much ruin all plans. 

Funnily enough, I chose March rather than January as I thought the weather would be better, but it was actually far nicer in Jan xD. I should have gone to the Canaries this time, or even Cape Verde.

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Sad 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

It's going to rain all week next week, after there has been a drought there for 8 months. I genuinely couldn't think of anything worse, but they won't let me cancel it and change it to Tenerife. What aload of shit. 

Apparently Saharan desert storm. 

We got some of it as far as here, murky orange air and lots of rain. 

43 minutes ago, Stan said:

Apparently Saharan desert storm. 

We got some of it as far as here, murky orange air and lots of rain. 

Yeah, there has been that as well but flights are still on atleast. That may also clear up by the time I'm there. 

Looks like I'll have to pack these:-

ceca2947e5f621cba29c70ae610e209d772584b2

blaklader-waterproof-winter-hi-vis-overa

As it stands, it'll be shit weather for all but 2 of the days xD. Meanwhile, Lancashire is set to have nice spring weather. 

3 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

You can put some waterproofs in with all that extra hand luggage you bought :ph34r:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Where are ya? Nevermind read the rest of the posts haha. You may get some sun… lol 

Edited by Toinho

On 17/03/2022 at 23:20, Toinho said:

Where are ya? Nevermind read the rest of the posts haha. You may get some sun… lol 

I noticed on the weather app that, even though it's raining where I'm staying, it's sunny in Fuengirola, so I've popped down here for the day.

But the rain isn't bad anyway, just showers, and it's not cold, like it was i  Manchester. The lightning when descending into Malaga was also a spectacle that you don't see everyday.

I've got to say, Fuengirola looks quite rough, but at the same time, it looks like there is alot here to do, etc.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I noticed on the weather app that, even though it's raining where I'm staying, it's sunny in Fuengirola, so I've popped down here for the day.

But the rain isn't bad anyway, just showers, and it's not cold, like it was i  Manchester. The lightning when descending into Malaga was also a spectacle that you don't see everyday.

I've got to say, Fuengirola looks quite rough, but at the same time, it looks like there is alot here to do, etc.

Get yourself to the local zoo. It’s brilliant.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Did you ever go to Mijas when down this way? @Stan @DeadLinesman

Unreal up there, genuinely beautiful as fuck.

I take it back about Fuengirola being shithole also. I went down some bad areas at the start, but there are many nice parts as well.

Yeah we regularly go there, Fuengirola and Miraflores whenever we are down there. Prefer that to the likes of Puerto Banus and Marbella at times. As nice as those places are, Mijas and Fuengirola seem more homely and authentic.

Fuengirola has had a lot of investment into it over the past 5-10 years. It seems more communal and tourist-friendly, but without losing its pride or reputation as a suburb outside of Malaga. 

The views from the hills in Mijas are sublime. It's beautiful. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Did you ever go to Mijas when down this way? @Stan @DeadLinesman

Unreal up there, genuinely beautiful as fuck.

I take it back about Fuengirola being shithole also. I went down some bad areas at the start, but there are many nice parts as well.

Yeah. Like Stan said, great views and some lovely churches up that way.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Stan said:

Yeah we regularly go there, Fuengirola and Miraflores whenever we are down there. Prefer that to the likes of Puerto Banus and Marbella at times. As nice as those places are, Mijas and Fuengirola seem more homely and authentic.

Fuengirola has had a lot of investment into it over the past 5-10 years. It seems more communal and tourist-friendly, but without losing its pride or reputation as a suburb outside of Malaga. 

The views from the hills in Mijas are sublime. It's beautiful. 

Mijas had a lot more English tourists there than I thought, mainly visiting for the day. I suppose everywhere is touristy,  atleast to some extent, nowadays though. 

If you go up the hills just outside mijas, it's nice around there. Amazing villas and even saw birds of prey hovering over the hills. I'm not sure on the species though as they have a big variety. But living up there would be amazing.

As for rain, it's only hammered it down early hours in the morning, when in bed. That's it. There has been the odd scattered shower in the day, but nothing heavy.

15 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Yeah. Like Stan said, great views and some lovely churches up that way.

The views are incredible. But the town itself is nice as fuck itself. @nudgewould like it up there I think.

20220322-125617.jpg

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Mijas had a lot more English tourists there than I thought, mainly visiting for the day. I suppose everywhere is touristy,  atleast to some extent, nowadays though. 

If you go up the hills just outside mijas, it's nice around there. Amazing villas and even saw birds of prey hovering over the hills. I'm not sure on the species though as they have a big variety. But living up there would be amazing.

As for rain, it's only hammered it down early hours in the morning, when in bed. That's it. There has been the odd scattered shower in the day, but nothing heavy.

The views are incredible. But the town itself is nice as fuck itself. @nudgewould like it up there I think.

20220322-125617.jpg

😳

• Haha 4