talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

40 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Going to Italy in September! Rome and the area around Bari.

I've never been south of Naples, so I'm looking forward to it because every time I've been to Italy it's been fucking fantastic & this'll be new.

Take some food pics. 😍

I've never been to Italy, but flew over it a few times. xD I think if I'd go to Italy for a week, I'd come back 10kg heavier with all the Pizza and Pasta I'd consume. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Take some food pics. 😍

I've never been to Italy, but flew over it a few times. xD I think if I'd go to Italy for a week, I'd come back 10kg heavier with all the Pizza and Pasta I'd consume. 

The food there is incredible, you've got to go just for the food

• Upvote 1

I'll be in Toronto next week for work but I plan on breaking away to see Niagara from the Canada side, as it's supposed to be the superior side of the falls.  Also have a lakehouse booked in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for the end of June.  Can't wait.

• Upvote 3

• Administrator
14 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Going to Italy in September! Rome and the area around Bari.

I've never been south of Naples, so I'm looking forward to it because every time I've been to Italy it's been fucking fantastic & this'll be new.

13 hours ago, Tommy said:

Take some food pics. 😍

13 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Italy is fantastic. Done pretty much every major city and the lakes. Best food in the world.

Enjoy @Dr. Gonzo. I can't wait - missus and I heading to Milan end of next month. @Tommy - food is one of the things we're looking forward to the most.

@DeadLinesman - spending half a day at Lake Como - have you been? We did plan a day but others have said that only half a day is needed really. What are trains like there as we'll probably use that to get to Como from Milan. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Coma said:

Has anyone found the language barrier in Italy to be an issue?  I don't know a lick of Italian but I'd like to visit there when I come over next year.

You just need to get the hand gestures right. 🤌

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Stan said:

@DeadLinesman - spending half a day at Lake Como - have you been? We did plan a day but others have said that only half a day is needed really. What are trains like there as we'll probably use that to get to Como from Milan. 

Como is beautiful, you’d get round it in a day (but only the town of Como and the wharf/dock area). We spent 2 weeks at Lake Garda and that was amazing. We got the train from Garda to Venice and it was pretty easy. Shouldn’t be an issue from Milan to Como I’d have thought.

• Upvote 1

On 05/05/2022 at 04:43, Coma said:

Has anyone found the language barrier in Italy to be an issue?  I don't know a lick of Italian but I'd like to visit there when I come over next year.

Sort of. The first time I went, I had a bit of an issue getting them to understand me unless I talked really really slowly xD, but a lot of people speak English or know a bit of English to figure out what you're talking about.

Second time I went I'd learned a bit of Italian, so I could sort of use shite Italian to start talking to people and then switch to English for the words I didn't know how to say - that worked out fine. I'm actually doing the Duolingo Italian stuff to give me a bit of refresher/hoping to learn how to say a bit more stuff... just on the off chance I end up needing to communicate with someone that's not going to be able to understand me. But that's also because I've heard that in the south there are fewer people that can speak English as well - I dunno if that's true or not though.

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/05/2022 at 19:25, Coma said:

I'll be in Toronto next week for work but I plan on breaking away to see Niagara from the Canada side, as it's supposed to be the superior side of the falls.  Also have a lakehouse booked in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for the end of June.  Can't wait.

I'm back in South Spain again in 5 weeks for a week, but Toronto is on the cards(and Niagra Falls), either by the end of this year or very early next year. I'm going to work out when the best time will be and decent prices.

Things I'm planning:-

1. Explore the fuck out of every part of the city as I always do in new places.

2. Do some fishing on one of the huge lakes, maybe for Bass since it's the main species to fish for among Canadians.

3. Do Niagra Falls.

4. Smoke shit loads of weed, it's legal, potent and cheap as chips there after all.

5. Maybe go to an Ice Hockey game. I know little about it but it would be a new experience.

Obviously plenty of other things.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I'm back in South Spain again in 5 weeks for a week, but Toronto is on the cards(and Niagra Falls), either by the end of this year or very early next year. I'm going to work out when the best time will be and decent prices.

2. Do some fishing on one of the huge lakes, maybe for Bass since it's the main species to fish for among Canadians.

3. Do Niagra Falls.

4. Smoke shit loads of weed, it's legal, potent and cheap as chips there after all.

5. Maybe go to an Ice Hockey game. I know little about it but it would be a new experience.

Jealous. Canada is my number one place to visit. Not sure if it’ll ever happen though! 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

It's funny you mention that. While walking downtown I smelled it everywhere. Even in the US states where it's legal you're not allowed to smoke in public places. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 26/05/2022 at 11:37, Carnivore Chris said:

3. Do Niagra Falls.

Enjoy yourself! Ive never been to Toronto still myself but I want to one day....Its dumb but flights within Canada out east are nearly the same as flying to other countries.  Id highly recommend going to a Leafs game if you can though the fans are nuts and the atmosphere would be a blast, they also have a pretty good team these days with one of the best current players in the game. 

• Upvote 1

On 27/05/2022 at 14:26, Coma said:

It's funny you mention that. While walking downtown I smelled it everywhere. Even in the US states where it's legal you're not allowed to smoke in public places. 

I think you're allowed to smoke anywhere where it's legal to smoke cigarettes in Canada, I.e as long as you're outdoors, I doubt anybody will care.

On 27/05/2022 at 19:54, Viva la FCB said:

Enjoy yourself! Ive never been to Toronto still myself but I want to one day....Its dumb but flights within Canada out east are nearly the same as flying to other countries.  Id highly recommend going to a Leafs game if you can though the fans are nuts and the atmosphere would be a blast, they also have a pretty good team these days with one of the best current players in the game.

Yeah I will definitely have to attend a Leaf's game if they are playing at home around that period. I might even feature on TV like @Storts the other week 😷.

Vancoover actually stands out more, but is much further to travel and one of the reasons for Toronto(around 7.5 hour flight) is to get used to longer flights before going to the likes of Mexico and Colombia. Of course it is somewhere I want to visit as well and Niagara falls will be a great experience. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
6 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

654.17 GBP = 1,000 CAD 

That's a nice exchange rate. @Viva la FCB

869.34 GBP = 1,000 EUR

That is fucking terrible and getting worse.

Biggest part of the reason seeing England isnt near the top of my list to visit, the exchange rate was worse pre Brexit too...

• 2 weeks later...