talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

Just a question, for holiday makers who love the beach. How can you go abroard and sit on a beach for so long? I know people who go away for a week and just literally sit on a beach for 7 days. Couldn't do this myself, have tried it but got bored after 5 minutes, prefer to be on the move myself.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Just a question, for holiday makers who love the beach. How can you go abroard and sit on a beach for so long? I know people who go away for a week and just literally sit on a beach for 7 days. Couldn't do this myself, have tried it but got bored after 5 minutes, prefer to be on the move myself.

I can't/don't do this because I ended up looking like a burnt Sri Lankan.

• Haha 1

On 15/03/2019 at 19:40, nudge said:

You'd be surprised how much of it actually comes from ignorance and fear of the unknown. The latter is part of human nature and also one of the main reasons why people resist change so I get that. What I personally struggle to understand is how some people seem to have absolutely no interest in expanding their horizons and appear to have no curiosity whatsoever.

I was like that when I was asked if I wanted to go to Morocco (though I know that it's one of the more 'westernised' countries in Africa), but decided to go there and was glad I did as I really enjoyed it (bar the early morning call to prayers ¬¬). Even managed a kick around in a local square with some kids..... before they got booted off by the adults wanting a game. All thanks to our genuine Abidas football). 

On 21/03/2019 at 11:07, MUFC said:

John Lewis, seems reasonable and a safe bet.

Got mine from John Lewis the last couple of times as they appeared to be the best rates available on the high street, though the rates are generally quite poor at the moment. 

6 hours ago, nudge said:

I love the beach but hate sunbathing. So when I'm there, it's either swimming or drinking beer/cocktails in the shade for me. A beach BBQ with fresh seafood at night is also great.

Same. I don't mind the beach but I burn far too easily and would look like I ended up as part of the BBQ. 

Only possible holiday being discussed so far with me is Iceland in December. Waiting until next week for more flight details before looking into it further. Could be one of my last holidays depending on circumstances. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Stan said:

I can't/don't do this because I ended up looking like a burnt Sri Lankan.

Bro. Trying having shit pale English skin and living in Australia where the ozone layer is so thin I get burnt walking to the letter box. 

54 minutes ago, Toinho said:

My parents just got back from Samoa. Seems like an interesting place! I’m going to that J place in 3 weeks. 

Nice snack when made properly, like them while watching movies. 

• Subscriber

I like getting a tan but I don't have the patience to sunbathe for very long these days. I'm not sure why. When I was younger I could sit out in the sun and bake for hours but now I get too twitchy and bored even if I'm reading or whatever.

On 23/03/2019 at 21:36, Berserker said:

Yeah mate we have everything, it's a nature lover paradise.

I seriously don't get how travellers like @nudge and @Toinho haven't been there.

As I've said before, my only problem is hating actually travelling to places itself. Long flights would seriously kill me as I can barely even manage 4 hour flights. I don't have a fear of flying but it's the sheer boredom and lack of comfort for 15 hours or whatever. It would be a killer and I can feel my back aching like a cunt just by thinking about it xD.

I think I'm going to just put up with it and go somewhere in 2020, I'm not sure where yet but probably the USA or Mexico as they'd be a good start.

As for recent tips, Amsterdam again next wednesday then I was going to book Barcelona/Tarragona joint adventure for June or so, fuck it.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I seriously don't get how travellers like @nudge and @Toinho haven't been there.

As I've said before, my only problem is hating actually travelling to places itself. Long flights would seriously kill me as I can barely even manage 4 hour flights. I don't have a fear of flying but it's the sheer boredom and lack of comfort for 15 hours or whatever. It would be a killer and I can feel my back aching like a cunt just by thinking about it xD.

For me it's mainly two factors; namely the budget available and the fact that I prefer staying in one place for longer time, especially when going overseas... Travelling Europe as a European is easy due to good and affordable transport links. I did a lot of it with my dad and went on countless road trips with friends; we also hitchhiked a few times when we were teens. Going to other continents requires way more time and money, and since Southeast Asia has always been my priority, I never really considered South America although I'd love to visit it one day. I want to properly explore China and Central Asia first though.

Hate long-haul flights as well :7_sweat_smile: I'm due one in a few months time and the thought of spending almost 20 hours on a plane again is unnerving. 

20 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I like getting a tan but I don't have the patience to sunbathe for very long these days. I'm not sure why. When I was younger I could sit out in the sun and bake for hours but now I get too twitchy and bored even if I'm reading or whatever.

Any pics?

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

For me it's mainly two factors; namely the budget available and the fact that I prefer staying in one place for longer time, especially when going overseas... Travelling Europe as a European is easy due to good and affordable transport links. I did a lot of it with my dad and went on countless road trips with friends; we also hitchhiked a few times when we were teens. Going to other continents requires way more time and money, and since Southeast Asia has always been my priority, I never really considered South America although I'd love to visit it one day. I want to properly explore China and Central Asia first though.

Hate long-haul flights as well :7_sweat_smile: I'm due one in a few months time and the thought of spending almost 20 hours on a plane again is unnerving. 

Ahh so you're finally coming over to England to have a drink with me then? ;)

You see, I'm more attracted by the other side of the world, such as The Caribbean, some South American countries, Mexico, certain US states and even Canada rather than Asia, or even Australia.  That said, if everything was free and you could walk into a machine which magically took you to another country within minutes, then I would be up for visiting most of the world, although that's not possible and you have to go through hours of hell on flights and burn holes in your pockets..

47 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Going the Maldives next year and going to pay a bit extra and get on the planes that you can lie down on and proper walk around upstairs with a bar etc. I don't mind flying like you but couldn't sit in a chair or be on a proper commercial flight for any longer than 4-5 hours. 

How much extra are you talking mate? You will have to let me know what it's like, who you fly with and what not and then I will look into it myself as that would be spot on. I'd just drink for half the flight then sleep for the other.

Ferry is the best way of travel as there is shitloads to do in order to pass time. The problem is, you can't go too far in one or it'll take you all fucking year xD.

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I think I'm going to just put up with it and go somewhere in 2020, I'm not sure where yet but probably the USA or Mexico as they'd be a good start.

As for recent tips, Amsterdam again next wednesday then I was going to book Barcelona/Tarragona joint adventure for June or so, fuck it.

They plan to come sometime. I hate commercial flights too, mainly because of the no-smoking and the sheer boredom too mate.

2 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Am honoured to be mentioned in the same breath as @nudge.

South America is on top of my list mate. I almost went in January but when I do go I want to go for longer than the 3-4 weeks I could’ve gone for earlier this Year. My mate who was born in chile went back in December/January but his itinerary and what I wanted to do just didn’t match.

I’ve  got to get to Peru/chile/Argentina/Brazil etc soon. But I think it’ll require me leaving my job to do it properly and with a gf too it makes it harder.

edit: plus from Perth to say Argentina I’d be in transit for almost two days unless I paid insane money ($3k) and even then it’s like 30 hours. 

Edited by Toinho