talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Carnivore Chris said:

To be honest, once i finally "come out of my shell" and do a few countries in the Americas, then I may even end up having Thailand on my list. It's not that it doesn't interest me, just that other countries interest me more so I don't really think about going.

Freshwater Fishing in Thailand would be amazing though(the best in the world) and obviously it's pretty much paradise there. Some of those beaches are incredible.

The only thing is the food, I've never been huge on Thai food(or even Chinese in terms of Asia), but there is always something to eat so I would live.

I was actually speaking to a scaffolder today who has done Mexico and Jamaica and he said he wants to go to Thailand next, then he randomly said "And, in terms of those lady boys, no, you wouldn't have to ask me twice. Have you seen them? I've been watching videos of them on youtube" xD Only on building sites do you come across such people. Thing is, he goes away with his wife as well.

Yeah, travelling is one thing, and I would definitely be open to visiting most of the countries in the world. Jamaica (as well as the Carribean in general) would definitely be a lovely destination. Wouldn't want to live there though.

You don't like Thai food??? :o How is that even possible :7_sweat_smile: One of my most favourite cuisines for sure.

Tell that scaffolder to go to Pattaya then xD 

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, travelling is one thing, and I would definitely be open to visiting most of the countries in the world. Jamaica (as well as the Carribean in general) would definitely be a lovely destination. Wouldn't want to live there though.

I have been to Jamaica twice and have loved it every time. Very unique culture that is laid back (and mostly high as a kite), great food, and beautiful beaches (some of which are nude beaches)

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

I have been to Jamaica twice and have loved it every time. Very unique culture that is laid back (and mostly high as a kite), great food, and beautiful beaches. 

Also great music.

Too much crime and violence for my liking though.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Also great music.

Too much crime and violence for my liking though.

Yeah, nothing like sitting on a beach, with a Bahama Mama in your hand, naked as the day you were born, with some jerk chicken by your chair and a steel drum playing the latest hits. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, nudge said:

You don't like Thai food??? :o How is that even possible :7_sweat_smile: One of my most favourite cuisines for sure.

Tell that scaffolder to go to Pattaya then xD 

To be honest, I haven't tried everything, but a lot of it seems based on sea-food puts me off as I've never been a big fan of sea-food at all. In terms of food, I think Argentina would be the place for me, if those restaurants I've been to in Amsterdam and Barcelona are anything to go by. The steak is incredible and I'm guessing it'd be even better in Argentina itself. Jamaican food actually as well.

16 minutes ago, Eco said:

I have been to Jamaica twice and have loved it every time. Very unique culture that is laid back (and mostly high as a kite), great food, and beautiful beaches (some of which are nude beaches)

You've been everywhere to be honest. I need to up my game in the coming years.

Did you ever go there on your own?

Just now, Carnivore Chris said:

You've been everywhere to be honest. I need to up my game in the coming years.

Did you ever go there on your own?

Ha, cheers. My Dad is self-described vagabond so it's in my blood. 

I have never been to Jamaica alone (always with my wife). I have done a lot of traveling on my own though. 

My next dream trip will be North Africa, particularly Morocco, Algeria, and Egypt. 

11 minutes ago, Eco said:

Ha, cheers. My Dad is self-described vagabond so it's in my blood. 

I have never been to Jamaica alone (always with my wife). I have done a lot of traveling on my own though. 

My next dream trip will be North Africa, particularly Morocco, Algeria, and Egypt.  

It's the best way mate because you only live once and there is a planet there to see.

Did you ever manage to go to Colombia by any chance? As that's the one that is mainly on my mind now, but then Jamaica and Mexico after that. All in the Americas either way. I find that part of the world the most fascinating.

This time next week I will be in Amsterdam, that is better than nothing I suppose as I've never had a bad time there.

Edited by Carnivore Chris

Just now, Carnivore Chris said:

Did you ever manage to go to Colombia by any chance? As that's the one that is mainly on my mind now, but then Jamaica and Mexico after that. All in the Americas either way. I find that part of the world the most fascinating.

This time next week I will be in Amsterdam, that is better than nothing I suppose as I've never had a bad time there.

Nope, haven't traveled down there yet. Cuba is also now on my list of dream vacations. 

28 minutes ago, Eco said:

Nope, haven't traveled down there yet. Cuba is also now on my list of dream vacations. 

Cuba would be amazing, even if just to see the beaches.

One thing I like about Cuba is all the old skool US cars they have.

16 hours ago, Toinho said:

Better for you than us! Our dollar is shocking.

Yeah, I'm surprised at how bad your dollar is considering the country you are. Australia is considered the best country to live in along with Canada in terms of living standards.

14 hours ago, nudge said:

I was losing around 700-800 each month when the EUR-USD rate tumbled down in 2016-2017 :3_grin:

700-800 a month? That's some blow!

There is a chance I might not be able to go now. My workmate's son has been coughing so has had to go for a test today, if that comes back positive at 7am tomorrow, then I'll have to go for a test myself to be sure, since I've been working with the fella for 3 weeks now(he is in contract with his son everyday) and we travel together in cars. If I've caught it then I wouldn't want to travel even if I could because it's disrespectful. Saying that, as it stands, it's only a what if! I actually feel better than I have in months right now.

It's a really cold, grey depressing day here so this morning I've been looking at trips for next year and I quite like the idea of Switzerland.

I'm sort of thinking staying more central, that way we can flit between Interlaken, Grindewald, Bern and Lucerne. All of those places look unreal. And I feel we might get more out of that than say going to Geneva.

Has anyone been to Switzerland or could advise of a better place to stay than what I'm thinking?

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Bali to open up for international tourists from mid September! 

Never want to go there. Well, don’t wanna go anywhere near Kuta. 

The airport is enough for me. It’s just white trash from Australia that plagues thst place. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It's a really cold, grey depressing day here so this morning I've been looking at trips for next year and I quite like the idea of Switzerland.

I'm sort of thinking staying more central, that way we can flit between Interlaken, Grindewald, Bern and Lucerne. All of those places look unreal. And I feel we might get more out of that than say going to Geneva.

Has anyone been to Switzerland or could advise of a better place to stay than what I'm thinking?

How long will you stay and what activities are you interested in?

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

How long will you stay and what activities are you interested in?

We would do something like a Thursday to Monday or Friday to Tuesday I imagine.

We both love the outdoors, investigating the sites, scenery, walks and things like that.

From what I see Switzerland is very picturesque and right up our street.