talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What Would Vardy & Arsenal Be Like If THAT Move Had Of Happened

Jamie Vardy has no regrets he turned down Arsenal despite seeing his fairytale rise to fame collapse since saying no to Arsene Wenger.

Vardy is tipped to lead the line when England face Germany in a friendly international in Dortmund on Wednesday having finally found form since snubbing the Gunners in June 2016 to stay at Leicester instead.

That decision was followed by a miserable Euro 2016 in which England were knocked out by Iceland – and by a disastrous start to the new Premier League campaign too.

The striker scored only two league goals between August and December and was then blamed by some for contributing to the sacking of championship-winning manager Claudio Ranieri.

Vardy claims the story line has left him as one of the most hated players in English football and seen his family threatened.

But despite all that, he is adamant he has never regretted choosing Leicester above Arsenal.

“If I’d played like that I would have been in the same situation there, so no. No, not at all,” he said.

“The main thing was not to let it get you down. That is the worst thing – then you will just never want to go on the pitch again. So you just have to keep working hard.

“If you keep working at the things that worked well in the past there is a point where they will come around and start working for you again.

“It was hard but that has started to happen. We have started to pick the wins up and dragged ourselves away from the relegation zone.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/jamie-vardy-has-no-regrets-over-turning-down-arsenal-move-to-stay-at-leicester-city/ar-BByuPkE?ocid=mailsignout

Would Vardy have had a better season? Would Arsenal?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who knows!

But what I personally believe is that Vardy is nothing special in the grand scheme of things where strikers are in question!  We signed something very similar to him in style of play and he's practically not been used which for me means we saved a hell of a lot more money spent on mediocrity.  We already have Olivier Giroud who is totally different but is in the same valuation scopes as Jamie Vardy and Lucas Pérez.

I can't say I've thought for a second this season "If only we had Vardy". As SirBalon said, we bought Lucas Perez who plays in a similar style and he's done well when he's played and even then he's not being used that much. Don't think a striker is even the problem, the midfield not gelling is the main issue. Welbeck fulfils what Vardy would've brought as well. Neither are as good at getting away with diving as Vardy but I'm not sure how big a difference that would've made. 

football forum

Vardy is only good when Leicester play to his strengths, let's not forget he was total bollocks this season when Ranieri changed style.

A move to Arsenal would have been poor for both parties which is what I and many others said at the time.

10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Never mind that..., Who is going to replace Sanchez, Ozil, Wilshere & Ox this summer?

Not signing Vardy is the least of their worries!

Mixed that with not placing in the top 4, could be a stressful summer for Arsenal. 

14 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Never mind that..., Who is going to replace Sanchez, Ozil, Wilshere & Ox this summer?

Not signing Vardy is the least of their worries!

None of their contracts run out this summer. Not saying none will leave but I can't see it being all 4.

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Don't write them off yet. Wenger is the absolute master of finishing top four! 

True. 10 games left.  But it honestly looks as if the players don't want to play for him anymore. Fans are divided. Wenger is keeping quite about his future. Just very toxic at the moment. 

You lot are gaining your form back and can focus primarily on the league, same with City and Spurs aside the FA Cup. 

In recent memory, has there ever been a much harder time for Wenger to place top 4?

15 minutes ago, Cicero said:

True. 10 games left.  But it honestly looks as if the players don't want to play for him anymore. Fans are divided. Wenger is keeping quite about his future. Just very toxic at the moment. 

You lot are gaining your form back and can focus primarily on the league, same with City and Spurs aside the FA Cup. 

In recent memory, has there ever been a much harder time for Wenger to place top 4?

Probably not. 

34 minutes ago, 6666 said:

None of their contracts run out this summer. Not saying none will leave but I can't see it being all 4.

Wilshere and Ox could probably be persuaded with some assurances but it looks like Sanchez & Ozil are goooners (sorry:D). 

I'd have 100% still loved us to sign Vardy even now, I'm pretty gutted we didn't get that over the line in the end. Not sure how much of an impact he would of had considering we have a pretty incompetent manager. I just think he has that little bit extra which playera like Welbeck and Lucas (although he has been disgracefully underused) don't quite have.

All in all I doubt he will have too many qualms about his decision. I think he probably made the right choice in the end.

• Administrator

Vardy would have led them to their first title in 13 years and Wenger would have been rewarded with a 13-year extension to his contract.

So everyone's a winner because of his loyalty. 

• Subscriber
51 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Wilshere and Ox could probably be persuaded with some assurances but it looks like Sanchez & Ozil are goooners (sorry:D). 

Wilshere can't even get in the Bournemouth team, it's time to stop overhyping him as he has been his whole career. He's bang average at best

I think Wilshere will definitely sign a new deal next season. Wenger will panick with the loss of Özil and he'll give Wilshere a mega contract. I'm not totally against the idea, no idea how his body will hold up though...

3 hours ago, Storts said:

Wilshere can't even get in the Bournemouth team, it's time to stop overhyping him as he has been his whole career. He's bang average at best

I think there was concerns over his health so they have taken it easy with him lately. He's had a very solid season there.

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I think Wilshere will definitely sign a new deal next season. Wenger will panick with the loss of Özil and he'll give Wilshere a mega contract. I'm not totally against the idea, no idea how his body will hold up though...

I think there was concerns over his health so they have taken it easy with him lately. He's had a very solid season there.

Come on - he's just not at the required level. He's hardly shone for them and really shouldn't be seen as any sort of answer for Arsenal. Most overrated player in the league

Archived