talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Villa Sack CEO After HMRC Winding-up Order

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

There must be a lot of mid table sides looking at how some of these big spenders are beginning to crumble and must really fancy their chances to push on next season.

Late filing is barely “crumbling”. 

It’s pretty much a non-story as it’s usually as a result of things not being ready (ala Palace), though this is down to incompetence rather than anything that’s potentially threatening to the club’s existence. 

6 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Late filing is barely “crumbling”. 

Given Xia's extravagant spending over the previous two seasons, surely it's only a matter of time before they have to start planning accordingly?

Then again, i guess they'll get a lot of money for Grelaish.

Think we’re genuinely fucked. we’re entirely dependent on XIA because we operate at a big loss and the Chinese Government have put the brakes on foreign investment so he can’t get his cash out the country so we can’t pay our debts. The a Telegraph are reporting that we’ve got an insolvency expert in, and rumours we’ve already cashed in advance fees owed for future player sales back in Feb. He may need to sell quickly now otherwise we’re seriously fucked. 

Baggies, Blues, Southampton will face similar, Wolves have literally escaped it by going up

I believe Grealish is off to Spurs. 90% on that at present 

On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 18:58, The Palace Fan said:

Given Xia's extravagant spending over the previous two seasons, surely it's only a matter of time before they have to start planning accordingly?

Then again, i guess they'll get a lot of money for Grelaish.

It's a gamble that has backfired massively. Obviously I sympathise because I've been there and it hit us hard and took years to recover. I just can't believe another club has been as stupid to gamble on the club's future like we did.

As for Grealish, they will be lucky to get up to £20m for him, because clubs will play hardball and know they have the upper hand. They may even snap him up for less. It depends just how desperate Villa are and need certain bills paying.

They were actually chasing up money they were owed for Ashley Westwood from Burnley, that is just how bad it is. And they are going to have to pay up the likes of McCormack and Richards who didn't even feature for the club last season.

So the Grealish sale definitely isn't going to be enough. It'll stem the flow of blood a little but they are going to need more than that to heal the wound. Maybe enough time for Xia to sell the club but he will take an enormous hit financially because no buyer will be wanting to pay much taking on huge debts like they have.

Villa may even look at selling Villa Park and the training complex and look to lease back like what we did.

Watch this space.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

It's a gamble that has backfired massively. Obviously I sympathise because I've been there and it hit us hard and took years to recover. I just can't believe another club has been as stupid to gamble on the club's future like we did.

As for Grealish, they will be lucky to get up to £20m for him, because clubs will play hardball and know they have the upper hand. They may even snap him up for less. It depends just how desperate Villa are and need certain bills paying.

They were actually chasing up money they were owed for Ashley Westwood from Burnley, that is just how bad it is. And they are going to have to pay up the likes of McCormack and Richards who didn't even feature for the club last season.

So the Grealish sale definitely isn't going to be enough. It'll stem the flow of blood a little but they are going to need more than that to heal the wound. Maybe enough time for Xia to sell the club but he will take an enormous hit financially because no buyer will be wanting to pay much taking on huge debts like they have.

Villa may even look at selling Villa Park and the training complex and look to lease back like what we did.

Watch this space.

With the talk of the club being up for sale, you imagine there wouldn't be any investment on players. I was impressed with what I saw from some of their academy players over the last two seasons (Green and Hepburn-Murphy I think his name was) but if they lose Steve Bruce's experience I reckon they could end up having a season as similar as Hull's. I'd be surprised to see Jedinak and a couple of others stay if Bruce goes.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Watch this space.

The ground is sort of protected, the fan base has known we’re fucked to some degree for some time and the fan funded supporters trust has taken a step to protect it by registering it as a ACV which is an asset of community value. It means any sale would be long and protracted and the fan base would have a 6 month window to raise money for it. 

https://villatrust.org.uk/?p=2274

The training complex is compulsory purchase anyway because of HS2, the latest is we will sellog land in Birmingham most notably the staff car park next to witton train station to get funds. 

Its going to be a fire sale of players though I reckon, Chester, Lansbury, Hourihane & Adomah are pretty much the only ones I reckon will be more than 2m each. 

Hutton hasn’t been offered a contract and all loan players have returned back home. 

25 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

With the talk of the club being up for sale, you imagine there wouldn't be any investment on players. I was impressed with what I saw from some of their academy players over the last two seasons (Green and Hepburn-Murphy I think his name was) but if they lose Steve Bruce's experience I reckon they could end up having a season as similar as Hull's. I'd be surprised to see Jedinak and a couple of others stay if Bruce goes.

Same as Lerner’s time Jedinak is apparently on 50k per week, who’s buying him? He’ll ride out his contract. Same with McCormack & Micah Richards all there till 2020 on 30k plus a week. We’ve been abysmally managed at boardroom level for a decade now.

14 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Same as Lerner’s time Jedinak is apparently on 50k per week, who’s buying him? He’ll ride out his contract. 

Being Australian he doesn't apply as an overseas player in Asia which is where I think he could head to prolong his career.

33 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

The ground is sort of protected, the fan base has known we’re fucked to some degree for some time and the fan funded supporters trust has taken a step to protect it by registering it as a ACV which is an asset of community value. It means any sale would be long and protracted and the fan base would have a 6 month window to raise money for it. 

https://villatrust.org.uk/?p=2274

The training complex is compulsory purchase anyway because of HS2, the latest is we will sellog land in Birmingham most notably the staff car park next to witton train station to get funds. 

Its going to be a fire sale of players though I reckon, Chester, Lansbury, Hourihane & Adomah are pretty much the only ones I reckon will be more than 2m each. 

Hutton hasn’t been offered a contract and all loan players have returned back home. 

Hate to play the cunt card here but I would take Chester and Adomah. I'd even take Hogan or Kodjia. For what its worth, i reckon you'll get 4 to 5m for those players anyway.

40 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Being Australian he doesn't apply as an overseas player in Asia which is where I think he could head to prolong his career.

Hopefully 

28 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Hate to play the cunt card here but I would take Chester and Adomah. I'd even take Hogan or Kodjia. For what its worth, i reckon you'll get 4 to 5m for those players anyway.

Kodjia is just getting back so I think he’s staying till Christmas. 

A lot is going to depend on can Xia get money into cover it, apparently he’d been covering it as was but it’s because he can’t get his money out we’re in the hole. That’s going to determine how we approach the coming season. Personally I’m happy with a rebuild in a sensible manner. 

In reality I think it’s a 5 year rebuild job (which is what I thought we needed anyway 2 years ago) where we develop a style of play and ethos and come back in a few years. 

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Scott Hogan is one of the best strikers in this division if you supply him correctly, I'd take him back but his wage demand will be too high.

I doubt Villa will get much sympathy up in the north east over this after that banner.

I feel sorry for the fans but clubs need to be held accountable also, we go by and stay within FFP and still compete, other clubs can blast it and maybe get a payday from the Prem.

• Subscriber

It never fails to amaze me how stupid these clubs are and how daft a lot of fans are for lapping it up as if it's some kind of positive at the time when anyone with a brain knows it's plain stupid.

21 hours ago, Dan said:

It never fails to amaze me how stupid these clubs are and how daft a lot of fans are for lapping it up as if it's some kind of positive at the time when anyone with a brain knows it's plain stupid.

I agree however his issue is cash flow, apparently he’s managed to get 50mill in so we’re not as strapped as we were 48 hours ago. I expect high earners out the door though 

Archived