talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pathological Liars

football forum

Got one I work with. Luckily he doesn't sit too close to me, but I hear his nonsense daily. His immediate neighbor at work has a spreadsheet of all the lies he has told over the years, and they are too crazy to really understand the audacity of this liar. 

Some of his lies that I've personally heard are:

1. He played soccer at Alabama. (I went to Alabama, we didn't have a soccer team)
2. He played for DC United (We called, they have no record of him)
3. he was on the USA soccer Olympic team (Nope)
4. He was a FIFA rated Goalie (he's 5'7, 240lbs. He definitely wasn't on FIFA)
5. He got bite by a shark...twice, but has no scars
6. He got into a bad car wreck as a kid and suffered 3rd degree burns, but has no scars because he was chosen for a clinical testing to remove all scars. 
7. His family was recently robbed of 200lbs of pure gold by thus in Nigeria, and have involved the FBI in getting the gold bars back. 
8. His father owns a Fortune 500 company, but his last name isn't the same (so you can't search), and he's not able to tell us the company. 

I've been at this gig for 5 months and this is already what he's told me. 

I don't get it. What purpose does one have to blatantly lie so much to everyone? Such an absolutely joke this guy is. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They generally can't help but lie.

Used to work with a bullshitter, not sure about pathological liar. He'd tell you he ran a pub but it was just one his parents owned, would tell people he could discipline people at work even though we both had the same job and it was an entry level call centre job. Was making about 2 grand a week or something selling beer yet he there's pictures of him working behind the stool at a beer festival and advertising the family pubs new menu...

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Eco said:

Got one I work with. Luckily he doesn't sit too close to me, but I hear his nonsense daily. His immediate neighbor at work has a spreadsheet of all the lies he has told over the years, and they are too crazy to really understand the audacity of this liar. 

1. He played soccer at Alabama. (I went to Alabama, we didn't have a soccer team)
6. He got into a bad car wreck as a kid and suffered 3rd degree burns, but has no scars because he was chosen for a clinical testing to remove all scars. 
7. His family was recently robbed of 200lbs of pure gold by thus in Nigeria, and have involved the FBI in getting the gold bars back. 
8. His father owns a Fortune 500 company, but his last name isn't the same (so you can't search), and he's not able to tell us the company. 

I don't get it. What purpose does one have to blatantly lie so much to everyone? Such an absolutely joke this guy is. 

attention-seeking and may be not happy with the life he has lived so far, so wants to spice it up a bit...?

12 minutes ago, Eco said:

These ones are the funniest. I've never understood why people lie about stuff that can very easily be disproven with a Google search now.

Pathological liars are weird though. They believe their lies and create a "new" reality that isn't real for themselves - and they can't really help themselves. They've usually got other underlying mental health issues, imo.

We had a friend in highschool great guy but he always used to tell about the fights and brawls he's been into.

There was a guy in my mates class and he was hitting on my mates girl, we told him to knock it off but that mother* never listened so we beat him so hard oh you should've seen he was begging to leave him.

There were some guys in my street we were having some tensions. They all ganged up and beat up with Cricket bats but later i beat them all with my cousin.

Sometimes he use to leave school early and we used to say hey were you going and he was like Gotta go man my friend got into a fight he just called.

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Stan said:

attention-seeking and may be not happy with the life he has lived so far, so wants to spice it up a bit...?

I think its this more often than not. People that are just generally unhappy in their own skin probably do this the most. 

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, Eco said:

also, @Eco, not sure if you've seen Inbetweeners but when I read each of these, I couldn't help but imagine this guy xD 

Image result for jay inbetweeners

• Subscriber

Pathological liars are weird, slightly annoying and certainly have some underlying issues, but at least with most of them you know that they are bullshitting and making up stories if not even living in their own little fantasy world, so essentially, they're harmless. What annoys me much more is those who always lie without any reason and make promises that they can't, don't want or don't have any intention of keeping, whether it's small insignificant things or bigger life decisions. That shit absolutely destroys trust, not to mention that it eventually hurts other people involved in their bullshit.

14 hours ago, Devon Von Devon said:

I know a guy who says he is a football scout plus agent and is a sports journalist and is a chairman of a football club and he once faked his own death :ph34r:

xD

I love this place.... It doesn't matter how bad my week might be I can always find something that cheers me up on here and has me laughing in only a few posts.. 

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

@Cicero

How do you deal with this ? I got a few friends that need advice and you seem to have your urge to lie under control most of the time (except when Chelsea has a brand new coach, then it's okay to lie to yourself?) 

giphy.gif

On 06/04/2018 at 20:58, Eco said:

Wow I've met a few but wow that is incredible.

I have a mate who says he was on the youth books for Bristol rovers. His best mate since 3 doesn't remember this.

He was offered a goalkeeping coach role at Bristol city women even though he has no qualifications.

He qualified for the British Olympic weightlifting team but didn't go because he hurt his back. When did he get the time when he was playing for rovers?

He knows Jane couch and Ricky Hatton. Apparently Jane couch can run up a 100 metre hill in ten seconds. Usain Bolt couldn't do that.

Another guy I use to know said he ate 54 burgers at McDonald's. He fell of a 100 ft building. Hurt his leg apparently.

52 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Wow I've met a few but wow that is incredible.

I have a mate who says he was on the youth books for Bristol rovers. His best mate since 3 doesn't remember this.

He was offered a goalkeeping coach role at Bristol city women even though he has no qualifications.

He qualified for the British Olympic weightlifting team but didn't go because he hurt his back. When did he get the time when he was playing for rovers?

He knows Jane couch and Ricky Hatton. Apparently Jane couch can run up a 100 metre hill in ten seconds. Usain Bolt couldn't do that.

Another guy I use to know said he ate 54 burgers at McDonald's. He fell of a 100 ft building. Hurt his leg apparently.

Is your mate's name Erich? xD

Good ole Bristol Rovers. My favorite team in England. 

35 minutes ago, Eco said:

Is your mate's name Erich? xD

Good ole Bristol Rovers. My favorite team in England. 

Ha ha the guy you work with tops that though 

• 2 years later...
  • Subscriber
On 04/06/2018 at 20:58, Eco said:

To bullshit this much in order to look good. He must suffer from serious insecurity problems.

I know one too who lives in my neighbourhood. Met him in a pub once. Claimed he was a big shot at darts, even though he wasn't that good. He runs a facebook page about my district where he constantly makes up things that didn't happen. Like there was a big fire in the neighbourhood, whereas it turns out it was nothing. Just a gas leak or something. Makes up other stuff about things in the neighbourhood too. All turn out false. I critically commented some of his posts. Met him in a park a few days ago and he asked me why I commented on his stuff. Told me he was a journalist, studied politics, used to work for TV Stations, has a PhD etc. Obviously all of it is not true, as he is known for ripping off and stealing money from an old woman in the same neighbourhood. Also has some Antennas on his cars like he is some kind of big shot ambassador. Strange guy. 

Had mate when I was in my teens that couldn't go a day without coming out with some of the most incredible lies, his poor dad was a nice easy going fella but he'd been painted as this horrible thug of a man who was obsessed with the pub and motorbikes. 

To my knowledge I never seen him out of his house and he certainly didn't have any interest in riding off road motorbikes on fields like my mate had suggested. 

As we got older the lies would keep on rolling out of his mouth but the people we hung out with had laughed and joke about it behind his back and you could see the pain in his face as people would pull him up on previous stuff he'd said to make him feel uncomfortable. Last I heard of him he'd settled down with a girl from the same school year as us and they'd recently split up, apparently he'd been locking her up in his house when he'd go to work because he was that paranoid of what she might get up to if she went out. 

So in my opinion these pathological liars are actually slightly unhinged, something has to be wrong for them to feel compelled to lie over and over. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Devil said:

Had mate when I was in my teens that couldn't go a day without coming out with some of the most incredible lies, his poor dad was a nice easy going fella but he'd been painted as this horrible thug of a man who was obsessed with the pub and motorbikes. 

To my knowledge I never seen him out of his house and he certainly didn't have any interest in riding off road motorbikes on fields like my mate had suggested. 

As we got older the lies would keep on rolling out of his mouth but the people we hung out with had laughed and joke about it behind his back and you could see the pain in his face as people would pull him up on previous stuff he'd said to make him feel uncomfortable. Last I heard of him he'd settled down with a girl from the same school year as us and they'd recently split up, apparently he'd been locking her up in his house when he'd go to work because he was that paranoid of what she might get up to if she went out. 

So in my opinion these pathological liars are actually slightly unhinged, something has to be wrong for them to feel compelled to lie over and over. 

WTF

15 minutes ago, MUFC said:

WTF

Yeah, crazy behaviour. 

Apparently she put up with it for a few months before finally finding the courage to leave him, got to be pretty sick in the head to do that and she had to have been pretty brainwashed or scared to have accepted it for so long. 

When I think back to his lies they were always pretty fucked up, his older brother was a bit of a strange guy and he convinced us you couldn't look him the eye because he was a complete psychopath. Being young lads we'd be terrified of his brother whenever he came into the living room when in reality he never once gave us any reason to be scared of him. I mean why would a 25 year old man want to scare or intimidate 14 year old kids. 

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, Devil said:

Yeah, crazy behaviour. 

Apparently she put up with it for a few months before finally finding the courage to leave him, got to be pretty sick in the head to do that and she had to have been pretty brainwashed or scared to have accepted it for so long. 

When I think back to his lies they were always pretty fucked up, his older brother was a bit of a strange guy and he convinced us you couldn't look him the eye because he was a complete psychopath. Being young lads we'd be terrified of his brother whenever he came into the living room when in reality he never once gave us any reason to be scared of him. I mean why would a 25 year old man want to scare or intimidate 14 year old kids. 

Did he try tracking her down after she left?

1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Did he try tracking her down after she left?

That's as much as I know mate, the info came off another lad who I went to school with. You know the situation, you bump into someone from School out and about and you exchange info of what you know about people you went School with. 

It's the only thing you have in common at the end of the day so you feel obliged to talk about it. The amount of times I've had to discuss the tragic death of Bubble Head is insane, sad really that the death of someone is seen as the ice breaker in awkward conversation.  

On 04/06/2018 at 15:14, McAzeem said:

I know a guy who says he is a football scout plus agent and is a sports journalist and is a chairman of a football club and he once faked his own death :ph34r:

Never gets old 

Archived