talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

6 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Booked to go to Tenerife at the start of August. Nice and cheap 7 days away for a little break from work. Never been before.

Can't go wrong with the Canaries to be fair. Brilliant water park there if that's your thing.

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Can't go wrong with the Canaries to be fair. Brilliant water park there if that's your thing.

I've never been to Tenerife but have been to Gran Canaria and Lanzarote. Lanzarote was nice, but boring, although Gran Canaria was amazing from what I can remember of it now.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

46 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I've never been to Tenerife but have been to Gran Canaria and Lanzarote. Lanzarote was nice, but boring, although Gran Canaria was amazing from what I can remember of it now.

Haven't been to Gran Canaria actually but have done Tenerife, Fuerteventura and Lanzarote. Agree on the latter, definitely not on the level of the others, more quieter for sure.

Fuerteventura is my favourite purely for the beaches, sand dunes and snorkelling aspect.

20181012_144708.thumb.jpg.0fadf85e365d0ded15e707ef9e520bc8.jpg

20181113_035425.thumb.jpg.a0996ee4d5ee8ded51a27fdbc76e944e.jpg20181012_170556.thumb.jpg.dce6a6cfca16b3eaed0f9778469cb9ec.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Rather then a new thread, have you hunks and hunnies been to many theme parks? 

Not a fan of theme parks but I'd looooove to go to the new Star Wars one... 

On 19/06/2019 at 14:22, Toinho said:

1480725243984.jpgLooking into a week away in January to little known overseas Australian territory the Cocos (Keeling) Islands. Very close to Christmas Island. Been to neither. Have a little google of the Cocos (Keeling) Islands! Not a lot of flights out of Perth there nor are they cheap but looks lovely. 

Gonna book this weekend... 600 people inhabit the islands...

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, MUFC said:

Yeah, Disney (Paris, Tokyo), Disney Sea, Universal Osaka, Fuji Q Highlands, A whole bunch in Oz. But, these days I’m not a huge rollercoaster man. I get vertigo or some shit half the time be.

7 hours ago, Toinho said:

Gonna book this weekend... 600 people inhabit the islands...

Looks beaut. I'd love to do some snorkelling there with the water that clear.

Kinda reminds me of the Whitsundays and Fraser Island when I was there.

• Subscriber
On 27/06/2019 at 18:21, MUFC said:

This would actually make a good new thread. Grown to love theme parks a bit more over the past few years. I didn't use to like them or rollercoasters but enjoying going to different ones now. 

On 28/06/2019 at 14:06, Lucas said:

Looks beaut. I'd love to do some snorkelling there with the water that clear.

Kinda reminds me of the Whitsundays and Fraser Island when I was there.

Been a delay to booking but hopefully soon.

I want to do those islands... only got to Fitzroy Island off the coast of Cairns. Was breathtakingly beautiful. 

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, nudge said:

Have fun! I'd be excited as well. How's the current weather over there?

Around 7 degrees on average in Iqaluit. In Toronto with Humidex it's been 45, so it would be a nice change of pace.

Just now, nudge said:

Looks amazing! Will we get a full report and a video? :P

Yes, I've recorded the whole thing. This one will probably be my best video yet. I also decided to go back to the long format like I did in Terrace.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Last time I went Netherlands (Amsterdam) it was middle of February, pissed it down with rain, hail, snow and was windy as fuck.

So when we booked our next trip there a few months ago for next week, middle of August we envisaged sipping beers & getting high in the height of summer in a pub/beer garden somewhere.

NOPE.

Torrential rain the whole 4 days we'll be there xD

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Last time I went Netherlands (Amsterdam) it was middle of February, pissed it down with rain, hail, snow and was windy as fuck.

So when we booked our next trip there a few months ago for next week, middle of August we envisaged sipping beers & getting high in the height of summer in a pub/beer garden somewhere.

NOPE.

I mean that's Netherlands; what else do you expect??? xD 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, nudge said:

I mean that's Netherlands; what else do you expect??? xD 

At least one rain-free day, bit of sun! 

Is that too much a guy can ask for :( 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

At least one rain-free day, bit of sun! 

Is that too much a guy can ask for :( 

Maaaaybe if you're lucky... I loved living in Holland but the weather is really shite for the most part haha.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

NOPE.

When I went in February, it was absolutely freezing at night when walking about, although there was no rain and through the day it was sunny and felt like a nice Autumn day.

As for last time(April), it absolutely pissed it down when I got off the tram and was looking for my hotel, although it disappeared after half an hour(still enough to absolutely soak me though) and never rained again for the rest of the trip.

I can't remember it raining when there in December either, so I must be lucky considering how it's a country where it always pisses it down.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Just think @Stan, this time in however many weeks, you'll be walking around De Wallen now(with an umbrella) searching for blue windows.

I go tomorrow!

Also, you have experience finding these blue windows then :ph34r:?