talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rodrygo joins Real Madrid from Santos for €40m

15283720389383.jpg

Rodrygo Silva de Goes aged just 17 signs for Real Madrid for somewhere in the region of €40m to €45m from Santos (the Barcelona based newspapers have the price down as €60m).

More commonly known just as Rodrygo, the young player was connected to a Barcelona signing practically the whole season but Real Madrid have acted quickly and bypassed Santos through agents so as to put pressure and not succumb to the €100m Santos wanted from Barcelona.

One of the most promising young players in the Brazilian league who plays as a winger and is extremely quick will join La Liga giants Real Madrid along with Vinicius Junior in 2019.

@El Profesor

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Stan said:

so it's basically Vinicius Jr, Rodrygo vs Arthur in La Liga when Messi & Ronaldo depart...

Arthur is nothing like the former 2 though.

At only 17, Rodrygo is already the best Santos player. He is an amazing talent. He scored a hat-trick last weekend, gave a wonderful assist yesterday.

Rodrygo is that kind of forward that you expect something special every time he has the ball. Fast, dribbles really well, good finisher. He is a natural righty, but plays on the left wing, after all he uses and shoots well with both feet. Technically, I´m totaly convinced about this kid and in my opinion, Real Madrid is doing smart business here. He´ll be a great player.

Rodrygo was born in 2001, so he won´t be able to move to Europe until next year, which is good, after all what he needs now is playing time to develop. 

6 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

At only 17, Rodrygo is already the best Santos player. He is an amazing talent. He scored a hat-trick last weekend, gave a wonderful assist yesterday.

Rodrygo is that kind of forward that you expect something special every time he has the ball. Fast, dribbles really well, good finisher. He is a natural righty, but plays on the left wing, after all he uses and shoots well with both feet. Technically, I´m totaly convinced about this kid and in my opinion, Real Madrid is doing smart business here. He´ll be a great player.

Rodrygo was born in 2001, so he won´t be able to move to Europe until next year, which is good, after all what he needs now is playing time to develop. 

How do you compare him to Neymar?

4 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Brazil have a great future as to be expected, if all turns out they should look like this in 5 years

???

??? - Marquinhos - ??? - Jorge

Arthur - Casemiro

Vinicius Junior - Neymar - Rodrygo

Jesus

I get Neymar isn't a 10, but he could well be in 5 years. He'll be 31. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

so it's basically Vinicius Jr, Rodrygo vs Arthur in La Liga when Messi & Ronaldo depart...

Like Odegaard and Halilovic?

I doubt any of the 3 will become anything as they are moving to the wrong clubs too soon. I've seen it too much now to expect it to work out xD

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

How do you compare him to Neymar?

This is a tough question. I think Rodrygo is already a more polished finisher at 17 than Neymar was at 18, but Neymar totally dominated brazilian football in 2010. I´d say Neymar was still the better prospect, but this is by no means a knock on Rodrygo, who is a very promissing player, it´s just that Neymar was too good. 

I don´t like the move to Real Madrid though. This is a club with an iffy, at best, record for developing young talents. The Paulinho move to Leverkusen, in my opinion, is a better move. Having said that, Rodrygo is already really good, so this makes me a little less worried about it. 

13 minutes ago, Blue said:

Brazil have a great future as to be expected, if all turns out they should look like this in 5 years

???

??? - Marquinhos - ??? - Jorge

Arthur - Casemiro

Vinicius Junior - Neymar - Rodrygo

Jesus

I get Neymar isn't a 10, but he could well be in 5 years. He'll be 31. 

This is tough to predict. So much can happen, but I´ll give it a try. xD

Alisson 

Éder Militão  - Marquinhos - Lucas Veríssimo - Jorge (Arana)

Casemiro (Fred)

Arthur    -     Paquetá

Rodrygo   - G. Jesus  - Neymar

Honorable mentions: Paulinho, Malcom, David Neres, Vinícius Jr. ,  Pedrinho...

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Like Odegaard and Halilovic?

I doubt any of the 3 will become anything as they are moving to the wrong clubs too soon. I've seen it too much now to expect it to work out xD

genuinely couldn't tell you where those 2 players are right now either xD 

Just now, Stan said:

genuinely couldn't tell you where those 2 players are right now either xD 

I reckon these players would be better at a Real Sociedad or somewhere of that nature. Their record with young players is incredible and it's not like these players, if good enough in 3/4 years, couldn't then make a step up to a club like Real Madrid. It makes much more sense, although football is too much about money now, that even 17 year olds are going to the biggest of clubs, where most go on to not live up to their hype.

6 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Pedrinho xD. You've got to love Brazilian footballer names.

Yago Pikachu is the best! xD Éverton Cebolinha (little onion) is also a strong one.

Also, there is the new generation of brazilian players named after argentinian players. Vasco has a kid named Riquelme and yesterday Palmeiras won the U-17 World Club Championship and the best player of the competition was a 15-year old kid named Gabriel Verón. haha

Archived