talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

AFC World Cup Qualifiers

5 minutes ago, Anton said:

I would be very worried if we got the USA.

And rightly so but they are genuinely not all that. They have a backline that even australias limited and predictable attack can damage.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/6/2017 at 2:15 PM, VanPanna said:

Well done to Saudi Arabia qualifying,    Bert van Marwijk and Van Bommel doing a good job! 

It seems they have fired Marwijk after he successfully guided them to World Cup and replaced him with Edgardo Bauza  

Just watched the first half of Syria vs Australia and it's about time I went to bed. Australia have been so lacking in creativity that other than the goal scored...Syria have probably carved out the better chances, and I think they've had about two of those. Though one of Australia's midfielders I guess took a long range shot with the outside of his foot that forced a decent save.

I can see where this Syria team has gotten results. They are a brilliant side tactically, they know what they are playing too and are fully concentrated in defence. Unfortunately, they have no technique whatsoever.

Fully deserved point for Syria although that penalty should have not been given. Australia hasn't played well away during the qualification and considering the pitch they were playing on wasn't great either so i was expecting a draw. 

4 minutes ago, Azeem98 said:

Fully deserved point for Syria although that penalty should have not been given. Australia hasn't played well away during the qualification and considering the pitch they were playing on wasn't great either so i was expecting a draw. 

That was on Ange for me. He got the goal and continued to play with 3 at the back. They kept getting exposed and yet the subs were all attackers. Made no sense to me. Stubborness united.

I also agree it wasn't a penalty but these things can happen.

4 hours ago, Anton said:

Can't argue that Syria deserved a point or more. We are a shambles, however the penalty call was a fucking horrible decision. Iranian ref... hmmm Iran and Syria friends?!

I occasionaly visit a Persian football forum and they were saying the same thing about the Arab ref who gave some bad calls during Iran's game against Syria.

Archived