talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Stan said:

Ha, I'd have been up for it if @Tommy was invited, but as he's not, I may have to decline.

(I will do this until every single member on the site (apart from a few) are listed in your post) :ph34r:

We should book the whole bus and make it the ultimate TF365 road trip B| 20 seats, 15000£ each... We'd probably even get a discount. Who's loaded and wants to finance this? :35_thinking:

• Haha 1

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, nudge said:

We should book the whole bus and make it the ultimate TF365 road trip B| 20 seats, 15000£ each... We'd probably even get a discount. Who's loaded and wants to finance this? :35_thinking:

I think as you have found it and handled the organisation so well, I volunteer you to pay for it.

Thanks!!

11 hours ago, nudge said:

So... Anyone up for a road trip from London to Delhi (or the other way around) by bus in 2021? 70 days, 18 countries, 20000 km, 15000£ 😅

IMG_20200826_043142.thumb.jpg.51e790d6d1b23437164ede1250df4541.jpg

Interior-Shot-1.thumb.jpg.b035f1d3a26fbfa0218fb9eec6025271.jpg

Interior-Shot-2.thumb.jpg.8edd939969eab1e878449604e9899642.jpg

Interior-Shot-3-1.thumb.jpg.7e3daae42a389708e20f5f9e39be8c31.jpg

@Stan

@Bluewolf

@Carnivore Chris

@Mel81x

That would actually be a very interesting trip and worth the money overall.

We could also see which country we get locked down.in when said country has their second wave 😷

• Haha 1

• Administrator
5 hours ago, nudge said:

Now, preferably! 

I'll get the broken sunglasses, you grab the three beers and tuna salad that make it socially acceptable to drink them with lunch :hh:

11 hours ago, Stan said:

I would've been up for it but I wasn't tagged so I guess I'll have to decline. 

7 hours ago, nudge said:

Don't know what you're on about... You're the first one tagged in the post :ph34r:

Someone needs to drive the coach right Nudge.. 

I am in, never really been a huge fan of coach travel but that can clearly be overlooked for the company... Once we reach our final destination @Carnivore Chris can drop off his erm... parcel and we can split the proceeds from it and then go our separate ways, remember, if one of us goes down no stitching... 

• Haha 1

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Someone needs to drive the coach right Nudge.. 

I am in, never really been a huge fan of coach travel but that can clearly be overlooked for the company... Once we reach our final destination @Carnivore Chris can drop off his erm... parcel and we can split the proceeds from it and then go our separate ways, remember, if one of us goes down no stitching... 

You still won't be if I'm driving xD 

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Planning a road trip with the girlfriend to do Scotland's North Coast 500. Going to ideally rent a campervan/motorhome and drive the 500 mile route and stop off at a few places for a couple of nights and either camp or stay in a hotel etc. Can't wait to start properly planning it and obviously saving up!

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Mpache said:

How possible do people reckon travel will be by June/July?

As in free travel with no restrictions at all? Fairly unlikely. That said, it depends on your destination. It's possible to travel to quite a few countries already at this point, it's just somewhat complicated and often inconvienent. 

Just now, nudge said:

As in free travel with no restrictions at all? Fairly unlikely. That said, it depends on your destination. It's possible to travel to quite a few countries already at this point, it's just somewhat complicated and often inconvienent. 

Yeah I'm not travelling until young adults are getting vaccinated. I'm hoping I could at least travel within Canada this summer. However, it's not so much the virus that scares me, it's getting stuck within a country that does so.

25 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Yeah I'm not travelling until young adults are getting vaccinated. I'm hoping I could at least travel within Canada this summer. However, it's not so much the virus that scares me, it's getting stuck within a country that does so.

Same here, the thing that I have missed most during this pandemic is travelling as I try and get away 3-4 times a year but I just can't be arsed with it at the moment. Even if I get to another country it'll be an absolute faff getting back again, especially if the restrictions in either country change (which is likely). I've come to the realisation that in 2021 I'll just do some travelling around the UK, taking short breaks here and there as opposed to going on actual holidays. Works quite well that I've got a newborn around the corner so good timing in that respect, perhaps heading back to travelling in 2022. 

Some good vaccine news came around for Canadians today, so I'm ready to start planning (but not purchasing) some trips without feeling like it will take a lifetime.

In October I am thinking of going to Iceland, Norway and Svalbard (part of Norway). Oslo to Longyearbyen isn't as expensive as I thought it would be, about $250 cheapest.