talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Racism is in every country on the planet. What, you think you lot can walk down a street in Sierra Leone without a sideways glance?

I agree, it´s everywhere. Rwanda, Myanmar are good examples. Humans are problematic. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I agree, it´s everywhere. Rwanda, Myanmar are good examples. Humans are problematic. 

Life is problematic and problems will never disappear. All we can do is try to change for the better, as a group and individually but that requires a want to change. I feel at peace now but I know I won't always feel this way. I'll get angry, annoyed, and sad, and all those negative emotions can take hold of people and lead to irrational behaviour. I don't think I'm racist, I try to give everyone a chance but I also know that on a bad day, if someone chips away at me I'm liable to say something or do something regretful. We all have the capacity for terrible deeds, and sometimes good people do bad things. 

We can educate, we can reach out, but sometimes it has to be deep introspection for someone to change. It is arrogant to think that through our own tolerance people will follow, or through telling them they will listen.

13 minutes ago, Spike said:

Life is problematic and problems will never disappear. All we can do is try to change for the better, as a group and individually but that requires a want to change. I feel at peace now but I know I won't always feel this way. I'll get angry, annoyed, and sad, and all those negative emotions can take hold of people and lead to irrational behaviour. I don't think I'm racist, I try to give everyone a chance but I also know that on a bad day, if someone chips away at me I'm liable to say something or do something regretful. We all have the capacity for terrible deeds, and sometimes good people do bad things. 

We can educate, we can reach out, but sometimes it has to be deep introspection for someone to change. It is arrogant to think that through our own tolerance people will follow, or through telling them they will listen.

This is a beautiful post/testimonial, Spike. You put into words feelings I´ve experienced in my life. Thank you very much.

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Racism is in every country on the planet. What, you think you lot can walk down a street in Sierra Leone without a sideways glance?

But there is a difference an Australian  roaming in the streets of Pakistan in western clothing will be glanced and treated as a God by public and its opposite the other way around.

That is not true that racism is same everywhere, will a white French,German or English guy will get racist remarks in Italy ? No only the blacks and brown guys will be targeted. 

Europeons aren't rasict towards other ethnic Europeons right ? This is the image i have correct me if am wrong.

39 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

But there is a difference an Australian  roaming in the streets of Pakistan in western clothing will be glanced and treated as a God by public and its opposite the other way around.

No, he will get kidnapped and hold till a hefty sum is paid. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Devon Von Devon said:

That is not true that racism is same everywhere, will a white French,German or English guy will get racist remarks in Italy ? No only the blacks and brown guys will be targeted. 

Europeons aren't rasict towards other ethnic Europeons right ? This is the image i have correct me if am wrong.

They are sometimes, for example yanks with British, German or Dutch heritage to Southern, Eastern Europeans or even Irish.

1 minute ago, Berserker said:

They are sometimes, for example yanks with British, German or Dutch heritage to Southern, Eastern Europeans or even Irish.

Is the term Yanks used in a condescending tone like Paki or its just a nickname ?

1 minute ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Is the term Yanks used in a condescending tone like Paki or its just a nickname ?

Depends, latin americans in general prefer it to americans because the continent itself is called América in Spanish, and thus we consider everyone from Argentina to Canada americans instead of just the people of the US.

2 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Having stereotypes doesn't mean racism. You Europeons may have stereotypes of each other but you aren't racist towards each other.

They are, some of those people for example don't consider italians or latins to be "white".

19 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Having stereotypes doesn't mean racism. You Europeons may have stereotypes of each other but you aren't racist towards each other.

Europeans can be very hostile to each other, to the point of ethnic cleansing and massacres. For example, just over 2 decades ago, during the Bosnian War, bosnian serbs led an ethnic cleansing campaign against the bosniaks and in the Srebrenica massacre more than 8000 people were killed solely due to their ethnicity.

5 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Europeans can be very hostile to each other, to the point of ethnic cleansing and massacres. For example, just over 2 decades ago, during the Bosnian War, bosnian serbs led an ethnic cleansing campaign against the bosniaks and in the Srebrenica massacre more than 8000 people were killed solely due to their ethnicity.

If i'm not wrong Srebrenica involved religion as well as ethnicity ?

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Italy's got a massive problem with racism, so that's not a great reflection on Russia tbh.

That's the point, you don't hear bleeding hearts crying about Italian football every 5 minutes do you? If what has happened to Balotelli happened in Russia we would be hearing about it for months, Italy is a seething pustule of bigotry and racism at the moment. The targeting of Russian racism by the British press is purely politically driven and nothing to do with any real concern.

