talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I've got the option of changing my original Málaga flight to another destination, so, instead of Barcelona, in early November I'm going to go to....

Tenerife.

I might as well, as it'll still be warm then. Probably highs of 24 and I can change my flight to there instead of cancelling and booking other flights. The air b&bs on offer also look too tempting. 

:D Nice, Chris. Do you already know where in Tenerife? I spent over 3 months there last year, using Puerto de la Cruz as my main base as we wanted to avoid the tourist destinations in the South. Really enjoyed it. The only downside was the timing, as there were still plenty of covid restrictions, so I wasn't able to do everything I wanted to... The most frustrating thing I had to miss out on was the Teide Observatory; it's the largest solar observatory in the world and one of the best observatories overall, but sadly they were closed to visitors at the time I was there :( either way, Teide national park is a must; feels like something completely out of this world! I also went paragliding there, can highly recommend it too... There's also an insane amount of hiking possibilities all over the island, so I'm sure it will be a blast for you too! :D 

• Upvote 1

@nudge you can only fly to the South airport from Manchester so I'm looking at staying down there as my base, although I would have preferred the North myself to be honest. Another factor is the weather is guaranteed to be more favourable in the South in November too. You can also easily get to Teidi from there and also this place, which is where I'm definitely heading:-

Flights have been changed from Málaga to Tenerife sur for the 9th-17th November, so it's definitely happening 🥳. It's also an early flight so I will have plenty of time on my first day.

I was looking at the weather from November last year and if it's the same as that(19 lows, 24 highs), it'll be perfect for doing a bit of everything.

Also nice photos Inga, they look far more professional than the ones the rest of us on here post 🤣. Did you end up going to Masca? 

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

@nudge you can only fly to the South airport from Manchester so I'm looking at staying down there as my base, although I would have preferred the North myself to be honest. Another factor is the weather is guaranteed to be more favourable in the South in November too. You can also easily get to Teidi from there and also this place, which is where I'm definitely heading:-

Flights have been changed from Málaga to Tenerife sur for the 9th-17th November, so it's definitely happening 🥳. It's also an early flight so I will have plenty of time on my first day.

I was looking at the weather from November last year and if it's the same as that(19 lows, 24 highs), it'll be perfect for doing a bit of everything.

Also nice photos Inga, they look far more professional than the ones the rest of us on here post 🤣. Did you end up going to Masca? 

We arrived through Tenerife Sur too, but to be honest you can get pretty much anywhere within an hour anyway, it's not a huge island :D For me it was crazy to see how the landscape changed drastically after like 15 minutes in the car going from the south to the north; felt like ending up on a completely different continent!

We actually skipped Masca, and now I don't even know why, because we visited pretty much every other major attraction in the area between Puerto de la Cruz and Los Gigantes... I think it might have been because the Masca Gorge was closed, so we decided to go somewhere else instead? No idea xD But it looks extremely beautiful, and I really enjoyed the northwest part of the island in general... We main spots we went from Puerto de la Cruz were Icod de los Vinos, Garrachico, Buenavista del Norte, La Orotava, Los Realejos, Teno Rural Park, Santiago del Teide, Las Manchas, Los Gigantes, and, of course, the volcanos - Teide is a must, but my personal favourite was Chinyero volcano & Special Natural Reserve. Extremely quiet, isolated, wild, and the landscapes were absolutely breathtaking - walking through the pine forest into lava fields. I'll see if I can find a few pics on my external hard drive... As for activities other than hiking and sightseeing, we went whale and dolphin watching on a boat from Los Gigantes, quadbiking in the Teide National Park, and I also went paragliding from there. 

Oh by the way - don't forget to book your permit in advance if you want to climb all the way to the peak of Teide! Only a certain number of visitors per day is allowed for conservation reasons, and the spots are filling very quickly; you need to book it online from the Reservas de Parques Nacionales at least a month or so in advance... 

Food & drinks tips: my personal favourite beer there was Mahou. Try papas arrugadas with mojo rojo or almogrote.  Local bananas are very sweet and tasty. Pimientos de padrón go very well with beer. Fish is amazing and you will be spoilt for choice.

You are going to have so much fun! I really loved Tenerife and would like to return some day.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

What happened? not into F1 racing really so I hardly go and read any posts in there.

He missed predictions despite having a week to submit them. Then wasn't given any points.

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

He missed predictions despite having a week to submit them. Then wasn't given any points.

Oh come on, he always predicted right before qualifying, and the forum went down on Friday night. Not his fault, is it.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Oh come on, he always predicted right before qualifying, and the forum went down on Friday night. Not his fault, is it.

Huh? I'm just stating what happened? I never said it was his fault?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, nudge said:

Yeah, you just left out the most important factor in the story xD 

To be fair, it's definitely not his fault the site went down. No-one to blame for that. But it is slightly his fault he would always leave it that late. Rando would/did suggest to even put placeholders in, just in case.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

To be fair, it's definitely not his fault the site went down. No-one to blame for that. But it is slightly his fault he would always leave it that late. Rando would/did suggest to even put placeholders in, just in case.

Personally, I don't get this kind of reasoning. It's strategic to make predictions as late as possible due to potential penalties etc. The rules allow for it as well, so it's not as if anyone is supposed to put placeholders early in the week. Nobody expected the forum to go down, especially for so long, there were no warnings, so it's surely a force majeure event, no? Granted, I don't know why he took it so seriously, either.

Just now, CaaC (John) said:

What?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47lw1zywjhw2yapxzckh

Forum going down before he was able to make his predictions before the qualifying session.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Personally, I don't get this kind of reasoning. It's strategic to make predictions as late as possible due to potential penalties etc. The rules allow for it as well, so it's not as if anyone is supposed to put placeholders early in the week. Nobody expected the forum to go down, especially for so long, there were no warnings, so it's surely a force majeure event, no? Granted, I don't know why he took it so seriously, either.

7 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I agree - it is strategy, for sure. No one is 'supposed' to, of course.

But if it is legit the reason that he's not logged on for ages since it happened because he's pissed off, I think he just needs to let it go now!

• Subscriber

To add to that, the dedicated F1 predictions/fantasy sites always made the results void if there were technical issues preventing people from predicting in time (even if others predicted early and weren't affected). So I guess he's pissed because he feels it was unfair.

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, nudge said:

Granted, I don't know why he took it so seriously, either.

To be fair, we don't know if that is the reason why he stopped posting, he might be a bit of a screwball sometimes but I hope he is ok and hope it's nothing to do with a family crisis or whatnot?

Edited by CaaC (John)
Spacing correction

• 3 weeks later...