talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

On 22/06/2022 at 21:55, Stan said:

Our flight got changed a few times a few months ago as they rearranged flights to consolidate them, and it was delayed by an hour on the day. But we weren't too fussed - it happens. 

Mine was also delayed 1.5 hours. 

But first, my train was cancelled at the last minute(fuck that railway network now, it honestly just needs abolishing. It's terrible), I had to get another train, which was also delayed and then we were on it 20 mins extra. I get to the airport, stuck in customs forever as they were way under staffed and then the flight was delayed and we were sat in a little room all jam packed in. Awful day.

I've got to say, I'm fucking glad to have gotten here.

On 29/06/2022 at 23:50, Carnivore Chris said:

But first, my train was cancelled at the last minute(fuck that railway network now, it honestly just needs abolishing. It's terrible), I had to get another train, which was also delayed and then we were on it 20 mins extra. I get to the airport, stuck in customs forever as they were way under staffed and then the flight was delayed and we were sat in a little room all jam packed in. Awful day.

Cancelled on the way back as well, so I've had to go to Manchester Picadilly, then from there to Wigan and now to my destination. Worst fucking rail network in the world. They don't even give you refunds either so I've paid double bubble going there and coming back. They've literally ripped me off 30 quid.

The Easyjet flight was 20 minutes early, you can't grumble with them in general. But fuck those trains, it's problem after problem after problem and the people who work for the likes of transpennine and northern rail are often massive clowns with shit attitudes as well. What gives those utter cretins the right to go on strike all the time and hold the country to ransome?

Edited by Carnivore Chris

36 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Me and the girlfriend are booked in for a two-week holiday in August. 

One week in Munich and then a week in Strasbourg.

Nice one, enjoy! I often thought about visiting Strasbourg. 

1 hour ago, Spike said:

@Dr. Gonzo is San Diego a good visit?

It depends what you like to do when you travel. But generally speaking, I'd say yeah - the weather is pleasant 90% of the time. Not the most stuff in the world to do though, but if you just like good weather, beaches, hikes and shit like that... it's a good place to visit. I think the biggest downside is I don't think it's the greatest place to go to if you're not renting a car - because it wasn't really designed to a city that's easy to get around. But they're working on it.

48 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It depends what you like to do when you travel. But generally speaking, I'd say yeah - the weather is pleasant 90% of the time. Not the most stuff in the world to do though, but if you just like good weather, beaches, hikes and shit like that... it's a good place to visit. I think the biggest downside is I don't think it's the greatest place to go to if you're not renting a car - because it wasn't really designed to a city that's easy to get around. But they're working on it.

You need a car in every city in America, that is forgone. We are talking about going somewhere, I don’t know what our budget is, I’d like to go somewhere new I suppose

28 minutes ago, Spike said:

You need a car in every city in America, that is forgone. We are talking about going somewhere, I don’t know what our budget is, I’d like to go somewhere new I suppose

Where are you in US of Aiiii again?

8 hours ago, Spike said:

Chicago

I don’t think I’ve ever asked - why Chicago? 

One of my best mates lives in Indiana (not far from Illinois border). Would like to visit him one day but tbh would be years away. 

Edited by Toinho

1 hour ago, Toinho said:

I don’t think I’ve ever asked - why Chicago? 

One of my best mates lives in Indiana (not far from Illinois border). Would like to visit him one day but tbh would be years away. 

My wife is from Chicago

17 hours ago, Spike said:

@Coma I hope you took a ferry and didn't go up via Wisconsin.

No, we drove up the west coast of the lower peninsula so we could stop at Ludington, Sleeping Bear, and Traverse City.  Crossed over the Mackinac bridge.

5 hours ago, Coma said:

No, we drove up the west coast of the lower peninsula so we could stop at Ludington, Sleeping Bear, and Traverse City.  Crossed over the Mackinac bridge.

Nice. I’ve been to Traverse and Mackinac Island