2 hours ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Of course Europeans can be racist towards each other.  I'm not going to go into the Brexit detail but not everyone that voted to leave the EU had the best of intentions (with that I'm not saying everyone).

We wanna control aw bourders. Alwight mate!

You can have racism within a single country...

In Spain the north doesn't like the south and the south doesn't like the north.

In Italy it's much of the same.

In France they have humongous problems surrounding racism, although in fairness there it's not exactly against other white French people but instead blacks and North Africans.

Racism is felt by stupid people.  Not just racism, but any type of hatred towards someone that's different to you.  Because we can't just include it all under one banner like race.  We also have religion (which you pointed out further up), class etc... etc...

One is not more right than the other because we're not talking history here.  We're talking about any type of discrimination of one human being to another based on something where one is different to the other. 

But let me return to the Italy part so as I end this particular post...

So, as many here know, my wife is Italian.  Not just Italian, but Neapolitan (that very last bit is extremely important).

In Italy racism doesn't just exist with black or brown people... They hate each other as I referred to further up.  If you're from the south you don't trust those that are from the north and if you're from the north, you absolutely despise those from the south.  Those from the south are pure and utter scum!

Read this next bit carefully mate... I'll put it in bold so it sticks out for all to see...

My wife and I were walking in our local park with our two year old son and he has a tendency to like to run away from us no matter how much we call him.  He'll run away looking back and laughing so as we chase him... Sometimes this can be dangerous but in the park it's fine.  On this occasion we just wanted to get him into his buggy because he was sleepy and becoming rather naughty. 

There was this one guy walking past us I've seen before and know he's Italian... I've seen him in our local Italian delicatessen and by his accent I KNEW he was from the north, probably the Milan area, that part I'm not sure, but 100% from the north.

He had heard my wife and I talking to each other countless times and although my Italian has a very neutral accent that's undetectable, my wife has a strong Neapolitan accent. Plus, we called our son GENNARO. A mark of a Neapolitan, the patron saint of Naples.

When my son ran ahead of us and we called our GENNARO GENNARO... My son brushed his hand past the man's trouser leg laughing... The man looked at our son with a hateful face and made the sound a pig makes (you can imagine how this goes), turned, looked at us, spat on the floor and continued to walk on.

My initial reaction was to run upto that excuse for a human being and punch him in the mouth and in so doing hopefully knock out every single one of his teeth... (Let me just say that I'm not usually this way inclined at all but because he'd done it to a child, my child, I was incensed).

Read even more carefully now please...

As I'm about to act on my uncontrollable rage, a miracle occurs in a split second... For me it was indeed a miracle!  The miracle of purity, a purity we are all born with called innocence...

As I take that first step to an unusual aggressive destiny, my son looks up at the man, laughs and makes the pig noise back.

You may say, what does that mean... Well my son being 2 is totally innocent and he thought the man was doing the sound of a favourite cartoon show of his called Peppa Pig.  My son doesn't know hate, doesn't know racism, doesn't know absolutely any negative artificial trait humans manufacture for themselves as they grow up.

At that point tears well up in my eyes and instead of going for the man, I ran toward my son, picked him up and kissed him God only knows how many times.

I won't go into what awaits my son in the future as he's conditioned by our species... But for now he doesn't need to see his father do something worse than the bigot by seeing the worst side to me.

People like to pick and choose what's racism, xenophobia and all the other different types of hate humans can manufacture to throw at one another.  Nobody is free from it and to put grades on anything is as ignorant as those that are inflicted by that irrational ignorant hate.

Let's not award hate of any type by comparing its severity to other hates.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Of course Europeans can be racist towards each other.  I'm not going to go into the Brexit detail but not everyone that voted to leave the EU had the best of intentions (with that I'm not saying everyone).

We wanna control aw bourders. Alwight mate!

You can have racism within a single country...

In Spain the north doesn't like the south and the south doesn't like the north.

In Italy it's much of the same.

In France they have humongous problems surrounding racism, although in fairness there it's not exactly against other white French people but instead blacks and North Africans.

Racism is felt by stupid people.  Not just racism, but any type of hatred towards someone that's different to you.  Because we can't just include it all under one banner like race.  We also have religion (which you pointed out further up), class etc... etc...

One is not more right than the other because we're not talking history here.  We're talking about any type of discrimination of one human being to another based on something where one is different to the other. 

But let me return to the Italy part so as I end this particular post...

So, as many here know, my wife is Italian.  Not just Italian, but Neapolitan (that very last bit is extremely important).

