talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

Looks like hotel prices have shot up in Amsterdam for the start of April and there aren't too many options. But I've still got that at top my list as I fancy going 1 last time before going somewhere else. It's becoming contagious..

Barcelona was the original idea for then but it's difficult finding flights unless I go from Liverpool, but even though it's as close to me as Manchester is, it's a farse to get to(abd even worse coming back) via train. 

It looks like I might have to go Lisbon at this rate... @Machado

How did you manage to reach San Sebastian @Stan? I've looked into it before in the past and it seems like a ballache to get to? 

Edited by The Rebel CRS

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Looks like hotel prices have shot up in Amsterdam for the start of April and there aren't too many options. But I've still got that at top my list as I fancy going 1 last time before going somewhere else. It's becoming contagious..

Barcelona was the original idea for then but it's difficult finding flights unless I go from Liverpool, but even though it's as close to me as Manchester is, it's a farse to get to(abd even worse coming back) via train. 

How did you manage to reach San Sebastian @Stan? I've looked into it before in the past and it seems like a ballache to get to? 

Easyjet do Manchester to Bilbao, and there's a coach to San Sebastian that takes an hour and ten minutes.

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

You can stay out of the centre of Amsterdam, West or East of the city is quite cheaper but the centre hotels will set you back 200-400 euros a night depending where it is.

Edited by Panna King

On 14/02/2019 at 21:45, The Rebel CRS said:

When taking a few sneaky pics down there(but not of the prostitutes themselves, I wouldn't do that out of respect to be fair), a bunch of Hells Angels walked past and got in the way of it:-

kfDm8ka.jpg

xD

Mostly there are a lot of biker groups, mainly Germans that come in to Amsterdam. 

58 minutes ago, Panna King said:

You can stay out of the centre of Amsterdam, West or East of the city is quite cheaper but the centre hotels will set you back 200-400 euros a night depending where it is.

The last 2 times I stayed in a hotel near the Lelylaan train station, so it was a bit out of the centre(but easy to get to via tram), but I can't find any rooms there that night and wouldn't have minded staying in a different area this time either way.

1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

Easyjet do Manchester to Bilbao, and there's a coach to San Sebastian that takes an hour and ten minutes.

I will look into that then mate. I suppose if you did it that way, you could stay in Bilbao for 5 hours or so before getting the coach, barring you can get an early enough flight.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Drove from Biscarrosse. Was a few hours drive but we were staying in south-west France anyway and had planned 2 days away. Drove in the morning, got there by midday, had lots of pintxos and beers for lunch, walked round the beach and walked up some route so you can get aerial views of the city (Can see Sociedad's ground). Then went out in the evening. Such a lovely place. The Airbnb we stayed in was so good as well, only cost about 100 euros a night, but split between 5 of us was so cheap. 

I'd definitely go again for much longer though. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Toinho said:

This could be its own topic but what are your top 5 places you’ve ever visited? 

Barcelona 

Amsterdam

Langkawi

Vegas

South Africa. 

No particular order. 

• Upvote 1

football forum
7 hours ago, Toinho said:

Hard as they change so often. 

- Norway (more specifically Flam). I adore the country and everything about it, to the sunshine at 11:00 at night to the culture of the people. I'd happily emigrate there to be honest.

- Russia (St. Petersburg). Really enjoyed Russia, such a difference from everyday life in England. A beautiful city with great people even if half of them do look like fucking nutters. 

- Montenegro (Kotor). Quiet, peaceful and stunning to look at. I've been to most of the old Yugoslavia and haven't found a place that I didn't like. 

- Croatia (Everywhere). As above, been to a few parts of Croatia (Split, Dubrovnik, Sibenik and Zadar are my favourites there). Again, the old Yugoslavian counties are stunning so would recommend them to anyone. 

- Venice - I loved Venice from the minute I set foot in it and have had the same feeling each time I've been, a wonderful city that is unique for obvious reasons, full of history and bursting with people. It's strange to think that in years to come it will all be underwater. 

* Special mentions to; Monaco, Barcelona, Florence and Copenhagen.

20 hours ago, Stan said:

Drove from Biscarrosse. Was a few hours drive but we were staying in south-west France anyway and had planned 2 days away. Drove in the morning, got there by midday, had lots of pintxos and beers for lunch, walked round the beach and walked up some route so you can get aerial views of the city (Can see Sociedad's ground). Then went out in the evening. Such a lovely place. The Airbnb we stayed in was so good as well, only cost about 100 euros a night, but split between 5 of us was so cheap. 

I'd definitely go again for much longer though.  

It definitely seems worth looking into to as it's a beautiful looking place. Bilbao is also another worth visiting do you could kill 2 birds with 1 stone there. Hotels probably aren't too expensive either.

