talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fraudulent Falcao

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Ok, now this shit is getting suspicious. 

@SirBalon @Kowabunga

What the hell exactly is going on in Spain? Poor accountants? 

No doubt this has happened whilst his time at Atletico, without even needing to read the article. 

Who knows... In Spain everyone complains about paying taxes from the poor all the way through the classes to the rich. Nobody wants to pay taxes.  All the social classes aim bullets at each other from the poor saying the rich should pay more to the rich saying that the poor simply don't pay any taxes.  Spain is different, over there we are champions at complaining but very few want to take responsibility.

From there to footballers using fiscal paradises and other forms of methods to evade paying their taxes, we have a conundrum. Because they all also complain about the services being shit. I'm not sure they've all worked out that the money for services tends to come from tax payers.

It's an embarrassment!  Everyone thinks they're Apple Inc.

By the way... The Radamel Falcao case has been going on for nearly two years as has the Xabi Alonso one and a few other extremely high profile names, one of which I won't name due to the tendency to be branded with the bias label. Just strange that only one name gets all the flack!  Not than he doesn't deserve it mind you.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Who knows... In Spain everyone complains about paying taxes from the poor all the way through the classes to the rich. Nobody wants to pay taxes.  All the social classes aim bullets at each other from the poor saying the rich should pay more to the rich saying that the poor simply don't pay any taxes.  Spain is different, over there we are champions at complaining but very few want to take responsibility.

From there to footballers using fiscal paradises and other forms of methods to evade paying their taxes, we have a conundrum. Because they all also complain about the services being shit. I'm not sure they've all worked out that the money for services tends to come from tax payers.

This is becoming way too suspicious, especially given the fact that these players never had any legal/tax issues when they weren't playing in Spain. 

44 minutes ago, Cicero said:

This is becoming way too suspicious, especially given the fact that these players never had any legal/tax issues when they weren't playing in Spain. 

It's not suspicious at all mate... They are in charge of their personal taxes. In every single case surrounding the last 8 years of tax fraud with footballers in Spain, they've all been investigated for personal tax evasion which means money they're making outside their club salary. The clubs pay their taxes for them in Spain (at least the first division clubs) and their salary is worked out after tax.  Where they're getting caught is the money they personally make from sponsorships and all other publcitity and businesses they run on the side.  They think they can be clever and they register their businesses with family members (In Cristiano Ronaldo's case his mother) and then get done because they reside in Spain and their obligations are to the territory they use services within.  For this they appoint their own accountants.

Byt the way... There are plenty of these cases going on around the whole of Europe at the moment, in Italy, Germany, Belgium and Portugal just to name a few that have come up in small columns recently just because they're not major names in the sport.  As players earn more and more, we're getting more of these crimes being committed.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

This reminded me that I read an article quite a while back that said countries where the population pay tax are outliers, not paying tax is the norm across the world. 

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Maybe the footballers wouldn't be so eagre to flee to tax havens if they weren't taxed at 50%! I think the same goes for a lot of the wealthy class. 

• Subscriber

Its really simple just send these muppets to jail for a short sentence and be done with it. When you have laws that call for suspension instead of jail time people think that its still okay to get caught. You're already swimming in millions but now you can swim in millions pay the tax at will and still act like you did nothing wrong? The jokes on the law not the other way around.

P.S. My accountant once told me that in every tax system loop holes are introduced by design not by oversight. Got to love corruption, no matter what its degree of application is.

I remember Messi and Ronaldo were accused under the same charges some years ago.I don't get it. they are so damn rich, what difference does it make to them if they pay more taxes or not? They still swim in money. They should pay their taxes in the first place and avoid the scandal.

On 6 June 2018 at 01:24, Spike said:

Maybe the footballers wouldn't be so eagre to flee to tax havens if they weren't taxed at 50%! I think the same goes for a lot of the wealthy class. 

The more you earn, the more tax you pay!  That's the tax ladder in most countries or at least first world countries.  What occurs from there on inwards is another matter.  We all know governments protect the interests of multinational corporations using all sorts of fiscal loopholes to evade their tax responsibilities.  But it's a lot easier to punish (use) individuals that earn seemingly as much or in a sensationalist scope and make a scapegoat out of them.

With that I'm not defending these footballers or any individual that makes that amount of money and evades their personal responsibility in contributing to everyone's well being.  What I am putting into question is the intentions behind these high profile cases and the reasons behind the very public sensationalist media use.  Think about everything that's publicised by the major (and very ideologically politically driven media) media platforms in everything regarding what we should or shouldn't have thrown in front of our eyes and ears everyday so as to sway our sentiments on the way action is taken on a series of events in any sphere.

This isn't conspiratorial!  THIS IS FACT!

• Subscriber
On 05/06/2018 at 20:52, SirBalon said:

Doesn't sound very different to me xD.

Archived