talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

On 16/02/2023 at 23:47, Eco said:

We are considering going to Portugal/Spain for the a couple of weeks in the summer, but we are also considering New Zealand later in the year. Certainly won't do both, but we are likely doing one.

Why don't you leave Spain until the football season starts in late September and attend a game? Spanish weather, especially in the South, is beautiful at that time of the year and the tourism isn't as high either since all the kids are back at school after the holidays. In saying that, it all depends on when you yourself can go, given how I'm guessing you will be taking the kids with you.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Why don't you leave Spain until the football season starts in late September and attend a game? Spanish weather, especially in the South, is beautiful at that time of the year and the tourism isn't as high either since all the kids are back at school after the holidays. In saying that, it all depends on when you yourself can go, given how I'm guessing you will be taking the kids with you.

Yeah - I'd love to time it up with a week that maybe Atletico has a midweek game so that we can attend a couple of matches.

Likely wouldn't be taking the daughter though, so that'd make it easier.

1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I considered going this summer but was concerned about it being hot and too touristy. This confirms my suspicions. 

First draft schedule for Dominican Republic

April 5th-7th - arrival in Santo Domingo, exploring
April 8th - La Romana day trip
April 9th-13th - Santiago De Los Caballeros and the surroundings
April 14th - Return to Santo Domingo and rest
April 15th - To the Haiti border
April 16th - Final day in Santo Domingo
April 17th -- Return to Peru

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Goku de la Boca said:

First draft schedule for Dominican Republic

April 5th-7th - arrival in Santo Domingo, exploring
April 8th - La Romana day trip
April 9th-13th - Santiago De Los Caballeros and the surroundings
April 14th - Return to Santo Domingo and rest
April 15th - To the Haiti border
April 16th - Final day in Santo Domingo
April 17th -- Return to Peru

Relax and enjoy your traveling. ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

You've gone up in my estimations @Danny. San Sebastian is absolutely beautiful. Glad you mentioned, and experienced, the pintxos. Love how many different varieties you can get in any place you go.

It's just a lovely place to relax and take in the world, and just to enjoy yourself in the beautiful surroundings. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

You've gone up in my estimations @Danny. San Sebastian is absolutely beautiful. Glad you mentioned, and experienced, the pintxos. Love how many different varieties you can get in any place you go.

It's just a lovely place to relax and take in the world, and just to enjoy yourself in the beautiful surroundings. 

I have so many things to say about this place but I’ve just had the cheesecake from la vina and had it topped with a caramel tasing fortified wine and it was fucking mesmeric 

12 hours ago, nudge said:

I love your enthusiasm, @Danny. Great review, and sounds like a lovely place... Upload some pics to imgur and then post the link here!

Forgot image uploading was a thing, will get some pictures up

1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

How long are you there for and are you planning on exporing Bilbao while there too? @Danny

On another note, this time in 4 weeks:

Today is our final day here, back home tomorrow. Not been to Bilbao though it was on the cards, felt there was gunna be too much travelling with Biarritz and San Sebastián so gave it a miss. Definitely will be making the trip over there at some point though!

Been trying to speak (very limited) Spanish whilst here, did try Basque but not all the workers are from the region. They appreciate a Kaixo and Eskerrick Asko though. When I say I’ve tried to speak the language it’s essentially been variations of “kaixo, puede tenner dos ___ y ____ por favor”. No idea how formal or informal it is but I feel like I speak 7 languages when the waiter doesn’t have to resort to speaking English lol

19 hours ago, Tommy said:

Tuçepi, near Makarska.

Anyway, greetings from Croatia.

20230531_195255.jpg

20230531_194501.jpg

20230531_111429.jpg

Had to look this place up.  Looks comparable to Italy honestly.  It's on that long stretch of land I like to call "fuck you Bosnia & Herzegovina".

@Tommy Looks great mate. Brings back a lot of memories from our holiday in Makarska last September. 

I think between the pics you'll take and mine somewhere in this thread, we have enough to convince this lot to go there xD 

Best waters in Europe hands down for me and I include Greece in that.

Enjoy!

Edited by Lucas
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Coma said:

It's on that long stretch of land I like to call "fuck you Bosnia & Herzegovina".

Yeah, we took a day trip over the border, mainly to go to Mostar and see the bridge and that.

Great views for sure but what a load of hassle to cross the border and wasn't massively keen on the vibe of the place when there. Couldn't relax.

Never again.

Edited by Lucas

• Subscriber

Took a weekend roadtrip up to Whistler, BC for 3 nights. The Sea to Sky Highway is a beautiful drive this time of year, we also stopped a bunch along the way up (only roughly a 2 and 1/2 hour drive total). Been waiting for my passport renewal as the bastards went on strike in the middle of me mailing it in. 

DSC_0643.JPG

DSC_0704.JPG

DSC_0693_1.JPG

• Like 2