20 hours ago, Tommy said:

Finally finished scrolling through Rebel's pics. I am now 43 years old.

Look on the bright side:- you don't need to visit there now as you have literally seen everything..

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Look on the bright side:- you don't need to visit there now as you have literally seen everything..

Haha, been there twice. Once with family back in 2005, and with friends 2 or 3 years ago. Riding around the city with bicycles was definitely an adventure. Bicycles are serious business to the dutch. 

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Toinho said:

Thailand - everywhere from the mountainous northern areas with cooler climate and different cultures (Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Lampang) to the valleys and rivers and rich history of central Thailand (Ayuthaya, Kanchanburi, Lopburi) to the coastal provinces and islands; I just love it and it's definitely one of my most favourite countries overall. Brilliant food, amazing nature, bustling nightlife and (mostly) friendly people.

Eifel region (Germany) - the mountainous range with cozy little towns and tiny villages stacked in countless valleys and other amazing landscapes with lush forests, flowing rivers, natural mineral springs and blue crater lakes, windy hill roads, numerous castles, remains of Celt and Roman structures and houses dating from the Middles Ages. The national park is teeming with wildlife, the region is rich in culture and history and then of course there is Nürburgring... That's where I used to spend most of my time in Germany growing up and it's extremely beautiful at any time of the year (especially in autumn).

Kep (Cambodia) - a small coastal town in South Cambodia near the border with Vietnam. Quiet, clean and very picturesque with mountains of the national park in the background and a long coastline with mangrove marshes and rocky beaches. Also amazing seafood, incredible sunsets, laid back flair, a lot of hiking trails and a few nearby islands to explore. 

Austria - I haven't spent much time in one particular place but the whole country boasts an absolutely breathtaking nature dominated by glaciers, lakes and of course the Alps, but also scenic cities and small charming towns that offer everything that one could desire in terms of culture, historic attractions and nightlife. Great food and beer and I also like the people and their mentality.

Curonian Spit and the nearby city of Klaipeda (Lithuania) - an elongated sand dune peninsula in the Baltic Sea that's also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Massive travelling dunes, lovely natural beaches with amber washing out on the shore after storm, pine scent everywhere and a handful of protected traditional fishermen villages and old trade villages dating from 10th-11th century. Nothing much to do here other than enjoy the nature and relax in quite resorts, but the nearby city of Klaipeda (my birthplace ^_^) serves for other cultural and entertainment needs. The distinctly German-style Old town with cobbled streets and unique Fachwerk style buildings is particularly nice and the whole city has a very relaxed flair.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Haha, been there twice. Once with family back in 2005, and with friends 2 or 3 years ago. Riding around the city with bicycles was definitely an adventure. Bicycles are serious business to the dutch. 

Fuck that, I would end up in a serious accident if I was to start cycling around there xD

On 14/02/2019 at 21:37, Stan said:

Ah brings back many memories actually seeing some of those places again!

Surprised you got away with taking pictures on Red Light district. Not usually allowed so you must have been quick!

Was thinking the same thing. I basically read no cameras or you're going to get fucked (and not in the good way). 

I've been to Amsterdam twice. I'm going again in March on a 4 night cruise because my friend works for Carnival and got us a dirt cheap deal. We are actually there on the Sunday night when Holland play Germany in a qualifier, cannot wait for that atmosphere.

Nothing will ever beat my first memory though. Walking into a sex show, seeing two 11/10 blonde girls on stage, a double ended dildo and Sonne by Rammstein playing in the background.

I was mesmerized.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

football forum
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Nothing will ever beat my first memory though. Walking into a sex show, seeing two 11/10 blonde lads on stage, a double ended dildo and Uptown Girl playing in the background.

I was mesmerized.

Each to their own.

6 hours ago, Lucas said:

I've been to Amsterdam twice. I'm going again in March on a 4 night cruise because my friend works for Carnival and got us a dirt cheap deal. We are actually there on the Sunday night when Holland play Germany in a qualifier, cannot wait for that atmosphere.

Nothing will ever beat my first memory though. Walking into a sex show, seeing two 11/10 blonde girls on stage, a double ended dildo and Sonne by Rammstein playing in the background.

I was mesmerized.

One of their best songs. 

I soenhow haven’t been to a sex show, and I’ve been to Amsterdam twice. Looks like I’ll have to go back. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm off to Punta Arenas in Chile in July, August or November. I haven't decided yet. The former 2, it will be winter and is said to be the best time to visit the southern town, but the latter I'll be able to do the Cape Froward trek (literally the end of the continent).

For those wondering where Punta Arenas is on a map...

6c66e08785ad103f570b8d45793d0359.png