talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

25 minutes ago, nudge said:

To go to Spain, you need either a negative test or proof of vaccination, and you have to fill in a Health Control Form (Formulario de Control Sanitario) a day before your flight (they send you a QR code, and they check it on departure and arrival).

I'm currently in Greece.

I have proof of vaccination and have the form saved ready. It's more the returning to England part. I know that at the moment you need a test(even if vaccinated) 2 days before returning but I think they are changing it as of October. 

Whereabouts in Greece? It about time you travelled around Southern Europe :drunk: have you bumped into @Fusion yet?

Edited by Carnivore Chris

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I have proof of vaccination and have the form saved ready. It's more the returning to England part. I know that at the moment you need a test(even if vaccinated) 2 days before returning but I think they are changing it as of October. 

Whereabouts in Greece? It about time you travelled around Southern Europe :drunk: have you bumped into @Fusion yet?

Yeah, I think they are planning to merge green and amber lists, so you wouldn't need the pre-departure or post-arrival tests for the UK anymore. 

I'm in Crete, no sign of Fusion yet xD

Thinking of booking Egypt for the end of October, my wife isn't 100% and fancies Turkey.

Thing is Temperatures in Turkey worry me and I also worry a lot will be closed.

Whilst Egypt is pretty much all year round and is never cold.

Anyone give me advice on Turkey, will it be okay weather wise?

4 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

have you bumped into @Fusion yet?

3 hours ago, nudge said:

I'm in Crete, no sign of Fusion yet xD

Lucky you! I am blacklisted from entering Crete, my first ex was from there and her grandparents are still hunting me for crushing their princess's heart.🥲

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Fusion said:

Lucky you! I am blacklisted from entering Crete, my first ex was from there and her grandparents are still hunting me for crushing their princess's heart.🥲

Are they from Rethymno, by any chance? 😂

• Haha 1

• Administrator
14 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

What's happening now as of October? Do you not have to take a test before you go and when you come back anymore? It's all confusing to me xD. But if you don't have to fuck around having so many tests with the new regulations, then I'm going to go to South Spain on the 18th October as I have a week off work. @Stan

@nudge where you at currently?

Don't know but thanks for the invite mate! 

As @nudge said, rules are changing from October.

I think 1 test is still due on return instead of the 2, and there are plans for cheaper PCR tests. 

• Upvote 1

On 22/09/2021 at 07:19, Stan said:

Don't know but thanks for the invite mate! 

As @nudge said, rules are changing from October.

I think 1 test is still due on return instead of the 2, and there are plans for cheaper PCR tests. 

Will that test be when you come back then?

As for the forms you fill out, I had to fill those out when I went to Dam last August and that's straight forward enough.

I'm going to wait until October either way to make sure it's on the green/amber list.

It's a shame not to be able to book it now though as I've seen flights at £17 going there and 30 coming back!

Edited by Carnivore Chris

• Subscriber

@Carnivore Chris:

"Fully vaccinated travellers returning to England will no longer have to take a PCR test two days before coming home.

They will still have to take a PCR test two days after arrival. However, from later in October, they'll be able to take a cheaper and simpler lateral flow test instead."

https://www.bbc.com/news/explainers-52544307

• Upvote 1

Booked Egypt, Hurghada.

7 days mid October, not been for over 8 years to Egypt.

Might visit the pyramids this time round, the wife was pregnant on our last visit so we couldn't do the day trip due to the heat and it being too much for her.

On 23/09/2021 at 17:35, nudge said:

@Carnivore Chris:

"Fully vaccinated travellers returning to England will no longer have to take a PCR test two days before coming home.

They will still have to take a PCR test two days after arrival. However, from later in October, they'll be able to take a cheaper and simpler lateral flow test instead."

https://www.bbc.com/news/explainers-52544307

I'm just going to wait now until the 4th and make sure it's not on the red list, then book it. The problem is, there might not be flights by then. But I'll work something out.

When this pandemic is truly over, we need to hit Latin America, I'm being serious as well 😍

On 24/09/2021 at 15:13, Devil said:

Booked Egypt, Hurghada.

7 days mid October, not been for over 8 years to Egypt.

Might visit the pyramids this time round, the wife was pregnant on our last visit so we couldn't do the day trip due to the heat and it being too much for her.

When you take the test on arrival back to the UK, do you order it and take it at home? 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I'm just going to wait now until the 4th and make sure it's not on the red list, then book it. The problem is, there might not be flights by then. But I'll work something out.

When this pandemic is truly over, we need to hit Latin America, I'm being serious as well 😍

When you take the test on arrival back to the UK, do you order it and take it at home? 

I live next to the airport in Manchester and there are several Radox test sites local. Basically it's a drive through on day 2.

• Subscriber
23 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

When (if) it is truly over, i will spend 24/7 lying under a palmtree in SE Asia for at least a year first xD 

On 27/09/2021 at 18:47, Devil said:

I live next to the airport in Manchester and there are several Radox test sites local. Basically it's a drive through on day 2.

Is it possible to do the test at home though isn't it?

I was thinking of doing it at Manchester airport myself, although it's about 50 mile away so it would be a ballache going back there 2 days later.

2 hours ago, nudge said:

When (if) it is truly over, i will spend 24/7 lying under a palmtree in SE Asia for at least a year first xD 

Are you thinking of going back to Cambodia or somewhere else? 

16 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Is it possible to do the test at home though isn't it?

I was thinking of doing it at Manchester airport myself, although it's about 50 mile away so it would be a ballache going back there 2 days later.

Yeah, you can order home kits.

Use this link.

https://www.gov.uk/find-travel-test-provider

4 hours ago, Devil said:

Yeah, you can order home kits.

Use this link.

https://www.gov.uk/find-travel-test-provider

Cheers mate. Everything is straight forward now. I saw they were offering test kits on easy jet bit wanted to.make sure.

Have a good one also pal and make sure to get some pictures of the pyramids if you visit them and post them on here!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Cheers mate. Everything is straight forward now. I saw they were offering test kits on easy jet bit wanted to.make sure.

Have a good one also pal and make sure to get some pictures of the pyramids if you visit them and post them on here!

Will do, look forward to seeing your travel photos as well. 👍

• Upvote 1