talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gonzalo Higuain - Premier League Move on the Cards?

football forum

• Administrator

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/chelsea-summer-transfer-higuain-juventus-14749989

Wants to play in the Premier League before he finishes his career...

Chelsea target Gonzalo Higuain has confirmed that he wants to play in the Premier League before he finishes his career.

The 30-year-old has played for River Plate, Real Madrid, Napoli and Juventus, but has been linked with a move to England this summer, with the Blues being top of the list.

Rumours from Italy have suggested that the Blues would be willing to switch Alvaro Morata for the Argentinian, with the Spanish striker reportedly wanting to make the move back to Italy.

And Higuain has dropped a big hint over his future and what it might hold for Chelsea if they wanted to get him from the Serie A champions.

Higuain is quoted by Calciomercato as saying: "I would like to play in the Premier League."

Being 30, it might mean that Chelsea won't want to spend too much money on a player that has a contract until 2021, however form goalkeeper Shaka Hislop feels it might be a risk worth taking.

"I’ll tell you what, I think this ticks a lot of boxes," Hislop told ESPN. "I know Antonio Conte is there for the time being, but I don’t expect him to be Chelsea manager at the start of next season.

"I still think they need an out-and-out, top-notch striker at Stamford Bridge. This makes sense, whether Higuain is happy to not play Champions League football, time will tell.

"I’m going to put this down as a hit because I think it makes sense for Chelsea and in particular Juventus, who have cover and Higuain is, what, 30 years old now.

"Maybe this is their last opportunity to get a big-money transfer fee for the Argentine."

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
27 minutes ago, Berserker said:

If not this season then next, he'll probably end in England.

would you be happy about it? 

What club you think could be best for him?

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

would you be happy about it? 

What club you think could be best for him?

Yes, i'd like him to play in the prem.

Right now i'd say Chelsea, as the other clubs have already bought or already have decent strikers.

5 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Yes, i'd like him to play in the prem.

Right now i'd say Chelsea, as the other clubs have already bought or already have decent strikers.

We won't. 

I'm sure Juve will be asking for something ridiculous, and we have never in the history under Roman, have spent over the odds on a striker in their 30's. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

We won't. 

I'm sure Juve will be asking for something ridiculous, and we have never in the history under Roman, have spent over the odds on a striker in their 30's. 

swap deal with Morata?

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

We won't. 

Don't get me wrong, i think he'll stay in Turin, but there's still a chance.

Don't think so, perhaps around 60M or a swap with Morata. Although i think it's less likely right now seeing as Sarri is no longer the first choice.

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

swap deal with Morata?

10 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Don't get me wrong, i think he'll stay in Turin, but there's still a chance.

Don't think so, perhaps around 60M or a swap with Morata. Although i think it's less likely right now seeing as Sarri is no longer the first choice.

We wouldn't be swapping a 25 year old for a striker who turns 31 in December. We don't make heavy investments on players in their 30's, hence their one-two year limit contracts. Only rumored swap deal was for Icardi I believe.

The whole manager situation is hectic given all the reports and rumors. Fact is,  no one knows whats going on, and the tabloids that think they do are the same people who thought Conte got sacked back in October of 2016. The rumors of us turning down Sarri because he's a homophobe is also quite funny considering we would of never approached him if that was the case, and the same report states we are after Blanc as an alternative, even though he is a well known racist. xD

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

We wouldn't be swapping a 25 year old for a striker who turns 31 in December. Only rumored swap deal was for Icardi I believe.

The whole manager situation is hectic given allt he reports and rumors. Fact is,  no one knows whats going on, and the tabloids that think they do are the same people who thought Conte got sacked back in October of 2017. The rumors of us turning down Sarri because he's a homophobe is also quite funny considering we would of never approached him if that was the case, and the same report states we are after Blanc as an alternative, even though he is a well known racist. xD

While age does matter, Morata is not on the same level as Higuain. Let's see what happens.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived