The better place to talk football.

Jeff Stelling Set To Retire

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
16 minutes ago, Toony said:

Bad news, he makes that programme.

Feel for the person who comes in to replace him, impossible job.

much like anyone after Fergie!

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Why has he retired?

Works one day a week, getting excited about football, when he loves football, getting paid handsomely for it? 

Unbelievable Jeff 

I read his biography ages ago and although what you see on TV is about a day's worth, there's a shit load of stuff that he does in the background which involves researching all the facts and figures which he ends up churning out on a Saturday, as well as loads of charity events.

I also met him when I went on Countdown and again in Gatwick airport when I got back from holiday and had a chat about Leicester, Hartlepool and Soccer Saturday. He does a quiz show on ITV as well as Friday Night Football (not that regular, I know). 

Fun fact for you all - his first name isn't actually Jeff :D 

2 minutes ago, Romesh said:

I read his biography ages ago and although what you see on TV is about a day's worth, there's a shit load of stuff that he does in the background which involves researching all the facts and figures which he ends up churning out on a Saturday, as well as loads of charity events.

I also met him when I went on Countdown and again in Gatwick airport when I got back from holiday and had a chat about Leicester, Hartlepool and Soccer Saturday. He does a quiz show on ITV as well as Friday Night Football (not that regular, I know). 

Spill? What is it? :/

5 minutes ago, Romesh said:

Hold the mother fucking phone 

You went on countdown?

Pics or stfu

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Spill? What is it? :/

Robert.

Just now, HoneyNUFC said:

Hold the mother fucking phone 

You went on countdown?

Pics or stfu

CD1.png

CD5.png

This was in 2009 and I was very skinny (and nervous in the first pic xD) !!

• Administrator
Just now, HoneyNUFC said:

You legend.

How did you do?

Lost by 5 points on the conundrum (neither of us got it). 

I now get pelters from my mates of what the answer was (Had to guess 'Godparent' from 'petdragon'). 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Chaaay AFC said:

This is the GOAT post of TF365. It will never be topped! xD

xD 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Brilliant! 

Nice one mate :congrats:

Cheers.

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

I'm trying to find an anogram of Stan from Sunil Parmar, but I'm struggling? 

I'd be shit on countdown :dam:

stan is a nickname my brother gave me relating to when we both played Championship Manager together.

We saw 'Sanli Tuncay' flick up on the commentary very quickly. My brother thought it said 'Sunil Tuncay'. Then he started calling me Sanli, then Stanley, then Stan. 

As sad as that :D 

6 minutes ago, Romesh said:

stan is a nickname my brother gave me relating to when we both played Championship Manager together.

We saw 'Sanli Tuncay' flick up on the commentary very quickly. My brother thought it said 'Sunil Tuncay'. Then he started calling me Sanli, then Stanley, then Stan. 

As sad as that :D 

Haha

Archived