talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Do.you have anything planned yourself anytime soon?

I just arrived in Sri Lanka a month ago :) Planning to stay here 4-5 months and then go back to Cambodia!

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I just arrived in Sri Lanka a month ago :) Planning to stay here 4-5 months and then go back to Cambodia!

How is it? Would actually be in my top 10 to visit. Hopefully it’s quite stable now. Are you freelancing from there? Is it also a bit of a holiday? 

Edited by Toinho

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Toinho said:

How is it? Would actually be in my top 10 to visit. Hopefully it’s quite stable now. Are you freelancing from there? Is it also a bit of a holiday? 

I like it so far! The country's currently in crisis; there's a massive shortage of fuel, gas and electricity, so there are scheduled power cuts daily and people stand in long queues to get gas canisters and diesel. Inflation is high and rising, so prices are obviously rising too. Protests are starting to take place, mostly in Colombo. Tough times for the locals, but personally, it hasn't affected me much. 

I'm always working remotely, yeah. Been moving countries for a year now, as I got stuck in Europe when covid crap started and couldn't go back, so decided to take advantage of a shitty situation and spend some time in new places I haven't visited before. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

You always keep it quiet and just move somewhere. We never get any updates nudge haha.

Have you enjoyed it there? Funnily enough, a forklift driver I know is going there for his honeymoon.

Nevermind, you have already answered that question above!

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

You always keep it quiet and just move somewhere. We never get any updates nudge haha.

Have you enjoyed it there? Funnily enough, a forklift driver I know is going there for his honeymoon.

Nevermind, you have already answered that question above!

I just move too often for you to keep up, no point in updates... xD 

• Haha 1

That sahara sand is back, the place is glowing orange and it's gone dark. Also due to it pissing down early hours this morning, cars and windows are covered in sand. It's unreal to be fair and it doesn't prevent you from doing anything.

I've  been mooching around Torremolinos.

• Upvote 1

That storm was extreme last night.

First it hammered it down and I got caught in it, which meant I was covered in saharan sand from head to toe(fuck off @DeadLinesman & @Stan  before you start :ph34r:) then last night there were heavy showers, wind and thunder, although the rain has cleared all the dusty air, so it was necessary.

I'm going back down there in 4.5 weeks as I met a woman who is from there. 

I never visited Marbella last time(the only spot I didn't really) and I never ended up going up Monte Calamorro in the cable car as I didn't find the right moment, so there is still stuff to see at the same time.

So much for Tenerife and Fuerteventura @nudge :ph34r:

• Sad 1

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I'm going back down there in 4.5 weeks as I met a woman who is from there. 

I never visited Marbella last time(the only spot I didn't really) and I never ended up going up Monte Calamorro in the cable car as I didn't find the right moment, so there is still stuff to see at the same time.

So much for Tenerife and Fuerteventura @nudge :ph34r:

Boo!

25 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I met a woman who is from there:ph34r:

As the chairman of the SingleLifeNoKids365 topic, I can announce that we are closely monitoring your situation regarding future sanctions and restrictions to our premises. 

• Haha 2

I'm finishing up work just now, and then packing to fly off to Firenze on Friday morning. 

The Passenger Locator and vaccine passport stuff all seemed relatively easy, but I haven't been on anything more than a couple of nights away for years, so I'm worried that I won't remember how to pack a suitcase properly. 

I'll probably be walking around a shop in Italy shortly, trying to remember the Italian words for socks and toothpaste.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Inverted said:

I'm finishing up work just now, and then packing to fly off to Firenze on Friday morning. 

The Passenger Locator and vaccine passport stuff all seemed relatively easy, but I haven't been on anything more than a couple of nights away for years, so I'm worried that I won't remember how to pack a suitcase properly. 

I'll probably be walking around a shop in Italy shortly, trying to remember the Italian words for socks and toothpaste.

Make sure to pack enough extra underwear as if you are going to shit yourself every day. It's the law. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Tommy said:

Looks lovely. :o 

Yeah, it was really nice. There's a lot I liked about it, but especially the hiking I did.

I also snowboarded for the first time ever in my life, and I've never really ever been anywhere where you can ski/snowboard before so that was pretty fun. But the hikes were the best bit, imo, probably because I've never really been anywhere like that before. But it's got fantastic scenery and it's a very serene place.

Second best bit was renting a Tesla dual motor model 3 with snow tires while I was out there - got to do some very very fun driving out there. The downside to that is now I really want a Tesla after going back to my Corolla.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
21 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Not long now, only 24 hours and I'll be on that plane B|

Is Marbella worth the visit? I'm gona pop down there on Monday I think since I haven't been there yet. Also this restaurant in Fuengirola, did you find out the name in the end? @Stan

Bruno's :D 

Or Da Bruno da Cabopino. The one in Fuengirola has shut permanently, but Cabopino one is in Marbella. 

Marbella itself worth the visit for a day I'd say. Probably won't need more than that.

• Upvote 1