• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Batard

The Holiday Thread

Recommended Posts

Japan’s been good so far. Can’t believe I haven’t been before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Got to Dubai Tuesday morning, mixing it up. Places to eat, beach, roof-top pool, Dubai Marina (full of rich snobs). Loads of walking during the day, is fucking hot, got nice garden outside the hotel though.

Cruise meal was awesome, some immense sexy women around. Short skirts, cleavage hanging out, and beautiful manicured feet with nice painted toe-nails.

One women on Jumeriah beach was bathing face down without a bra, had to jump in the pool and cool off.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am back, Dubai was expensive in December 2015, but now even more due to a lower exchange rate. If you go for around 10 to 14 days, to really enjoy yourself you need to take at least 2 grand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

90% chance I'll return to Croatia later this month. I was there 7 times as a kid, and only once after the Yugoslavian war, in 1997. 

 

I'll definitely visit Dubrovnik (King's Landing in GoT) :D

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently on a 2 week trip to Majorca, it’s my first time doing Spain “all inclusive” as we’ve got the kids and I have to say I’m embarrassed to be a Brit, we’ve gone 3 star and it shows, the facilities and food are great but it’s wall to wall chavs covered in shit tats and air max with an obesity problem. The Mrs tells me it’s always like this but I’m a virgin to this type of holiday and shocked tbh. Also Glaswegians utterly horrifying, one cunt has UVF inked on his knuckles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Currently on a 2 week trip to Majorca, it’s my first time doing Spain “all inclusive” as we’ve got the kids and I have to say I’m embarrassed to be a Brit, we’ve gone 3 star and it shows, the facilities and food are great but it’s wall to wall chavs covered in shit tats and air max with an obesity problem. The Mrs tells me it’s always like this but I’m a virgin to this type of holiday and shocked tbh. Also Glaswegians utterly horrifying, one cunt has UVF inked on his knuckles. 

Well that doesn't bode well for my trip there in October xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Currently on a 2 week trip to Majorca, it’s my first time doing Spain “all inclusive” as we’ve got the kids and I have to say I’m embarrassed to be a Brit, we’ve gone 3 star and it shows, the facilities and food are great but it’s wall to wall chavs covered in shit tats and air max with an obesity problem. The Mrs tells me it’s always like this but I’m a virgin to this type of holiday and shocked tbh. Also Glaswegians utterly horrifying, one cunt has UVF inked on his knuckles. 

Your missus is right, sounds just like my trip to Majorca as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Your missus is right, sounds just like my trip to Majorca as well

Facilities and food are great just the people, also have German chavs to all Bayern fans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Your missus is right, sounds just like my trip to Majorca as well

Yep felt the same when I was there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Facilities and food are great just the people, also have German chavs to all Bayern fans

Yeah, that's the thing about those all inclusive places. They're great, but yeah... there's something about "typical" holiday destinations like Majorca and those all inclusive resorts, they see so many tourists that they bring in all the chavs out on holiday.

I remember having the same "oh god, it's embarrassing being British" feeling when I was there too. Fuck 'em though, you're on holiday. Enjoy yourself mate, it's time off with your family over the next couple of weeks in an all inclusive resort. Have a good time! Do your best to ignore embarrassing dickheads,  they're not actually a reflection of you (even though it made me think "aw fuck, I hope people don't think I'm like them just because I'm also English") so really they shouldn't embarrass us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, that's the thing about those all inclusive places. They're great, but yeah... there's something about "typical" holiday destinations like Majorca and those all inclusive resorts, they see so many tourists that they bring in all the chavs out on holiday.

I remember having the same "oh god, it's embarrassing being British" feeling when I was there too. Fuck 'em though, you're on holiday. Enjoy yourself mate, it's time off with your family over the next couple of weeks in an all inclusive resort. Have a good time! Do your best to ignore embarrassing dickheads,  they're not actually a reflection of you (even though it made me think "aw fuck, I hope people don't think I'm like them just because I'm also English") so really they shouldn't embarrass us.

Oh I got over it, just took me back the state of it. We have an obesity crisis in the U.K. too massive issue it’s becoming like the states

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/05/2019 at 19:17, Tommy said:

90% chance I'll return to Croatia later this month. I was there 7 times as a kid, and only once after the Yugoslavian war, in 1997. 

 

I'll definitely visit Dubrovnik (King's Landing in GoT) :D

Dubrovnik is lovely, as is the rest of Croatia. I've just booked to go back there as one of my holidays this year actually. 

9 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Currently on a 2 week trip to Majorca, it’s my first time doing Spain “all inclusive” as we’ve got the kids and I have to say I’m embarrassed to be a Brit, we’ve gone 3 star and it shows, the facilities and food are great but it’s wall to wall chavs covered in shit tats and air max with an obesity problem. The Mrs tells me it’s always like this but I’m a virgin to this type of holiday and shocked tbh. Also Glaswegians utterly horrifying, one cunt has UVF inked on his knuckles. 

