talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Emre Can Agrees to Join Juventus

Liverpool midfielder Emre Can has agreed a four-year deal with Juventus and will have a medical later this week, according to Sky in Italy.

The Germany international's contract with Liverpool expires at the end of this month and he has been free to discuss terms with foreign clubs since January.

Juventus chief executive Giuseppe Marotta said last month: "I'm confident we will be able to announce Emre Can after the Champions League final."!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could see him being a beast in Italy. 

Good move for him. I don't think he was going to get to that next level here but the pace of the game in Italy will suit him better. 

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

Could see him being a beast in Italy. 

Good move for him. I don't think he was going to get to that next level here but the pace of the game in Italy will suit him better. 

I agree 100%. Can has a lot of good raw attributes you want in a CM - but he always lacked consistency and there were times where his reading of the game was astonishingly poor. I imagine the slower and more methodical pace of the game will mean less lapses in the way he plays.

Or he's just dogshite positionally. I guess we'll find out when he finally plays for them.

10 minutes ago, Spike said:

Turkish blood, aryan soul.

Modern turks are actually muslim greeks, armenian and slavs, aren´t they? 

Can is a good signing for Juventus, but they still miss a creative player in the middle, in my opinion. 

Just now, El Profesor said:

Modern turks are actually muslim greeks, armenian and slavs, aren´t they? 

Nah, you got Turks and Greeks mixed up. Greeks are just Orthodox Turks, just like Brazilians are Catholic Macacos...uma delicia.

Forum thread: sopa de macaco, uma delicia! | HLTV.org

Just now, Spike said:

Nah, you got Turks and Greeks mixed up. Greeks are just Orthodox Turks, just like Brazilians are Catholic Macacos...uma delicia.

Hide contents

Forum thread: sopa de macaco, uma delicia! | HLTV.org

I was pretty sure I read somewhere that DNA samples proved the percentage of turks in Anatolia was relatively small, something around 10%. The thesis was that despite conquering Byzantium the turks never really colonized the area. 

3 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I was pretty sure I read somewhere that DNA samples proved the percentage of turks in Anatolia was relatively small, something around 10%. The thesis was that despite conquering Byzantium the turks never really colonized the area. 

Well 'Turks' aren't 'Turks' in the anthropological sense.They speak a Turkic language but ethnically they are 'Anatolian' not 'Turkish' which is a central-Asian group of people. The way I think about it is; that while Italy was conquered by the Kingdom of Aragon they didn't become Aragonese/Iberian did they? They were just ruled by a different ethnic group of people. The same with England, when the Normans conquered they everyone didn't magically become 'Norman' just the ruling class did. Or when the Visigoths conquered the Iberian peninsula, the people of the peninsula didn't transform from Iberian to East-Germanic. 

It's actually really surprising but most ethnic groups in Europe and the near-east are largely stagnate other the millennia in terms of large DNA difference. 

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Well 'Turks' aren't 'Turks' in the anthropological sense.They speak a Turkic language but ethnically they are 'Anatolian' not 'Turkish' which is a central-Asian group of people. The way I think about it is; that while Italy was conquered by the Kingdom of Aragon they didn't become Aragonese/Iberian did they? They were just ruled by a different ethnic group of people. The same with England, when the Normans conquered they everyone didn't magically become 'Norman' just the ruling class did. Or when the Visigoths conquered the Iberian peninsula, the people of the peninsula didn't transform from Iberian to East-Germanic. 

It's actually really surprising but most ethnic groups in Europe and the near-east are largely stagnate other the millennia in terms of large DNA difference. 

Yes, I agree. 

There are some fun sayings I remember reading about nationality and ethnicity: 

"Scratch a turk, you find a circassian."

"Scratch a russian, you find a tatar."

This is an interesting map: 

genetic-map-europe.png

The British Isles have much more common with people from France, Spain and Portugal than they do with people from Scandinavia.

While Finland shares some similar background to the Baltic states, it’s Y-DNA groups are quite different from the other Nordic countries.

Austria and Germany despite both being German speaking, have quite different Y-DNA groups. However, Austria and Hungary look remarkably similar.

The Balkans is probably the most genetically diverse region in Europe.

Iceland only has significant numbers of people from 4 different haplogroups.

Some terms like "Byzantine" and "Europe", in my opinion, do more harm than good when trying to understand the Mediterranean history. I think Joseph Ratzinger got it right when he wrote: 

"As a whole, the lands facing the Mediterranean came to form a true continent by virtue of their cultural ties, trade routes, and common political system. It was not until the advance of Islam in the seventh and early eighth centuries that a border would be drawn across the Mediterranean, subdividing what had been a single continent into three: Asia, Africa, and Europe."

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

He's getting paid £220k a week now xD - £40k a week more than our highest earner. He's got one hell of an agent, because that's mental.

Can't be true. Don't think any Juve player is on that kind of money 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Can't be true. Don't think any Juve player is on that kind of money 

His signing fee is being included in his salary for the next 2 years, so after the first 2 years his salary drops down to a measly £80k a week.

13 hours ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

I'd have definitely took the signing fee over the wage increase. 

Good luck to him I suppose, but his delay in announcing this did my tits in a bit. 

I'd forgotten all about him until they announced this yesterday to be honest. 

Easily one of the most frustrating players I've ever seen play for us. He won't be missed

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Would you take him at any of those clubs mentioned is the real question. 

I think it's a clear no. Time for a step down for Emre. He'll play for sides that compete but not for the league title.

Archived