talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

• Administrator

Back from Rotterdam & Amsterdam.

The former is pretty dead. Not much going on there but we made the most of it. Amsterdam as good as the last time, if not better. Love that city. 

• Upvote 1

On 19/08/2019 at 04:01, Stan said:

Back from Rotterdam & Amsterdam.

The former is pretty dead. Not much going on there but we made the most of it. Amsterdam as good as the last time, if not better. Love that city. 

Shag any hookers?

Got back from Amsterdam yesterday afternoon, 4th visit there and the 2nd time this year. Stag do on this occasion so zero culture but still a decent trip.

Tried plenty of different bars this time, the highlight being The Supper Club on Saturday night.

You all lay on beds, eat a 4 course meal (dishes are small) with entertainment in between, and then it turns into a club. Absolutely rammed in there. Was very good. 8/10's all over the shop. 

Beer bike was excellent too, mainly because of where we went and the bloke leading it. 

Lowlight was paying extortionate money to go in the overrated Banana Bar on the last night. Outnumbered and not wanting to be that one person who says no, I went along with it. Pretty poor if I'm honest.

Coincidentally, I heard some big black woman called Rhonda from one of the red light windows asking if I'd seen a nice looking Asian lad by the name of Sunil. Something about "...if you see him, tell him not to worry about running out in tears, it happens to a lot of guys the first time they try it, apparently".

Don't know what she meant?

Edited by Lucas
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Lucas said:

Got back from Amsterdam yesterday afternoon, 4th visit there and the 2nd time this year. Stag do on this occasion so zero culture but still a decent trip.

Tried plenty of different bars this time, the highlight being The Supper Club on Saturday night.

You all lay on beds, eat a 4 course meal (dishes are small) with entertainment in between, and then it turns into a club. Absolutely rammed in there. Was very good. 8/10's all over the shop. 

Beer bike was excellent too, mainly because of where we went and the bloke leading it. 

Lowlight was paying extortionate money to go in the overrated Banana Bar on the last night. Outnumbered and not wanting to be that one person who says no, I went along with it. Pretty poor if I'm honest.

Coincidentally, I heard some big black woman called Rhonda from one of the red light windows asking if I'd seen a nice looking Asian lad by the name of Sunil. Something about "...if you see him, tell him not to worry about running out in tears, it happens to a lot of guys the first time they try it, apparently".

Don't know what she meant?

She just text me and said she had to use her magnifying glass for the first ever on a guy called Lee? Have no idea who she's on about but poor guy. Must have been embarrassing. She said she rinsed him and charged extra cos he looked like a right mug too. 

Did you have a good time there mate? We ended up going to Prime and then Club John Doe on our last night then. Was hanging out my arse the following morning. Amsterdam is great for the birds - straight 10s in all directions. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Stan said:

She just text me and said she had to use her magnifying glass for the first ever on a guy called Lee? Have no idea who she's on about but poor guy. Must have been embarrassing. She said she rinsed him and charged extra cos he looked like a right mug too. 

Did you have a good time there mate? We ended up going to Prime and then Club John Doe on our last night then. Was hanging out my arse the following morning. Amsterdam is great for the birds - straight 10s in all directions. 

Yeah it was good. Got to be honest, 4th time there so I was not really as pumped for it as going somewhere new but it was still a great laugh.

Got reasonably lucky with the weather bar Friday night and Sunday morning too, which made things easier.

IMG-20190818-WA0027.thumb.jpg.10f91d3d02fcadd4f6311a29095fcc80.jpg

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Which coffeeshops did you end up going to?

And did you manage to go into Lost in Amsterdam, Stones Cafe or Hunters? All very good bars to chill out and have a drink in while having a smoke.

Had been to Lost in Amsterdam before so didn't go there this time.

Went Stones Cafe & Greenhous Effect. Tried to get in to Grasshopper again but was just far too busy.

4 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I will be setting off down south at midnight tonight, so should get to where we are going(on the border Kent and East Sussex) at about 6am, depending on if we stop at many service stations. A week of specimen fishing, I've even got new rods and reels  :219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

@SirBalon, @Danny

Other side of London mate but have fun, never got into fishing myself but love of the idea of getting pissed all day by a pond 😂

4 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I will be setting off down south at midnight tonight, so should get to where we are going(on the border Kent and East Sussex) at about 6am, depending on if we stop at many service stations. A week of specimen fishing, I've even got new rods and reels  :219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

@SirBalon, @Danny

Lucky it's not Wessex or they'd burn me for being a Catholic. :ph34r:

What are you hoping to catch mate?

14 minutes ago, Danny said:

Other side of London mate but have fun, never got into fishing myself but love of the idea of getting pissed all day by a pond 😂

Yeah it's further than London. More near Hastings. I'm bang into it myself mate, I've got all the top of the range gear 😂

16 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Lucky it's not Wessex or they'd burn me for being a Catholic. :ph34r:

What are you hoping to catch mate?

Carp and Catfish mate. There are some big ones in there as we had some out last year when we went at the same time as this year.

• Upvote 1