Wouldn't stay anything less than four stars for the reasons stated above. Sounds horrendous and not something I'd put myself through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Facilities and food are great just the people, also have German chavs to all Bayern fans

Whereabouts on Mallorca are you? It's a beautiful island, with many beautiful family owned Hotels and Hostels, that can even be great if they only have 2 stars. It just depends on the region. 

23 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Dubrovnik is lovely, as is the rest of Croatia. I've just booked to go back there as one of my holidays this year actually. 

I know, I've been to Durovnik several times but last time I was 12. So it will be a different experience now. I'll also visit Mostar again, which is now in Herzigowina I believe. Beautiful, beautiful place. The place my Hotel is at is called Tucepi, at the Makarska Riviera. Beautiful place in itself too. Right along the Biokovo Mountains at the beautiful adriatic sea. Can't wait! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering Liguria for a short late summer holiday. Seeing all this enthusiasm about Croatia now I might just go there instead though xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nudge said:

Considering Liguria for a short late summer holiday. Seeing all this enthusiasm about Croatia now I might just go there instead though xD 

Definitely go in the low season then. Croatia has become very expensive. I remember 30 years ago my parents paid like 1200 Deutschmark for 3 people and 3 a week stay. Now you're lucky if you get a 1 week stay for 2 for that kind of money.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Definitely go in the low season then. Croatia has become very expensive. I remember 30 years ago my parents paid like 1200 Deutschmark for 3 people and 3 a week stay. Now you're lucky if you get that for 2 people and 1 week. 

Yeah I've been kind of spoiled with quality of choices here as I can get a deluxe room or even a suite with a whirlpool or a private plunge pool in a 4 star hotel for 50-80$ a night depending on season haha. I've been looking for hotels in Europe for a few nights when I arrive and a similar price gets me a windowless tiny room in a budget hotel with very few amenities lol. Not impressed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, nudge said:

gets me a windowless tiny room in a budget hotel with very few amenities lol. 

 

Haha, I've had that on Malta. For 11 days. It was such a good deal, like 365 Euros, half board, and as mentioned 11 days. I had 3 beds, a tiny flat screen TV, but a just a tiny window that faced... the inside of the hotel, if that makes sense? I don't know how to call it. I just saw a few pipes and the kitchen staff always had their breaks on the ground. 

That was my view:

rAchjaM.jpg

747Xycj.jpg

I mean, for that kind of money, it was totally okay, but I love myself a good view from a balcony on vacation xD

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Oh I got over it, just took me back the state of it. We have an obesity crisis in the U.K. too massive issue it’s becoming like the states

Yeah my fiancé was shocked that Brits can also be fat fucking slobs like in the US

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Dubrovnik is lovely, as is the rest of Croatia. I've just booked to go back there as one of my holidays this year actually. 

Wouldn't stay anything less than four stars for the reasons stated above. Sounds horrendous and not something I'd put myself through.

It’s great facilities & food and there’s nice families to it was just a bit shocking first 48 hours. It’s a 3* waterpark hotel me the Mrs & 2 kids 2 weeks all inclusive was £720 x3 my boy was free. 

It’s ideal in May because mine are under 5 and it’s about 20-25 degrees. They don’t notice it and they’re enjoying themselves. 

@Tommy Cala millor on the east coast 

19 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah my fiancé was shocked that Brits can also be fat fucking slobs like in the US

Costs the NHS millions, body positivity is a crock of shit. It’s being called “fat cunt” that got me down the gym years ago 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Cala millor

Ah okay, I'm on the other side of the island south of Palma and the airport but it also means I'm closer to Magaluf so maybe I will see the same as you xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any warm destinations that people recommend for January? Excluding Australia and NZ and I have no interest in bali. What’s the south of Europe like that time of year? Cold?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Any warm destinations that people recommend for January? Excluding Australia and NZ and I have no interest in bali. What’s the south of Europe like that time of year? Cold?

Yeah, around 10-15C degrees. So cold for you. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toinho said:

Any warm destinations that people recommend for January? Excluding Australia and NZ and I have no interest in bali. What’s the south of Europe like that time of year? Cold?

Cuba!

I haven't been but want to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, nudge said:

Cuba!

I haven't been but want to.

Quick search I couldn’t find a flight under $3000 😂

  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Toinho said:

Any warm destinations that people recommend for January? Excluding Australia and NZ and I have no interest in bali. What’s the south of Europe like that time of year? Cold?

South Africa or Namibia, been to the later and can't praise it enough, very beautiful country.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Toinho said:

Quick search I couldn’t find a flight under $3000 😂

Wow... That's a lot. I just checked for flights from Germany out of interest and found a nice "all inclusive" package with flights + 7 nights in a 4 star hotel in Santa Clara for less than 600€ per person :D 

Tempted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/05/2019 at 05:40, Toinho said:

Any warm destinations that people recommend for January? Excluding Australia and NZ and I have no interest in bali. What’s the south of Europe like that time of year? Cold?

I'd say Iqaluit or Nuuk in December-March. I'm actually going to the former but in July. Hear it's a great beach destination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement