talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mattia Perin - Signs for Juventus

Report: Perin to Juventus done
Perin-Italy-save490epa_24.jpg

Mattia Perin’s move to Juventus appears to be done, with reports he’ll head for a medical in Turin this afternoon.

The Genoa goalkeeper was in the city anyway, as he played for Italy against the Netherlands last night.

According to Sky Italia, he remained at the hotel this morning, as the two clubs looked to seal a transfer.

It’s believed he has now left the hotel to head to the Allianz Stadium, where he’ll undergo a medical at the club’s J-Medical facility.

Gianluca Di Marzio reports that Juve general manager and Genoa President Enrico Preziosi were seen leaving the Lega Serie A meeting together, with both men smiling at those waiting outside.

That would indicate that a deal was agreed after today’s meeting on TV rights.

Solid keeper - Would have loved to see Inter make a go at him. 

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that move goes ahead and he becomes the Juve first team keeper, this could mean the downfall of Donnarumma. I know it’s a sensationalist statement from me, but something tells me Donnarumma has taken his career in a mode that has countless pitfalls infront of him.

Perin as first team Italy keeper before Donnarumma?

25 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

If that move goes ahead and he becomes the Juve first team keeper, this could mean the downfall of Donnarumma. I know it’s a sensationalist statement from me, but something tells me Donnarumma has taken his career in a mode that has countless pitfalls infront of him.

Perin had a much better year than Donna, and has proved himself as a promising talent on the National Team. 

Donna has regressed, but that is to be expected this AC lacks heavily in leadership and thus how is he to grow with the shit show that is becoming AC Milan? 

21 minutes ago, Eco said:

Perin had a much better year than Donna, and has proved himself as a promising talent on the National Team. 

Donna has regressed, but that is to be expected this AC lacks heavily in leadership and thus how is he to grow with the shit show that is becoming AC Milan? 

I agree... Mattia Perin should be number 1 and to be honest he seems a more stable character than Donnarumma. I'm probably being unfair to the young Neapolitan goalkeeper with this because he's got a long career ahead of him (let it be known that on form I think he's tremendous), but too many stupid things have occurred on such young shoulders that it all looks like one of these guys that believe their own hype.

Juve agree €15m Perin deal

Juventus have reportedly agreed a €15m deal with Genoa for goalkeeper Mattia Perin.

According to Gianluca Di Marzio’s website, Juve will pay €12m plus €3m in bonuses for Perin and tie him down to a four-year contract worth €2.5m a season.

He is also expected in Turin on Friday for a medical, before competing with Wojciech Szczesny for the Bianconeri’s No 1 jersey.

The 25-year-old made his Serie A debut in 2011 and has made almost 200 top-flight appearances for Genoa, who will not be receiving any players in exchange.

Liverpool should have offered him 20 instead of the 80 they want to spend.

31 minutes ago, Eco said:

Liverpool should have offered him 20 instead of the 80 they want to spend.

Juventus really doesn´t mess around on the market. Szczesny and Perin are both very good. On the other hand, what is Napoli thinking to pass on him? There´s no guarantee they´ll get a deal done with Areola. 

Perin is the best Italian keeper right now and he is still incredibly young for a goalkeeper. This is a no brainer move for Juventus. Especially for such a relatively low price. They just seem to have a knack for getting great deals.

Donnarumma is an incredible talent and still only a teenager, people seem to forget that because he has been No.1 at Milan for years. The mental strength and maturity required for that is unreal at his age. He has stagnanted, but most goalkeepers his age aren't even getting near first team football. I believe he will still go on to be one of the best goalkeepers in the world with the right decisions for his career.

7 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Donnarumma is an incredible talent and still only a teenager, people seem to forget that because he has been No.1 at Milan for years. The mental strength and maturity required for that is unreal at his age. He has stagnanted, but most goalkeepers his age aren't even getting near first team football. I believe he will still go on to be one of the best goalkeepers in the world with the right decisions for his career.

I agree with the previous I didn't quote but on this part regarding Donnarumma you have to admit that many of the decisions he's made over the past 24 months and certain actions have gone part and parcel with his massive downturn in form.  I agree with you that he is very talented and that he's just a teenager still (no excuse), but he definitely has to sort out either his own actions or he can start with those that represent him.

I don't want to derail from talking about Perin, but I shall say this for Donnarumma. 

Normally at his age, keepers will be making these mistakes. Whether it's in reserve team football or in the lower leagues. But when you as talented as he is (or De Gea back when he first moved to Man United) these mistakes are so blown up because of the clubs that they are at. 

I think the signing of Reina will be a huge influence on his career. He now has someone alongside him to compete with. Someone who has played week in week out at the highest level. Not only to compete with but to watch and learn from.

The off the pitch stuff needs to be sorted as his relationship with the fans has gone through the floor. Getting rid of his buy out clause would go a long way to winning them back over.

• Administrator
On 05/06/2018 at 14:50, SirBalon said:

I don't disagree that Perin is a good keeper and deserves this move & national team spot, but I don't think it'll be the downfall of Donnarumma just yet.

Donnarumma, through his agent mainly, could easily get a move to a bigger club than Milan. Let's not forget Donnarumma is still a teenager. There's plenty of time for him to get his career back on track or get it improving again. Yes he makes a few mistakes and can be a bit below-par, but he's very young in a competitive league. There must be ridiculous amounts of pressure on him to succeed. 

Archived