talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Worst Ever World Cup Sides

According to 4-4-2.

I thought at first it was just World Cup embarrassments, but then I see the likes of Brazil being put on the same list as El Salvador.

That's a terrible list.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-10-worst-sides-ever-appear-a-world-cup?utm_campaign=featureworldcup&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_term=editorial_organic&utm_content=stillimage

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Worst on the basis on how they perfomed or worst squad on paper going to the tournament ?

That's the thing I don't get. I want to say its performance, but there have been worse sides than Brazil 1974, England 2010 etc. and then you can't say its on paper either because the likes of El Salvador are thrown in the same list as England. It really is a terrible list.

17 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Argentina 2010, Garce, Otamendi RB, no Cambiasso and Zanetti, awful.

No Aimar or Riquelme as well. Two players who could of literally carried the midfield burden that Messi had to deal with. 

But, I'll do you one better. France and Italy  2010 

Just now, Cicero said:

No Aimar or Riquelme as well. Two players who could of literally carried the midfield burden that Messi had to deal with. 

But, I'll do you one better. France and Italy  2010 

Yeah, and also D'alessandro, so many wasted talented players, makes me want to punch the fat bastard.

1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

Saudi Arabia in 2002 were absolutely dismal.

Also missing from the list. FourFourTwo have had a shocker here.

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Australia 2014. 3 games, no points gained. 9 goals conceded.

lol

I hope you realise that you embody the quintessential 'Australian culture cringe'. It's embarrassing to read.

Yeah a team that played pretty good football, scored some great goals, from a country that where football isn't even relevant is 'one of the worst teams of all time'. There were no expectations from the team and they performed admirably. This isn't an 'Italy 2010' fiasco, or 'France 2002'. Also against three teams that could have realistically won the cup or come close.

9 hours ago, Spike said:

lol

I hope you realise that you embody the quintessential 'Australian culture cringe'. It's embarrassing to read.

Yeah a team that played pretty good football, scored some great goals, from a country that where football isn't even relevant is 'one of the worst teams of all time'. There were no expectations from the team and they performed admirably. This isn't an 'Italy 2010' fiasco, or 'France 2002'. Also against three teams that could have realistically won the cup or come close.

Fact. Chile played in 2nd gear and Aus only scored because Chileans are short.

Fact. Spain sucked

Fact. Cahil scored a 1 in a million goal. He sucks dick

Fact. Fuck you, suck my doodle.

Archived