In Italy racism doesn't just exist with black or brown people... They hate each other as I referred to further up.  If you're from the south you don't trust those that are from the north and if you're from the north, you absolutely despise those from the south.  Those from the south are pure and utter scum!

Read this next bit carefully mate... I'll put it in bold so it sticks out for all to see...

My wife and I were walking in our local park with our two year old son and he has a tendency to like to run away from us no matter how much we call him.  He'll run away looking back and laughing so as we chase him... Sometimes this can be dangerous but in the park it's fine.  On this occasion we just wanted to get him into his buggy because he was sleepy and becoming rather naughty. 

There was this one guy walking past us I've seen before and know he's Italian... I've seen him in our local Italian delicatessen and by his accent I KNEW he was from the north, probably the Milan area, that part I'm not sure, but 100% from the north.

He had heard my wife and I talking to each other countless times and although my Italian has a very neutral accent that's undetectable, my wife has a strong Neapolitan accent. Plus, we called our son GENNARO. A mark of a Neapolitan, the patron saint of Naples.

When my son ran ahead of us and we called our GENNARO GENNARO... My son brushed his hand past the man's trouser leg laughing... The man looked at our son with a hateful face and made the sound a pig makes (you can imagine how this goes), turned, looked at us, spat on the floor and continued to walk on.

My initial reaction was to run upto that excuse for a human being and punch him in the mouth and in so doing hopefully knock out every single one of his teeth... (Let me just say that I'm not usually this way inclined at all but because he'd done it to a child, my child, I was incensed).

Read even more carefully now please...

As I'm about to act on my uncontrollable rage, a miracle occurs in a split second... For me it was indeed a miracle!  The miracle of purity, a purity we are all born with called innocence...

As I take that first step to an unusual aggressive destiny, my son looks up at the man, laughs and makes the pig noise back.

You may say, what does that mean... Well my son being 2 is totally innocent and he thought the man was doing the sound of a favourite cartoon show of his called Peppa Pig.  My son doesn't know hate, doesn't know racism, doesn't know absolutely any negative artificial trait humans manufacture for themselves as they grow up.

At that point tears well up in my eyes and instead of going for the man, I ran toward my son, picked him up and kissed him God only knows how many times.

I won't go into what awaits my son in the future as he's conditioned by our species... But for now he doesn't need to see his father do something worse than the bigot by seeing the worst side to me.

People like to pick and choose what's racism, xenophobia and all the other different types of hate humans can manufacture to throw at one another.  Nobody is free from it and to put grades on anything is as ignorant as those that are inflicted by that irrational ignorant hate.

Let's not award hate of any type by comparing its severity to other hates.

What I took from this Balon is that you support Arsenal, have a season ticket worth 2 grand +, work in fashion and have a son called Gennaro. Everything about this screams Hampstead Heath :D

19 minutes ago, Danny said:

What I took from this Balon is that you support Arsenal, have a season ticket worth 2 grand +, work in fashion and have a son called Gennaro. Everything about this screams Hampstead Heath :D

On the Heath or nearby? xD

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I have no idea why people say this as if it's any sort of justification.

I don't think he's justifying anything mate.  In my view he's referring to many posts which are depicting certain countries as bigger sinners than others when it comes to racism when in reality every country has the same problems.  Whether or not it's more hidden, whether or not it's against any particular ethnic minority, religious group or particular culture... Trying to say that one society is more evil when it comes to this is incorrect.

58 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I don't think he's justifying anything mate.  In my view he's referring to many posts which are depicting certain countries as bigger sinners than others when it comes to racism when in reality every country has the same problems.  Whether or not it's more hidden, whether or not it's against any particular ethnic minority, religious group or particular culture... Trying to say that one society is more evil when it comes to this is incorrect.

My intention with this thread was to talk about racism that could happen at this tournament. Where it happens elsewhere is largely irrelevant.

13 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

My intention with this thread was to talk about racism that could happen at this tournament. Where it happens elsewhere is largely irrelevant.

We always start things with certain intentions and then that go wayward. This happening with threads isn’t unusual to be honest.

Of course we’re going to encounter racism in Russia because it’s a football tournament which will have certain fanbases that go there with more of a sense of tribalism and other fanbases that go to these things for the party atmosphere.

From there we can talk and it’ll go wayward once again. 

I’d imagine there will be ‘minor’ isolated racist incidents but not widespread chanting.

i think the safety of supports is more concerning and it’ll probably be England fans that take the beatings.

Archived