talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

34 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Have you been to the interior? I want to go as far as Tataouine and see the Sahara if I go. Well aware it's bliztering hot, and I am not as good in the heat as I am in the cold xD

Ye, a camel ride in the Saharan desert. I was only about 12 and spent around 5 of 14 days ill as fuck but the desert was the best part albeit being a long bus ride there if I remember correctly. Stayed in Sousse and had a day in the capital Tunis.   

It was an experience, other than catching some illness, and along with Athens was different to all the other holidays I went on as a kid with my parents. Most were on Spanish Islands and the Spanish coast. 

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Inti Brian said:

Anywhere on the east if possible, because if I go I'd like to do a trip where I visit Lesotho and Eswatini.

I went to Durban which is east of Lesotho and south of Eswatini. Pretty much perfect for you.

Do/can you drive? I ask as it's the best way of travelling in SA. Lovely long motorways (the one going up to Eswatini is partly along the coast) and if you wanted to stop there are plenty of places to do so.

Everything so cheap there too so it wouldn't be an expensive trip (compared to literally everywhere else I've been anyway) - accommodation, food, alcohol, shopping/groceries. 

Also stayed in Nelspruit which is just west of the southernmost point of Kruger Park and north-west of Eswatini. If you're going all that way to SA I strongly encourage to go to Kruger Park :D 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Stan said:

I went to Durban which is east of Lesotho and south of Eswatini. Pretty much perfect for you.

Do/can you drive? I ask as it's the best way of travelling in SA. Lovely long motorways (the one going up to Eswatini is partly along the coast) and if you wanted to stop there are plenty of places to do so.

Everything so cheap there too so it wouldn't be an expensive trip (compared to literally everywhere else I've been anyway) - accommodation, food, alcohol, shopping/groceries. 

Also stayed in Nelspruit which is just west of the southernmost point of Kruger Park and north-west of Eswatini. If you're going all that way to SA I strongly encourage to go to Kruger Park :D 

Thanks! Kruger Park is a must.

Yeah, I wanted to just do Lesotho but I'm not going to spend a couple thousand dollars to do a weekend trip. And my dad used to live in South Africa when he was young so that definitely cannot be missed!

Think before I go to Africa though I'm gonna do St Pierre and Miquelon. It's right by the coast of eastern Canada and it's so mysterious. I really would love to learn the history towards it and why is it French so far out and so near Canada. It's supposedly a disputed territory but I think Canada isn't too bothered. 

Very keen on it. It's a safer bet early on before I plan a huge trip.

14 minutes ago, Toinho said:

How do you afford all this again, Brian?

Owns a football club

His Missus is the GK for the women's national team. 

Good life insurance payout after he faked his death. 

I'm sure he is well set up. 

4 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I have a bunch of problems, all mental. We'll just leave it at autism though. That isn't much of a secret to the others on here.

Fair enough mate. Keep on going! 

I want to go to Galápagos one day.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

I just saw a travel film. Bad idea. Genuinely cannot wait til life is back to normal.

Haha, I had one beer too many last night and bought flights for September... xD fingers crossed... xD

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Haha, I had one beer too many last night and bought flights for September... xD fingers crossed... xD

Where to?!

Good luck.

Not gonna lie, I am strongly considering buying flights to St Johns in the summer (when the Pandemic is supposedly going to die down) and somewhere foreign for the winter (after the ‘supposed’ second wave). I’m not sure about that though. Newfoundland seems a safe place to be given they only have 2 current active cases. I just hope France opens its borders soon so I can also stop by St Pierre and Miquelon!

9 hours ago, nudge said:

I nearly booked an Apartment and flights to Málaga in early October last night xD. Proper cheap apartments which have everything. I'll leave it though as it'll all go wrong knowing me.

I will spend 7 days there, but get a train to Cordoba for a day and Almuñécar for a day with 5 in Malaga. Due to the whole mask wearing shit, I'd rather minimise the amount of traveling now due to the change in situation, so this means cutting out Lisbon and not going to Catalunya. I can go to the latter next time. 

Likewise, if I head to the Americas next year, I'll likely cut down on countries and just head straight for one/two. If that's the case then it would probably be Mexico. Where should I go in Mexico where I won't get shot/extorted by police/gangs(they are they same thing there) @Inti Brian? There are direct flights to both Cancun and Puerto Vallarta from Manchester, but Cancun doesn't look appealing to me other than the Carribbean sea. Puerto Vallarta does look nice though, despite being on the Pacific side. More a Mexican feel. 

nZA5ODj.jpg

Might not be a holiday, but this is where I'm right now spending my weekend. I also have that whole part of the lake as you can't fish from that left sude. Good to be back fishing! 🎣

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I nearly booked an Apartment and flights to Málaga in early October last night xD. Proper cheap apartments which have everything. I'll leave it though as it'll all go wrong knowing me.

I only went to the flight website as I was curious to see what the going prices were at the moment... ended up planning the whole trip until 7 am xD 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

I only went to the flight website as I was curious to see what the going prices were at the moment... ended up planning the whole trip until 7 am xD 

I've been watching travel videos throughout the lockdown and it's not a good idea, especially when taking a financial hit xD

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I've been watching travel videos throughout the lockdown and it's not a good idea, especially when taking a financial hit xD

Can relate. I nearly teared up while watching The Race Across the World... xD 

30 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I will spend 7 days there, but get a train to Cordoba for a day and Almuñécar for a day with 5 in Malaga. Due to the whole mask wearing shit, I'd rather minimise the amount of traveling now due to the change in situation, so this means cutting out Lisbon and not going to Catalunya. I can go to the latter next time. 

Likewise, if I head to the Americas next year, I'll likely cut down on countries and just head straight for one/two. If that's the case then it would probably be Mexico. Where should I go in Mexico where I won't get shot/extorted by police/gangs(they are they same thing there) @Inti Brian? There are direct flights to both Cancun and Puerto Vallarta from Manchester, but Cancun doesn't look appealing to me other than the Carribbean sea. Puerto Vallarta does look nice though, despite being on the Pacific side. More a Mexican feel. 

nZA5ODj.jpg

Might not be a holiday, but this is where I'm right now spending my weekend. I also have that whole part of the lake as you can't fish from that left sude. Good to be back fishing! 🎣

I've actually not been to Mexico mate. I know as far as avoid Sinaloa and/or Juarez. That's where all the cartels and controversy is at.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

@nudge 

If I saw this in my recommended, so do you :( 

feb9a173f1491f2a9a7e32195ae045bb.png

Haha, this is in front of me on the table with multiple routes I already set up and new ones I keep on drawing before going to bed each night 😂

IMG_20200611_233723-01.thumb.jpeg.44da6ce5e49ab5b42f44f6d838256c57.jpeg

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Haha, this is in front of me on the table with multiple routes I already set up and new ones I keep on drawing before going to bed each night 😂

IMG_20200611_233723-01.thumb.jpeg.44da6ce5e49ab5b42f44f6d838256c57.jpeg

I am planning routes myself too!

It's not a good idea, especially when my mental health is getting worse. Just makes me want 2021 to come around or for this whole covid19 shit to be done and over with xD