talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Venice booked for August. Can't wait.

You should be worried. The way people are over there you'll be accused of being mafia and killed or the freemasons will suspect you of conspiracy and poison your drink.

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

I guess we'll find out this evening. If they kill another Townie I will roll around laughing until I get a sixpack 

Haha if only I could tell you what I know. Roll on 5

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 10:28 PM, Aaroncpfc said:

Went to Dublin last weekend to celebrate over a year with my Girlfriend.

If you are thinking of going to Dublin I do recommend staying in the hotel we stayed in called The Clarence Hotel. It's very spacious, fair priced, it backs on to Temple Bar, they've got a great bar and restaurant, and to top it off it's owned by U2 and they're known to regularly frequent the bar when in The City.

Drinking & Nightlife

Temple Bar is everything you'd want from a drinking street in Ireland. Pubs and Restaurants everywhere. Everybody is overly friendly. Drinking is expensive. Even for someone that lives in London I thought the drinking was expensive. You're looking at on average around six euros ninety for a pint of Guiness. If you go with a female tell her spirits are a no no. They charge you for the vodka and then the drink so they can cost more than nine euros. Despite being a Rugby location watching any sporting event was easy as they're not bounded by the shitty UK laws. Every other pub had the football and the boxing on when it was Saturday.

Tourism

The Guiness Tour was as good as you'd expect. Was pretty surprised you could only have one Guiness with your voucher so you had to choose between pouring your own pint or getting a drink in The Gravity Bar. But they made the tour as good as they possibly could make it. We also visited Trinity College, The Goal, and the shopping centre whilst we were there. Trinity College felt a bit expensive just to effectively look at a scroll but the Victorian Goal was a great visit even if it was a decent walk away from the Temple Bar Street. If you're going away as a couple for more than three days I do recommend the coach tour around Wicklow Mountains. It took a whole day but that was definitely the highlight from the tourism perspective.

I'd definitely recommend going. I'm not really one for sightseeing or walking but Dublin was a great experience full of interesting people and places which made it an enjoyable experience. Just remember what I said about the spirits.

Glad you enjoyed Dublin. My GF surprised me and took me away to Dublin last November. I'd never been and was gagging to go. Honestly, couldn't agree with you more. Loved Temple Bar and all the pubs down that cobbly road, the atmosphere when we went was fantastic. No trouble, friendly people, live music everywhere which I bloody love.

We also did the Guiness tour which is something you have to do really. Was ok, glad we did it because I found it very interesting, especially the taster room, but the sky bar at the top was far too packed time we went up to sample a brew.

We actually went to the Rugby to watch Ireland v Australia which was brilliant and the Zoo. Probably one of the best Zoo's I've been too.

As for this year, I did Budapest in February which was a beautiful city. Loved the ruin bars. Szimpla Kert is without doubt one of the quirkiest places I've ever been to for a drink.

And last weekend we went to Barcelona. Did everything from the Nou Camp tour, Casa Batllo, Segrada Familla, Park Guell to even going to Barca v Valencia Sunday night. Thoroughly recommend.

Florida in April, Berlin in June and Lisbon in September all booked. Really going for it this year...

4 hours ago, Lucas said:

As for this year, I did Budapest in February which was a beautiful city. Loved the ruin bars. Szimpla Kert is without doubt one of the quirkiest places I've ever been to for a drink.

Did Budapest in February too. Agree, Szimpla Kert is great

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Talk to me about Croatia, those who have been.

Thinking about doing a little bit of the islands after the election sometime. At the moment planned a route of Dubrovnik-Korcula-Hvar-Split, 9 days all in all - is that enough time? Should I be going somewhere else? Any recommendations.

Went to Rome last weekend, very touristy as you'd expect but a simply stunning city. 

Managed to blag a free holiday to Tenerife from the 22nd-29th December from my parents, so will be booking that soon. 

Fancy another city break and a European city break for football next season between now and December though. Not sure where, I fancy somewhere a bit out of the ordinary, maybe Nuremberg or Poland. 

33 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Went to Rome last weekend, very touristy as you'd expect but a simply stunning city. 

Managed to blag a free holiday to Tenerife from the 22nd-29th December from my parents, so will be booking that soon. 

Fancy another city break and a European city break for football next season between now and December though. Not sure where, I fancy somewhere a bit out of the ordinary, maybe Nuremberg or Poland. 

Tenerife is a good laugh, cheapest place I've ever been in Europe apart from Kharkiv. €20 a night and was in some belter states, that was when I was a big fat cunt and could put my peeve away too.

11 minutes ago, Any O'Brien said:

Tenerife is a good laugh, cheapest place I've ever been in Europe apart from Kharkiv. €20 a night and was in some belter states, that was when I was a big fat cunt and could put my peeve away too.

Been before, Parents have timeshare over there, absolute blinder of a place for a drink. I've had some good nights there. Should be quality over Christmas. 

• Subscriber

Planning a week or two holiday in Ireland next time I'm back to Europe, most likely next year. A friend wants to rent a campervan and go around a bit, we're thinking Wild Atlantic Way, it looks absolutely stunning.

Before that, I hope to see more of Vietnam and Laos.

Strongly considering a South American trip next year. My Aussie/Chilean mate is heading back and has asked if I wanna do it with him. Would be a great laugh with him (and he speaks Spanish). However, to do it I need to try save this year and then somehow take a break from teaching for a few months. 

Planning a get away for the school holidays in 8 weeks time too. Maybe pop over into Asia or the east of Oz.