talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Serves you right for eating at the hotel, tbh :ph34r: 

Nah, but in all seriousness, that sounds bad. A random food poisoning is one thing, sending 50 guests to a hospital is completely unacceptable. The Egyptian newspaper Al-Ahrm reported that it was a five-star AMC Royal hotel. Is it the one you were staying at???

No, mine was a five star but not that resort. Ours was the Jaz Aquamarina.

To be honest they all claim to be five star in Egypt and they all look outstanding but you get inside and you see its all a big fake mask. 

Once you are sick you tend to look at stuff with a more open eye and the place cuts far too many corners.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Devil said:

No, mine was a five star but not that resort. Ours was the Jaz Aquamarina.

To be honest they all claim to be five star in Egypt and they all look outstanding but you get inside and you see its all a big fake mask. 

Once you are sick you tend to look at stuff with a more open eye and the place cuts far too many corners.

Just skimming through reviews, it seems you were not the only one to get food poisoning in that hotel 😅 

And yeah, there's no universal standard for giving "stars" to the hotels, so they can be very misleading. As someone who hates those huge, all-inclusive hotels and resorts, I avoid them like plague xD 

31 minutes ago, nudge said:

Just skimming through reviews, it seems you were not the only one to get food poisoning in that hotel 😅 

And yeah, there's no universal standard for giving "stars" to the hotels, so they can be very misleading. As someone who hates those huge, all-inclusive hotels and resorts, I avoid them like plague xD 

To be honest I always go bed and breakfast or self catering but Egypt is pretty hard to find a resort that isn't all inclusive.

I've been before and it was about the snorkeling for me. The food and drink were a second thought as I was desperate for my youngest daughter to see the coral and the sea life. Thankfully she managed that with me so it's still an experience shared.

As for reviews, I doubt you'd find a single resort without food poisoning reviews, the place is riddled and I've now learned my lesson. I thought I was untouchable and as my mate said before I went, it's Russian roulette. I unfortunately took the bullet this time.

Never again now though.

Edited by Devil
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Going to Hawaii in January. Never been, always wanted to go ever since I’d seen pictures of it on the internet when I was 12, never thought I’d actually go.

Should be cool

Es gibt kein Bier auf Hawaii!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, nudge said:

Es gibt kein Bier auf Hawaii!

10 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Und nur vom Hula-Hula geht der Durst nicht weg!

Never heard of that song before. Just googled the lyrics. Amazing. Das Land der Dichter und Denker. xD

• Haha 2

• Subscriber
40 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Never heard of that song before. Just googled the lyrics. Amazing. Das Land der Dichter und Denker. xD

You laugh, but the song is a great reminder of the importance of compromise and managing expectations in interpersonal relationships and marriage :ph34r:xD

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2021 at 23:46, Dr. Gonzo said:

Going to Hawaii in January. Never been, always wanted to go ever since I’d seen pictures of it on the internet when I was 12, never thought I’d actually go.

Should be cool

Enjoy. Where about? I’ve only done Oahu. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

PCR test came back negative. Never been so relieved! Can now get properly in the mood to head to Barbados and Jamaica tomorrow :x

Very anxious wait as NY broke and then overnight for the result to come back. 

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, Stan said:

PCR test came back negative. Never been so relieved! Can now get properly in the mood to head to Barbados and Jamaica tomorrow :x

Very anxious wait as NY broke and then overnight for the result to come back. 

Nice one! Enjoy your vacation. 

And do share some pics when you get back! :) And not to worry, I don't mean the kind MUFC would want to see. :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
52 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Nice one! Enjoy your vacation. 

And do share some pics when you get back! :) And not to worry, I don't mean the kind MUFC would want to see. :ph34r:

Cheers mate.

Will do. Can't help if a some feet creep in...

55 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Stan is gearing up for the honeymoon bonks. 

Honestly, feet, bummings, bonks......

I bet you constantly have to delete your browser history 😂

Love how people just assume people just have sex constantly on their honeymoon.

• Haha 1